SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Alien blood under the hood

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-11, 02:06 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cmh
i dont have a 2jz motor but with most cars there is usually a bolt/screw on the top radiator hose closest to the engine after the clamp. i can show u a pic of mine and u can look for urs ORRRRR....

the way i bleed my system, seeing as this bolt is usually so tigt i dont want to break it is... put coolant mix into ur resivoir till max line and radiator untill no more fits. with ur engine COLD, start the car with the radiator cap OFF. turn ur ac to hottest setting and full blast. ur gunna see a lot of bubbles of air comming out of the cap. no liquid comes out. u will just see air bubbles. turn off the car when it gets warmer. wait till the car cools down and repeat till u dont see anymore bubbles of air. trust me this is safe unless u forget to keep an eye on the needle inside the car. make sure it doesnt get too warm. i turn it off when it gets a quarter of the way. put ur cap back on and drive off ur system is now bled.

i have done this for years to all my cars...expensive and cheap and it always works fine.
Thanks for the tip. It's funny reading different approaches to correctly bleeding the system. Mostly they are about the same, but a few people do things a bit different.
Old 09-19-11, 02:12 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Thanks for the tip. It's funny reading different approaches to correctly bleeding the system. Mostly they are about the same, but a few people do things a bit different.
yea most ppl think there is only one way to do things... my way is to get it done! i dont believe in right or wrong most of the time.