SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

No Dis Intended - Mods, Are You Serious?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-11, 09:05 PM
boosting
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we doing it wrong, haha
Old 09-10-11, 09:08 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by suislide
Umm, yeah nice try, but that car pictured there is built drift specific and was not meant to please anyone in its appearance except its owner...so before pointing the finger at what you dont like, atleast try and be a human-being and understand the purpose..or atleast try and read his build thread and you will see that a majority of CL supported the build and mods done to it.

Half of you are taking the OP's original post and shooting it to hell..and those of you pointing fingers at specific members, like noted above, should be ashamed..not as SC owners, not as car enthusiast or whatever you want to call it, but as a person in general. Bluntly stating someones idea is dumb/ugly/useless/etc. is not how this community/forum is supposed to function. The OP is being opened minded, just stating that some of these mods that have been popping up are a bit rash and simply useless...fine by me, its your car, your choice...but simply putting it, especially those of us on a budget, there are better things your money could be going to that would help possibly raise the value of the SC.

I see this thread getting locked very soon, but I can say I have lost a bit of respect for some of you acting like closed minded democrats and completely missing the purpose of the OP's statement and purposely pointing out what you dont like about specific members. Keep that to yourself, or be a bit more tactful about it. The OP didnt point any fingers at specific members and say "I think your decision sucks..", he simply ask that those choosing "rice-like" F&F based mods, to try something a bit more "up to date" and keep it clean.

Im done in this thread, cause its getting out of hand, and a bunch of you are either completely missing the point, or twisting it around to something other than what it was meant to be...and I cant stand that kind of ignorance or arrogance.
Old 09-10-11, 09:11 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

You have a valid point, it's best to keep the class of the SC by avoiding those cheaper mods. Honestly I don't really wanna go a really cheap route, I plan on saving up for the quality mods (I still intend on modding, I just wanted to state that I won't go ricer).
Old 09-10-11, 09:14 PM
7akata
Driver

This thread needs to go away and never return.
Old 09-10-11, 09:14 PM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Umm, yeah nice try, but that car pictured there is built drift specific and was not meant to please anyone in its appearance except its owner...so before pointing the finger at what you dont like, atleast try and be a human-being and understand the purpose..or atleast try and read his build thread and you will see that a majority of CL supported the build and mods done to it.

i honestly looked up these keywords on google : sc300, sc400, soarer, rice and thats how i found the car
Old 09-10-11, 09:22 PM
vangb2
Pole Position

In the end, a Lexus still a Toyota. In the end, an Acrua is still a Honda. This thread is sad, we think that our cars are comparable to Aston Martin, Maserati, Bentley, etc... At least that's where this thread is heading.

And, your car is still a ricer even if it looks clean. I don't care what anyone says so get real.
Old 09-10-11, 09:54 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

the body is beautiful. the rims are nice too BUT they look too small and look awkward with the car that low. it makes the car look like it should be sitting on bricks instead

edit: reminds me of this
Uhm, hold on now, that is a lowrider, like what turbodremz said, understand it's purpose.

I love lowriders, VIP, drift, dubs and also high riders/donkers, but alot of y'all is missing what the OP is trying to say, you have to pick the right car for what set up/mod/purpose you want it to do/serve. All he's saying is be TASTEFUL to whatever mod you wanna do to your ride. If you're gonna do something, do it perfect, don't do it sloppy.

Originally Posted by vangb2
In the end, a Lexus still a Toyota. In the end, an Acrua is still a Honda. This thread is sad, we think that our cars are comparable to Aston Martin, Maserati, Bentley, etc... At least that's where this thread is heading.

And, your car is still a ricer even if it looks clean. I don't care what anyone says so get real.
And please, get real with yourself as well, a Lexus is not a Toyota, and an Acura is not a Honda. Why do you think there's no SC, GS, LS or Prelude made in USA? These cars under Lexus' or Acura's lineup are the best Toyota or Acura engineered that's why. Just because the SC is worth a little less to a Honda Civic does it mean its cheap? Try restoring one, and compare it to restoring a Civic or a Corolla. C'mon, alot of you guys just don't know anything at all...

PS; Lexus' is really not comparable to Aston Martin, Maserati or Bentley. Lexus was created by Toyota to go against Mercedes Benz and BMW. But the LFA, is getting to that level you mentioned.

Sometimes, it's really hard to argue with people who know less to nothing.
(I'm not talking about you vangb2, but do a little research on SC's and you'll see what I'm talking about, it being engineered.)

Last edited by OG Dada; 09-10-11 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-10-11, 10:12 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to bother reading the worthless other five pages of this thread cause its all been said before. You act like any of the things you mentioned don't happen to any other cars.. Just accept it and stop complaining about other peoples cars.
Old 09-10-11, 10:25 PM
IanWatson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZachTriggs
I'm not going to bother reading the worthless other five pages of this thread cause its all been said before. You act like any of the things you mentioned don't happen to any other cars.. Just accept it and stop complaining about other peoples cars.
Damn man i seen your car before i think my buddy knows you , your SC is sick ,This thread has been high jacked
Old 09-10-11, 10:27 PM
V8drummer
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the body is beautiful. the rims are nice too BUT they look too small and look awkward with the car that low. it makes the car look like it should be sitting on bricks instead

edit: reminds me of this
haha that's random, looks about the same year as my dad's f100.

Old 09-10-11, 10:35 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I see this thread getting locked very soon, but I can say I have lost a bit of respect for some of you acting like closed minded republicans and completely missing the purpose of the OP's statement and purposely pointing out what you dont like about specific members. .
Fixed!
Old 09-10-11, 10:50 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Fixed!
Oh jebus, heads down. Incoming fire.
Old 09-10-11, 10:56 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Stop getting your panties in a bunch. ****
Old 09-10-11, 11:50 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

For those of you running home depot lips,Intrepid foglights on your SC,Imitation Auto Couture body kits,ebay headlights and tail lights,Fake wannabe jdm visors,knockoff wheels with outrageous colors...I believe the OP might be calling you guys out LOL!
Old 09-11-11, 12:30 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, I fall asleep, I awake, and I find all of this on this thread...I guess I should have known better than to even start what I had hoped would remain an adult conversation...Now, I see several members just slinging the mud and being down right rude at times...This was "NEVER" my intent.

I gotta tell you all that have decided to lower this thread by your comments...I am disappointed.

I expect this thread will indeed have to be locked, but it is unfortunate that we cannot agree to disagree about these things without becoming so childish at times.

I want to sum up my point this way:

I think there are many, many reasons why one "Mods" his or her car...But if you think about it, it is to really individualize their car to their taste, and to hopefully make it something more, or something different than where the manufacturer stopped at...For me, that is especially the case...I set out to take a car that I have always loved, and to make it more than it was when I started. Since I do not own a car company, and it is totally impractical for me to build a car from scratch, I took my own SC400 that I had owned for years, and decided it was the platform that I wanted to explore my talents on and to showcase what I thought the car should have been after owning it and driving it for many years...That is what I have attempted to do, and what I will reveal in a "Reveal" thread real soon, as my project is coming to completion soon.

I know what this car and the Lexus brand is, and what it is not...And I think most of the sensible people who post up on this forum also know the same...The SC300/SC400 was a well designed car, and even though it is dis-continued, it is still a damned wonderful ride. Enjoy your rides folks...And be passionate about them...Be peaceful about them too...

One last and final thought on this subject..."The car Never makes the person, Rather, the Person makes the car." Enough Said!

SC400TT

Last edited by SC400TT; 09-11-11 at 01:01 AM.