SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Little drift video...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-11, 10:37 AM
Oxford
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks so damn fun, makes me wanna get another sc, and making one a track *****.
Old 09-06-11, 09:44 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Whats your next plans for the diff? Have you tryd playing around with the suspension to get a bit more turn in bite? Might help over come the busted diff for now.
Old 09-06-11, 11:33 PM
njdmx5
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks awesome dude, I'm trying to get an sc300 to turn into my drift car. every think about just welding an open diff in the mean time? i know it not the best solution but it does work lol
Old 09-07-11, 01:29 AM
Copilot
Driver

Originally Posted by njdmx5
looks awesome dude, I'm trying to get an sc300 to turn into my drift car. every think about just welding an open diff in the mean time? i know it not the best solution but it does work lol
There is really nothing wrong with welded diffs, they are very consistent unlike what you sometimes get with 1.5ways.
Old 09-07-11, 08:04 AM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BigSticks
Whats your next plans for the diff? Have you tryd playing around with the suspension to get a bit more turn in bite? Might help over come the busted diff for now.
Kaaz two way. Yeah I loosened up the front damper and stiffened the rear so I could throw it in the turns but I dont wanna mess with a bigger rear sway or solid links just yet. Id rather put that money in a new diff.

Originally Posted by njdmx5
Originally Posted by Copilot
There is really nothing wrong with welded diffs, they are very consistent unlike what you sometimes get with 1.5ways.
This. Nothing wrong with welded diffs I was just stupid and wanted a torsen lol
Old 09-07-11, 09:45 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Try ebraking on a few turns. I noticed you never used it. Also seems like you don't let the car slide long enough. Let the car correct itself when you are full throttle. That will help out the smooth transitions. Also this comes with time, but you initiate late in the turn. Try hitting the ebrake and position the car in the middle of the track. That will give you a nice slide and some much needed power coming out. Nice vid good luck.
Old 09-07-11, 12:09 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

damn that looks fun as SHIP!
Old 09-07-11, 12:48 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soardrft
Try ebraking on a few turns. I noticed you never used it. Also seems like you don't let the car slide long enough. Let the car correct itself when you are full throttle. That will help out the smooth transitions. Also this comes with time, but you initiate late in the turn. Try hitting the ebrake and position the car in the middle of the track. That will give you a nice slide and some much needed power coming out. Nice vid good luck.
Thanks man ill definitely give it a try once I get my ebrake working
Old 09-07-11, 01:31 PM
Copilot
Driver

BTW did you ever slide the car when it wasn't fully gutted?

Im wanting to slide my daily soarer(its a 2jz-ge) a bit but not really wanting to gut the interior too much.

It just seems like trying to slide such a huge boat is going to suck, im use to drifting s13's.
Old 09-07-11, 02:00 PM
Poopra98
Driver School Candidate

You did a good job man even with the crappy diff. Def improved from the last event. Side note did you change your exhaust since last event as well? Seemed a lot louder. You going in October?
Old 09-07-11, 03:30 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Im wanting to slide my daily soarer(its a 2jz-ge) a bit but not really wanting to gut the interior too much.

It just seems like trying to slide such a huge boat is going to suck, im use to drifting s13's.
No but plenty of people do so id say give it a try!

Originally Posted by Poopra98
You did a good job man even with the crappy diff. Def improved from the last event. Side note did you change your exhaust since last event as well? Seemed a lot louder. You going in October?
Thanks man much appreciated. Was that your sc in the parking lot with the rp03's? If so i was fapping over it like all day lol

Im gonna try my best to make it in October, hopefully ill see you there
Old 09-07-11, 04:00 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

There is a HUGE difference between sc and s13. And that's before you consider the weight.
The angle in s13 is better. The torque and gear ratio makes it easy to break traction. The small tire size. The list goes on...

Drifting full interior vs taking out panels is not a big difference. First off by the time you take out carpet, panels, and trunk stuff you will be lucky if you feel the weight and power difference. I went from drifting full interior for cool points to gutted back to full interior. That is drifting both s13 & sc.

As we all know it goes back to driver preference. If you don't have this car as your track car then the only upgrades you should need is lsd (welded or upgraded), cut knuckles, good coilover setup, brake pads and lots of tires. The bucket is a great upgrade, but takes away from the fun factor.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-11, 07:18 PM
Poopra98
Driver School Candidate

No that white one wasn't mine, I have the old risky devil one from aj. I was the jabroni in the pink Zubaz LOL. But yeah keep it up and again hope to see you in October.

Devin
Old 09-07-11, 08:26 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Nice job. Car sounds good too. Can't wait to see more vids as your skills improve.
Old 09-07-11, 11:09 PM
BigSticks
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by theory5150
Kaaz two way. Yeah I loosened up the front damper and stiffened the rear so I could throw it in the turns but I dont wanna mess with a bigger rear sway or solid links just yet. Id rather put that money in a new diff.

This. Nothing wrong with welded diffs I was just stupid and wanted a torsen lol
Pming you guy

Quick Reply: Little drift video...