SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Hydrocarbons & Carbon Monoxide to HIGH. 1UZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-11, 06:40 AM
PhreshhWun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this exact same problem, high hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide but really low nox. I changed my spark plug wires, plugs, cap and rotors and the car failed worse ahah. I ended up replacing the resonator before the y-split with a heavy duty cat. Put the car on the machine and ran it at 120 and burnt like 20$ gas just to heat the car up enough and try to push out the **** inside. Ran the car and I passed...barely lol. Hc limit in Ontario is like 52 and I got a 51!
Old 09-11-11, 07:35 AM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...6a09ef5357b79f
Old 09-11-11, 10:05 AM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by SexCoupe
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...400&vi=1187614

if you just throw your money around at the first thing you see ofcourse it wont be cheap...what sense does it make to buy on impulse somthing for 200 dollars then turn around and ask about somthing 55 dollars?slow down a bit you have plenty of time to look and research if you dont have time for wutever reason ask more questions quicker you could have even got everything from aliga with a good bulk price from a wrecked SC...spend smarter bro let us know what happens
i just had no idea were to start, but now i think i am just going to cheat on the emmisions however the tune up is a must! but thank you so much for those links! even cheaper than what i got from work. think i am going to go with BWD instead of the NGK wires, which would u go with?
Old 09-11-11, 10:15 AM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by PhreshhWun
I had this exact same problem, high hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide but really low nox. I changed my spark plug wires, plugs, cap and rotors and the car failed worse ahah. I ended up replacing the resonator before the y-split with a heavy duty cat. Put the car on the machine and ran it at 120 and burnt like 20$ gas just to heat the car up enough and try to push out the **** inside. Ran the car and I passed...barely lol. Hc limit in Ontario is like 52 and I got a 51!
LMFAO!!!! might just get some race fuel, put some slicks on and go run a few passes at the track
WOAH! now all of this is good quality? wont throw codes and **** like anything bosche?
Old 09-11-11, 01:08 PM
SexCoupe
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

rockauto was the first site i saw but im not sure about them never tried them so i linked you to a place local so you can get the stuff faster and be able to return it if you needed to....phreshwun is right if your cat is "MISSING" like someone put a straight pipe it will raise CO and HC but you have your cats so its different phreshwun was suppose to have a cat in front of the y-pipe not a resonater when he put a cat back he passed supposse to be 3 cats
Old 09-11-11, 06:28 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boboridesb
LMFAO!!!! might just get some race fuel, put some slicks on and go run a few passes at the track

WOAH! now all of this is good quality? wont throw codes and **** like anything bosche?
I haven't had any problems with a decent wire set, and the cap/rotor are the same as any other. I didn't include plugs, because the only NGK plugs they had were double-platinum, I would recommend watching rockauto for a few days, their stock changes all the time, and they're pretty good about saying only what's in stock (my experience, anyway).
Old 09-12-11, 11:32 AM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by BenStoked
I haven't had any problems with a decent wire set, and the cap/rotor are the same as any other. I didn't include plugs, because the only NGK plugs they had were double-platinum, I would recommend watching rockauto for a few days, their stock changes all the time, and they're pretty good about saying only what's in stock (my experience, anyway).
i believe i am going to go with the NGK Premium Iridium spark plugs, NGK wires, and the AIRtrex/Wells cap and rotor kit, now i need to get 2 cap and rotor kits? just wnt to make sure i am not buying anything i dont need, autozone took back the cats so this is gunna be the money form them