SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Headlight bulbs comparison (pics posted)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-02, 11:51 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default here's a pic of the piaa super plasma

here's the pic i promised... note the color on the ground in front of the fog lights.
Attached Thumbnails Headlight bulbs comparison (pics posted)-1200.jpg  
Old 09-25-02, 11:55 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Default even highly visible in the day

here's a side shot...
Attached Thumbnails Headlight bulbs comparison (pics posted)-1300.jpg  
Old 09-25-02, 11:57 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NAZTY, these are the PIAA Super Plasma H3s?? $85 seems kind of steep to me, but I'll take these into consideration.
Old 09-26-02, 12:11 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Default they're worth it....

you might wanna ask around,... i got my for $70 for the pair,... I know the owner of protech in austin,... he ain't gonna loose $$$ (might not make a lot either hookin' up folks,..but still,.. at least you know cost is less than 70 ).

This is also with the glare guards raised up in the lamp housing,... at first they weren't nearly that bright,... kinda dull,... but still brighter than the stock... when i moved the guards out the way,.. the actual bulb then is fully exposed and visible and it lights the hole lense well,... the camera does it no justice,... but the lense is multicolored,... everybody asks me how i got lights that do that... PLASMA coating!!
Old 09-26-02, 12:40 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

NAZTY, what kind of city lights do you have in there? They are very white in that picture and it looks as if they'd match up really well with my HIDs. I have yet to find a 5w bulb that produces that much white light.
Old 09-26-02, 01:03 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Default parking/city lights?

those are the piaa plasma blues.... they match the super plasma 9006 & H3 color,... the Super plasma wedge bulbs are lighter blue, and don't really look good next to the same series of main bulb,.. .so I put them in my door lights ( they look pretty cool in there ). The plasma blue wedge is damn near navy blue,.... where the super plasma's are that light blue,... NO GOOOOD!!!

when the driving lights are off,... it makes the lamp glow a purplish blue color.... pretty slick,... if i can get a pic of them on, i'll post it.
Old 09-26-02, 01:09 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

the wedge bulbs are piaas? i got the wedge bulbs that matched the piaa plasma and they do NOT MATCH my hid's.... i'm still looking for wedge bulbs and corner lights to match... very hard.
Old 09-26-02, 01:12 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

I bought the PIAA plasma blue bulbs and they look awful, almost no light output at all, and yes they look navy blue. So are you saying those are the Super Plasmas or the Plasma Blues?
Old 09-26-02, 01:14 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

if you can, please post the number on the piaa box that you got it from? yours looks more white. i'll post my number tomorrow, so everyone will know not to get them.
Old 09-26-02, 01:16 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Default plasma blues,.... the other ones were worse..

i'd say only from in front of them does it have any similance to white,...bulb area.... the area around is a purplish/blue color,... I think I've seen a set of platinum's that may work... if i can verify that,...i will post a link.
Old 09-26-02, 02:15 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by do-luck sc
hey jmai,
you were supposed to come down at 8 the same night? hm.. the only person i knew of was howie. same guy that worked on lex400sc's car did mine as well.

the HID's are E39, or bmw 5 series or bmw x5. both the same. i honestly can't tell if there is a flicker, since i'm always enjoying it inside the cockpit. But I'd have to say that they are bright. the pattern is the same as rich had posted on CL. I should post mine soon, maybe tomorrow or so. I need to study tonight.

Jmai, if you're getting yours done at "illusion" then maybe i'll drive up there to see your work too! He said that after his work on mine, he's going to stop for a bit because of school. IF you guys need anymore info, just let me know. pics should be up by this week.
Yeah i called him that day and he said if i wanted to come down come on down and howie was gonna be there. I talked to howie and he said he didn't go either if i remember correctly.

The reason why you don't see flicker is maybe because you got the 2000 5 series or 2000 x5. i don't think there is flicker on those.

One question guys. Do you guys have the U shape in front of your bumper?? Do-luck what city are you from. maybe i can come check out your exahaust and your HID's before i do mine. Just so i know i won't be disappointed in mine. How much did he charge you??
Old 09-26-02, 02:22 AM
sphereman
Pole Position

NAZTY97

great!! what year is your SC??

also, can you get me a pair for $70 for me ??

thanks
Old 09-26-02, 04:02 AM
see_fu
Pole Position

Originally posted by lex400sc
Do-luck, are you kidding? The color flicker is my favorite part. I can see it happening in the reflection of car paint in front of me (shiny black and silver paint is the best), and in store window reflections. I like the store window reflections the best cause you can see the whole car in all it's high intensity glory .
hahah RICH!!!! i think you like the flicker more than the output hahah

Hey I got a set of A6 ecodes coming in. you still interested in putting some ecodes in your car =)
Old 09-26-02, 04:03 AM
see_fu
Pole Position

Originally posted by do-luck sc
hey jmai,
you were supposed to come down at 8 the same night? hm.. the only person i knew of was howie. same guy that worked on lex400sc's car did mine as well.

the HID's are E39, or bmw 5 series or bmw x5. both the same. i honestly can't tell if there is a flicker, since i'm always enjoying it inside the cockpit. But I'd have to say that they are bright. the pattern is the same as rich had posted on CL. I should post mine soon, maybe tomorrow or so. I need to study tonight.

Jmai, if you're getting yours done at "illusion" then maybe i'll drive up there to see your work too! He said that after his work on mine, he's going to stop for a bit because of school. IF you guys need anymore info, just let me know. pics should be up by this week.
Lee, bring your car down. I think I have a fix for that problem. I'm not sure if I told you, but i posted some pics of your car on my site.
Old 09-26-02, 04:07 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Do-Luck. Come down when i do my retro. on OCT 5th. I'm not really sure where at yet but i guess you would know the place. We could have a little meet and bring a digi cam if you got one. we will do a HID MEET. FUN!!!!

cannot freakin wait. LOL. i hope illusion lighting can get my 9006 HID kit to work in my fogs too. LOL.

Quick Reply: Headlight bulbs comparison (pics posted)