SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

new rims/wheels...criticize

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-12, 07:35 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my vote also goes to get the red lip outta there.
Old 05-25-12, 11:59 PM
BradHoff
Driver

Originally Posted by SCrollinSD
nice, I was hoping the EZ's. I'm doing a little research to plan out what the best budget coils are in terms of daily driving and being able to slam as well, and so far I've heard a lot of good things about the megans. they also offer dampening adjustment right?

can you tell me how many threads you have left on them, or are you max low all around or what?
They get the job done. Their not the top of the line racing suspension but in terms of being a good coilover system on a budget its awesome. i paid 640 bucks for them and they can go just as low as any other coilover. i have so much thread left i can put the car on the ground. The only difference in the megan LPs or similar $1000 coils is their 32 way adjustable and these are only 16 way adjustable in terms of dampening.
Old 05-26-12, 05:58 AM
Factory5
Driver School Candidate

i dont think they look bad just a drop and they would be fine
Old 05-26-12, 07:15 AM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BradHoff
They get the job done. Their not the top of the line racing suspension but in terms of being a good coilover system on a budget its awesome. i paid 640 bucks for them and they can go just as low as any other coilover. i have so much thread left i can put the car on the ground. The only difference in the megan LPs or similar $1000 coils is their 32 way adjustable and these are only 16 way adjustable in terms of dampening.
yeah, i understand all that, I'm not looking to make a track beast, just a stylish cruiser with options I've had 1600 dollar coils, 1200 dollar coils, and I've had 800 dollar coils, so I know what to expect out of all of them. just making sure that these are indeed a soilid purchase for those of us on a budget.

16 way adjustable is good enough for me. how stiff do they feel on the stiffest? (sort of an unquantifiable thing but oh well lol)

thanks for the info. just wanted to make sure these things can go as low as I could possibly want.
Old 05-26-12, 01:46 PM
BradHoff
Driver

Originally Posted by Factory5
i dont think they look bad just a drop and they would be fine
page 2

Originally Posted by SCrollinSD
yeah, i understand all that, I'm not looking to make a track beast, just a stylish cruiser with options I've had 1600 dollar coils, 1200 dollar coils, and I've had 800 dollar coils, so I know what to expect out of all of them. just making sure that these are indeed a soilid purchase for those of us on a budget.

16 way adjustable is good enough for me. how stiff do they feel on the stiffest? (sort of an unquantifiable thing but oh well lol)

thanks for the info. just wanted to make sure these things can go as low as I could possibly want.
pretty stiff, doesnt really bother me tho the roads are good here
Old 05-26-12, 02:47 PM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

^^ well, thats good. the stiffer the better for going ultra low. good to know man, thanks for all the info!!!
Old 05-26-12, 03:06 PM
Cleet
Rookie

Would look 10x better with the window trim blacked out and possibly the headlights too... so that red is kind of the only accent against the black. The red tails look good with them so if you can get some other small red accents here and there to where its only a red and black theme it would look killer. Black/red is my favorite color combo. If you have the ***** to try it you could go Porsche style and do the mirrors and spoiler red too.

Summed up, it doesn't look bad at all... you just need to make it work.
Old 05-29-12, 05:23 AM
BlakOnBlak
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrCJ305
Stretch is putting a smaller width tire on a wheel & you can go a little lower by doing so. Offset is how far the wheel extends pass the fenders or tucks under the fender.
Thank You Everyday I learn somthing new with these cars.. thanks to Club Lexus
Old 05-29-12, 06:22 AM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

^ well, technically, offset is how far the hub center is comparative to the actual dead center of the wheel... as far as the distance it may or may not poke past the fenders, that can be either width or offset, or both that contribute to it.

Old 05-29-12, 03:43 PM
Durangosc
Driver School Candidate

I would just do a small pinstripe of red
Old 05-29-12, 04:29 PM
Oxford
Driver

But seriously, should ditch the red lip
Old 05-29-12, 05:47 PM
scmaluco
Driver

Originally Posted by N00bie909
Should have went with the xxr 521's
that or the 526's. paint those wheels all black or sell them and get some different.. for the same price you paid for those i bet..
Old 05-29-12, 06:20 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it. BUT consider this. Instead of the entire lip painted, just get the outside of the lip painted, I think its called time attack style im not sure at all though I know nothing of rims.
Old 05-29-12, 11:18 PM
baloyr
Driver School Candidate

paint it all black
Old 05-29-12, 11:41 PM
Mikhail21
Driver School Candidate

they look alright but a little too much red for a all black car. if you really like the red maybe try a smaller strip of red

Quick Reply: new rims/wheels...criticize