SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

92 SC4 Ignition wire order

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-11, 07:29 PM
Gate
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 SC4 Ignition wire order

Brand new wire set. Really improved performance. Had to take them out for some additional work. I put everything back together, but soon there were problems. I suspected the wires, and sure enough I forgot to secure one of them in its clip. When I tightened the cover, it pinched that one wire, so she didn't idle so well. I called Autozone about my warranty and only wanted the one damaged one replaced (I had to lie about what happened because it was obviously my own fault that the wire was damaged). Unfortunately, they said they couldn't replace just the one. I had to bring in the whole set. They kindly replaced it with an identical brand new boxed set. So now I have the wire set I need but no diagram to refer to. I know, I should have used masking tape or something to copy the assembly pattern of the ignition wires, but I was foolish. I searched for this information diligently, but couldn't find it.

Will someone please provide me with a diagram of the positions of the ignition wires for my 1992 SC400, a photograph of the properly installed wires, a drawing, or written instructions. I could follow written instructions quite well if they're detailed enough.

Old 09-17-11, 08:50 PM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Linked from FourWheelPerformance.com:

You should be ashamed of yourself. If you broke it, you should pay for a new set. I know -- they're a big company, it won't make a difference, etc, etc. We all pay for it in the end because they have to price things just for occasions like this.
Old 09-17-11, 08:58 PM
Gate
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooJohn
Linked from FourWheelPerformance.com:

You should be ashamed of yourself. If you broke it, you should pay for a new set. I know -- they're a big company, it won't make a difference, etc, etc. We all pay for it in the end because they have to price things just for occasions like this.
Sorry, I should really actually be more careful. They were the cheapest wires I could find and were each a half inch longer than the old ones so they were a little harder to keep in place, but it wouldn't have been a problem if I took my time. It was an easily avoidable mistake . So, I thank you for your prompt help. I hear every word you say loud and clear and don't dispute any of it.

Last edited by Gate; 09-17-11 at 09:29 PM.