SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

HID Plug and Play WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-11, 06:54 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It's the CCFL. I used to play with CCFL (I was 16 and I thought it was cool to put computer lights in my car), the inverter caught on fire. Also burnt many others when I was using them properly, had to RMA quite a few of them.

Old 09-13-11, 07:32 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

LOL! That guy probably haven't been to China! Must've only watched movie clips about China and think they're all real! Bro, I've been to China, as I've said in another thread, I used to sell HID's and Pioneer HU before back in Philippines and I get my stock from China! China have a very strict justice system, it's a communist country for crying out loud! What made you think they make their children work in factories? There's not enough manpower going around? China have a one child policy. Would you let your single child work hard labor for you? Some people are just plain ignorant and naive...
Old 09-13-11, 07:43 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if people realizer that 90% of the products they use everyday are made in China, and 98% of them of foreign nature. There's nothing wrong quality wise with them, China makes Lenovo now (IBM) and they have some of the best computers out there.

I laughed when I had a friend tell me how he bought a Dodge Ram because it was built in America - I said no sir, the truck was assembled in Mexico with parts from all around the world, but it was a nice shot.

Greed is a *****, and America is going to be at the mercy of others once "we" figure that out but it will be too late.
Old 09-13-11, 07:59 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Ride on. Back in PI, there was even a joke that goes, "babies are now the only thing not made in China".

It's actually like this, from what them Chinese people over there explained to us back then, China only builds factories as an investment, and it varies whatever kind of factory the owner wants to build. Now, the companies from other countries just go there and look for the cheapest bidder for what they want them factories over there to do. But like any kind of contract there's always a specified number of items that a certain factory can ship out to that certain country. For example, Nike wants a certain factory from China to manufacture 5000 pairs of, let's say Air Max's. Now, it would be a waste of knowledge and resources if after that 5000 pairs of shoes are built the factory would just stop there. So what they do is since they still have the knowledge and resources in how to manufacture this certain product, they just simply continue to manufacture them even up to 10 times as much as the original contract. Here is the tricky part, let's say that that contract is from Nike USA, what the factory does now is instead of putting "Made In China" on the tags of the shoes they get creative. They start putting "Made In Taiwan", "Made In Honduras" etc... I was laughing when I first noticed that, I mean, I'm in China, which is the biggest factory in the world and I see other products made from somewhere else being sold there, and I found out that that's actually the whole story behind it. So now, China can ship out more, instead of just the original 5000 pairs only that Nike ordered.

Last edited by OG Dada; 09-13-11 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-13-11, 08:52 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kingphilip
"...Here is the tricky part, let's say that that contract is from Nike USA, what the factory does now is instead of putting "Made In China" on the tags of the shoes they get creative. They start putting "Made In Taiwan", "Made In Honduras" etc... I was laughing when I first noticed that..."
Ugh! So that means that there's a good chance that my "Made in Japan" HID's may have actually been made in China?
Old 09-13-11, 09:25 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

From what I know, they don't mess with Japan or Europe. Mostly they use 3rd world countries names. But there is a big chance that parts came from China but the unit as a whole is assembled in Japan, therefore "Made In Japan".

Apple products are all made in China, but all parts are Samsung, which is made in Korea. Everybody knows everybody in this business, but alot of people don't know that this is how it goes. Ever talked to a 1-800 number lately? It's no different...
Old 09-13-11, 10:11 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to ask. Were you in an accident to the front passenger side of the car, right in the vicinity of the burn? That area is beat down.
Old 09-13-11, 10:18 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UMMM its been about 5 months and no hicups at all.. sorry for your lost by the way....
please check your pm
Old 09-14-11, 12:37 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

i like my stock lights