SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

lowered my car or whatever

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-11 | 12:33 AM
VINCE9164
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kira X
That looks great man! Do you have coilovers?

What did you use to black out the window trim?
+1 on that
Old 09-18-11 | 12:35 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

My guess is vinyl wrap or electrical tape LOL!
Old 09-18-11 | 12:44 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

love those wheels!!!
Old 09-18-11 | 12:48 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

I want to say plastic dip.
Old 09-18-11 | 12:50 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Looks good, but has to be rubbing bad on the front tires.
Old 09-18-11 | 02:11 AM
Gate
Pole Position

I like to think it might take some considerable skill or at least extreme caution to drive a car like that. I'm sure there are several performance as well as aesthetic factors and I admire the overall effect, but I wouldn't trust myself driving one like that. Too paranoid about my own driving habits, I might misjudge some terrain and f*** s*** up under there. Love the aqua wheels more than anything about that hot mama.
Old 09-18-11 | 02:46 AM
Copilot
Driver

Originally Posted by Gate
I like to think it might take some considerable skill or at least extreme caution to drive a car like that. I'm sure there are several performance as well as aesthetic factors and I admire the overall effect, but I wouldn't trust myself driving one like that. Too paranoid about my own driving habits, I might misjudge some terrain and f*** s*** up under there. Love the aqua wheels more than anything about that hot mama.
It takes a bit of getting use to to drive a car that low, only took me a few days when I dropped mine that low. Just gotta make sure you don't get high centered going into parking lots and you should be fine. Exhaust might scrape if the road is a bit bumpy but that doesn't really matter, its easy to weld a piece of steel where it hits.

Oilpan is possible to damage but since the front crossmember sits lower than the oilpan it hits first.
Old 09-18-11 | 11:38 AM
Gate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Copilot
It takes a bit of getting use to to drive a car that low, only took me a few days when I dropped mine that low. Just gotta make sure you don't get high centered going into parking lots and you should be fine. Exhaust might scrape if the road is a bit bumpy but that doesn't really matter, its easy to weld a piece of steel where it hits.

Oilpan is possible to damage but since the front crossmember sits lower than the oilpan it hits first.
Nice to know! Actually makes me consider it. LOL my girlfriend's brother is in the front yard with his drinkin buddy, leaning up my my SC4 and settin their bers on it. Not a whole lot I can F***ing do, already tried polite reasoning, he just does whetever he wants. I'll just sit here on the comp and be pissed
Old 09-18-11 | 01:10 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

thanks everyone for the positive comments

I'm running powered by max coilovers, maxed in the rear with all collars (soon to be removed so I can tuck rim) and the fronts still have a ton of room to go lower.

When I first lowered it this much the tire was sitting on the fender well and pretty much ruined the tire but I've taken an angle grinder to it since and I'm hoping this will fix my problem!

In these pictures I'm running 17x9.5 +15 (25mm spacer) & a 215/45 which are the wheels off my ruckus trailer cause I blew up my old rear tires on the 18s. Just ordered a set of 215/35s so I'm hoping this will also help the fender well rubbing.
Old 09-18-11 | 01:14 PM
Alex2JZSex
Driver

+1 on the PBM's I love mine
Old 09-18-11 | 01:30 PM
JPKeiichi
Driver

cool, something different!
Old 09-18-11 | 01:33 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

I can't imagine a car that low being fun to drive... on the street. Looks good though.
Old 09-18-11 | 06:18 PM
Copilot
Driver

Originally Posted by ZachTriggs
thanks everyone for the positive comments

I'm running powered by max coilovers, maxed in the rear with all collars (soon to be removed so I can tuck rim) and the fronts still have a ton of room to go lower.

When I first lowered it this much the tire was sitting on the fender well and pretty much ruined the tire but I've taken an angle grinder to it since and I'm hoping this will fix my problem!

In these pictures I'm running 17x9.5 +15 (25mm spacer) & a 215/45 which are the wheels off my ruckus trailer cause I blew up my old rear tires on the 18s. Just ordered a set of 215/35s so I'm hoping this will also help the fender well rubbing.
Cool thanks, Im also running powered by max coils and Im fully tucking tire on an 18 in back and just about tucking rim and I still have like 2" of threads left before its maxed.

Do you have any pics of the front wheel well with the wheel off so I can see whats going on up there?
Old 09-18-11 | 09:53 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Copilot
Do you have any pics of the front wheel well with the wheel off so I can see whats going on up there?
If i would have saw this like two hours ago i would have taken a picture haha oh well its really ugly right now.

Sad news at this height its really not drivalbe, atleast on the 17s it isn't. Once my new tires get here I'm going to figure out my final height
Old 09-19-11 | 11:39 AM
koolcat
Pole Position

Do you have any camber kit for front and rear? Also I ask this already but how you manage to drive around that low without it hitting the top of the wheel well?

Quick Reply: lowered my car or whatever