SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

supra lca or vlamos and ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-11, 05:24 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supra lca or vlamos and ?

Supra LCA i heard is the way to go if replacing lca on lexus sc400. then i also hear about VFT (Vlamos) bushings and stuff. So which is the way to go supra lca or vlamos with stock lexus arms. what to do????? thanks

what about sway bars... any for the sc that are a good idea? will it diminish drive comfort when cruising? thanks.

Last edited by ScDoinIt; 09-09-11 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-08-11, 06:08 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

low mileage new bushings
high mileage new control arms
Old 09-08-11, 06:17 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

what he said depends on the condition of your ball joints. IF your ball joints are ok replace just the bushings if not the whole arms.
Old 09-08-11, 07:05 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Actually i think mine are just fine. I just read that the supra arms will be better for handling if you have modded your car performance wise. what do you think?
Old 09-08-11, 11:51 PM
czar07
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the arms are almost exactly the same..thats why they work.
Old 09-09-11, 06:02 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by czar07
almost correct, supra lca have a harder durameter rubber inner then lexus . it gives better deflection under load as opposed to softer rubber for luxury absorbtion
Old 09-09-11, 10:14 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by ScDoinIt
Actually i think mine are just fine. I just read that the supra arms will be better for handling if you have modded your car performance wise. what do you think?
If better performance is what you're looking for then polyurethane bushings in your stock arms would be your best bet.
Old 09-09-11, 10:23 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yes poly bushings in stock arm if balljoints are good (you have been warned its a pain to change the bushings, but will give stiffest ride)
or just plain supra LCA's (more expensive but no burning out old bushings and new ball joint, wont be as stiff as poly but more than stock)
Old 09-09-11, 11:50 AM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
almost correct, supra lca have a harder durameter rubber inner then lexus . it gives better deflection under load as opposed to softer rubber for luxury absorbtion
almost correct, supra lca have full rubber bushings. lexus bushings are drilled through like swiss cheese.
Old 09-09-11, 02:57 PM
soarer93
Pole Position

the Supra LCA bushings cannot be replaced. but the Lexus ones can.
For the cost that it CAN be to have someoen drill out the old bushings you may as well just get new supra LCA's and have peace of mind that you also have a new Balljoint.

but if your doing the work yourself... i gues you can do either way.
I decided for the supra LCA's as the price difference was a no brainer.
Old 09-09-11, 05:20 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

? silly answer.
Originally Posted by account2x
low mileage new bushings
high mileage new control arms
mine arent bad just looking for upgrade
Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
If better performance is what you're looking for then polyurethane bushings in your stock arms would be your best bet.
i think i heard someo negative things about polyurethane bushings that they squeak like crazy? are u running them?
Originally Posted by soarer93
the Supra LCA bushings cannot be replaced. but the Lexus ones can.
For the cost that it CAN be to have someoen drill out the old bushings you may as well just get new supra LCA's and have peace of mind that you also have a new Balljoint.

but if your doing the work yourself... i gues you can do either way.
I decided for the supra LCA's as the price difference was a no brainer.
with most things like this i have a shop do. i think supra lca is the route im taking. but wanted to see what all thought about the vlamos and the other options as far as bushings and staying with the original lexus arms. does anyone prefer the stock arms vs the supra arms?
Originally Posted by Ali SC3
yes poly bushings in stock arm if balljoints are good (you have been warned its a pain to change the bushings, but will give stiffest ride)
or just plain supra LCA's (more expensive but no burning out old bushings and new ball joint, wont be as stiff as poly but more than stock)
i do not want it to be so stiff where you lose driving comfort. i still want it to have luxury feel just sturdier where you need it. so would that be the supra lca?

Last edited by ScDoinIt; 09-10-11 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-09-11, 10:34 PM
czar07
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i meant was there wouldnt be any discernible performance gain from the supra lca, unless youre arms were completely fked.
Old 09-09-11, 10:50 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eff all that. Go with delrin bushings...if you want performance, I have em but I.am going to order and install new supra lca's when I swap in new steering rack.
Old 09-10-11, 12:52 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I've just replaced all my front bushings, upper and lower control arms with polyurethane on mine for a couple of weeks now, and they really are very stiff. Before I changed it my Tokico blue shocks in front would bottom out from a 5in tall speed bump, but after changing it to poly's it rides like an off-roader now, no joke, I can feel every slab of pavement on the road. So, if you're talking about performance wise, I'd highly recommend doing this. It's only an hour job depending how experienced are you removing and installing the lower control arms. Burning the rubber is really not a big deal, it's very easy with my handy dandy torch.

And oh yeah, I'm gonna be doing the rear also in a couple of weeks. My SC is my daily so I gotta find time.
Old 09-10-11, 04:15 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

what i meant was there wouldnt be any discernible performance gain from the supra lca, unless youre arms were completely fked.
Okay i understand what you mean now, thanks. so if mine are just fine then supra lca is a waste? because not that big of difference?
Originally Posted by kingphilip
I've just replaced all my front bushings, upper and lower control arms with polyurethane on mine for a couple of weeks now, and they really are very stiff. Before I changed it my Tokico blue shocks in front would bottom out from a 5in tall speed bump, but after changing it to poly's it rides like an off-roader now, no joke, I can feel every slab of pavement on the road. So, if you're talking about performance wise, I'd highly recommend doing this. It's only an hour job depending how experienced are you removing and installing the lower control arms. Burning the rubber is really not a big deal, it's very easy with my handy dandy torch.

And oh yeah, I'm gonna be doing the rear also in a couple of weeks. My SC is my daily so I gotta find time.
Damn thats crazy. If i was looking for pure performance then i would for sure be running those.

Quick Reply: supra lca or vlamos and ?