SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Distributor Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-11, 12:06 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distributor Question

Ok So got her all back together and in time, but was curious whether I shoud rotate the dist all the was toward the fire wall or the front of the car? Right now it is bolted down in the middle
Old 08-28-11, 03:43 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh... you would have been better off not starting a new thread, and asking this in one of the other three or ten threads you have regarding your single issue.

depends on which way it needs to be timed (more retard or more advance). grab a timing light (as you have been told), get it timed. you'll immediately see which way it will need to go.
Old 08-28-11, 05:06 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BenStoked
ugh... you would have been better off not starting a new thread, and asking this in one of the other three or ten threads you have regarding your single issue.

depends on which way it needs to be timed (more retard or more advance). grab a timing light (as you have been told), get it timed. you'll immediately see which way it will need to go.
I didnt want to revive a dead thread with a problem that was resolved. I figured out the tdc thing and got the car running. Now that I know rotating it has to do with timing I have a better Idea.

BTW why would you ***** about me asking questions that many new sc 0wners will run into seeing as how its going to be an 11-20 year old car, yet threads for wheels/paint etc turn out to be pages upon pages. I thought this was a tech forum
Old 08-28-11, 05:35 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

why am I *****ing? because your question had already been answered in your other threads, and if you didn't get the "answer" to this question, it is 100% relevant to the exact same problem others would have when they do the same thing you did. therefore, if this question were in the other thread, people could see your thread, and say, "Oh, I need to set the base timing, AND adjust the ignition timing, too!!!"

brilliant how that works together, huh?

and I am not saying the threads don't get old, with all the retarded, ill fitting wheels, super mad tyte photo ops, etc. but most people will start their own thread and post more of those type in that same thread.
Old 08-28-11, 05:41 PM
SC YAA
Pole Position

I really dont know why people get so mad at other people for asking a question! SO why dont you just let it go... really who cares!
Old 08-28-11, 05:42 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

I'm saying, if you look on the first page, all the tech related threads have the least responses, compared to the other threads. Not that I have a problem with/wheel/paint/what to look for threads, I dont see a point in bumping an old thread then holding my breath until someone answers.

Besides if I start enough threads that get answered even lousy search users like me will still find answers...and save grumps like you the time of posting "blah blah search feature blah blah"

Seriously though, I do appreciate you answering my question
Old 08-28-11, 05:47 PM
SC YAA
Pole Position

Agreed.....
Old 08-28-11, 05:50 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Calm down Ben, not everyone is a know it all when it comes to auto forums..plus its the internet, chill. Its not like he's calling your phone asking the questions. So relax and read this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-sc-forum.html

2JZnosht read here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...correctly.html

You need a timing light, and to jump the diagnostic port as described in the link there, search here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php

Also to save panties/thongs/bikini's from getting too twisted up, if you have any more questions, send me a PM. I am more than willing to help out with any info you need.
Old 08-28-11, 06:10 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

OP, sorry if I came off a little pissy (because I was), but a thread isn't necessarily "dead" unless there's nothing more to be gleaned from it.

I, too agree this is a tech forum, you'll notice from my posts (if you bother to check), I would estimate that I post 50% tech, 50% aesthetics (for lack of a better description on "other"). and considering the forum is 25% (or less) tech... yeah...

So, if I hurt some feelings, I apologize. as turbodremz said, it's the internet, chill
so, 2jz, you gonna chill, whit me?