619Rider
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a cx racing one for 150 or less
Old 09-16-11, 10:54 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

all lexus/ toyota deserve the red, be sure to put in into your next rad, but let us know what you chose
Old 09-18-11, 07:24 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Honestly, I've never really checked the fluid before this issue. When the radiator cracked it was the first time that I saw the green crap. I went to Toyota and bought 2 gallons of the pink stuff and poured in a quart just to get home and haven't driven it since. I went to autozone today and they want $216 for a Koyo unit. I found the same Koyo unit on ebay for $130. I use it as a daily at this point and have no plans to mod the car in the future. In fact, I'm doing just the opposite. I'm going to bring the car back to stock over the winter and just use the SC as my beater.

BTW, thank you for the suggestions.
Old 09-18-11, 07:50 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by account2x
Someone doesn't love your Car. All Toyota and Lexus vehicles use Red or Pink coolant.
yeah i was gonna say.... my car only gets the red
Old 09-18-11, 08:11 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 400 radiator, but just saw you have a 300..
Old 09-19-11, 07:29 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Honestly, I've never really checked the fluid before this issue. When the radiator cracked it was the first time that I saw the green crap. I went to Toyota and bought 2 gallons of the pink stuff and poured in a quart just to get home and haven't driven it since. I went to autozone today and they want $216 for a Koyo unit. I found the same Koyo unit on ebay for $130. I use it as a daily at this point and have no plans to mod the car in the future. In fact, I'm doing just the opposite. I'm going to bring the car back to stock over the winter and just use the SC as my beater.

BTW, thank you for the suggestions.
damn good luck dude.. and make sure whichever one u get has the built in tranny cooler since u are automatic.

didnt even know autozone carried koyo... thats pretty cool
Old 09-19-11, 07:32 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cmh
damn good luck dude.. and make sure whichever one u get has the built in tranny cooler since u are automatic.

didnt even know autozone carried koyo... thats pretty cool
ended up buying one on ebay. Did I make a mistake? I just bought a koyo one from radiators for less. They didn't give me the option for a "tranny cooler". I'm not automatic though, mine is 5spd.

When I checked with autozone yesterday they didn't have an option for a "tranny cooler" MT/AT either. I specifically asked that question and they said the part number was the same. Oh snap, hope I didn't order the wrong one. That's why I made this thread for little things like this.
Old 09-19-11, 07:36 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Ended up sending a note to radiators for less. Hope they get my message and my order is placed correctly. Can anyone confirm if this unit will work correctly on my 95 5spd SC:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=360393466139

It says that it's for both manual and automatic transmissions.
Old 09-19-11, 07:48 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

+1 on the mishimoto, just dont use there caps, mine cracked shot coolant everywhere after I just polished up my engine bay >:l
Old 09-19-11, 07:49 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

no ur good... i thought u had an automatic, thts my fault. and btw they are super easy to install... just remember to bleed the air out after u install if not it can pop a hose or break a hole in the radiator.
Old 09-19-11, 07:50 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1J0Z SC
+1 on the mishimoto, just dont use there caps, mine cracked shot coolant everywhere after I just polished up my engine bay >:l
didu bleed the air out like i just mentioned above?
Old 09-19-11, 08:30 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cmh
no ur good... i thought u had an automatic, thts my fault. and btw they are super easy to install... just remember to bleed the air out after u install if not it can pop a hose or break a hole in the radiator.
It hasn't arrived yet. I probably won't get it until Friday I bet. I checked on youtube for videos on how to correctly bleed the system. Unfortunately they don't have anything showing for a 2JZ motor, just some piece of crap Sentra. Does anyone have any tips/pics they can share? I'm definitely a more visual person.
Old 09-19-11, 09:39 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tabaka
It hasn't arrived yet. I probably won't get it until Friday I bet. I checked on youtube for videos on how to correctly bleed the system. Unfortunately they don't have anything showing for a 2JZ motor, just some piece of crap Sentra. Does anyone have any tips/pics they can share? I'm definitely a more visual person.
i dont have a 2jz motor but with most cars there is usually a bolt/screw on the top radiator hose closest to the engine after the clamp. i can show u a pic of mine and u can look for urs ORRRRR....

the way i bleed my system, seeing as this bolt is usually so tigt i dont want to break it is... put coolant mix into ur resivoir till max line and radiator untill no more fits. with ur engine COLD, start the car with the radiator cap OFF. turn ur ac to hottest setting and full blast. ur gunna see a lot of bubbles of air comming out of the cap. no liquid comes out. u will just see air bubbles. turn off the car when it gets warmer. wait till the car cools down and repeat till u dont see anymore bubbles of air. trust me this is safe unless u forget to keep an eye on the needle inside the car. make sure it doesnt get too warm. i turn it off when it gets a quarter of the way. put ur cap back on and drive off ur system is now bled.

i have done this for years to all my cars...expensive and cheap and it always works fine.
Old 09-19-11, 10:10 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cmh
didu bleed the air out like i just mentioned above?

Yeah, the Mishimoto caps are made of plastic, it literally had a small crack in it that I didn't see, so i guess it leaked from there. I bought a really nice Greddy cap so im happy
Old 09-19-11, 11:59 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Aftermarket Aluminum Koyo for supra. I had to get a transmission cooler (i'm autotragic), no big deal though.

You're fine without the cooler, it's only for auto's

Quick Reply: Alien blood under the hood