SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

sc300 car crash

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-11, 06:41 PM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

It is completely fixable from your photo. So what if the car gets a salvage title? A car is worth only how much you like it and want to own it.

Let them total it if they fight you and do not want to send it for repairs. Then just buy it back as the other guys said.
Old 09-25-11, 06:52 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by texan_176
It is completely fixable from your photo. So what if the car gets a salvage title? A car is worth only how much you like it and want to own it.

Let them total it if they fight you and do not want to send it for repairs. Then just buy it back as the other guys said.
x2 if u plan on keeping this car till it dies then slavage title wont be an issue

but you're value will decrease and the time to sell it wont be easy.
Old 09-27-11, 03:29 PM
thetrevste
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so all state is the dumbest insurance that I have dealt with so far no offence to anyone with them but you are not in good hands. No if I let them total it in the long run would not be smart if another accident happens with just the bumper is around a grand to replace and repaint with most shops not all or if you do it yourself and go used. I don’t want that issue with the salvaged title via insurance.

My car is worth 8k at witch if I took that rout pay 2k for it back so all state would only be handing out 6k, I want you to remember that…6k. Like I said before I don’t want to get screwed in the long run if something like this happens again, that means “no salvaged title “. The snake that went to go access the damage did not talk with the body shop I wanted just made his own assessment at which he calls and tells me your car is totaled. Doesn’t tell me a price that he came up with for the damage just that he is going to put the paperwork through to count it a loss and give me a salvaged title. I said no he said he will do it anyway while I think about it, **** move on his behalf. Another agent calls me saying she is putting through the papers to finalize it, I tell her that no options were given to me along with no price on there estimate at which I want a copy of for my records. So she ended up faxing me the paper work that the guy who looked at my car made. Now for some reason this idiot marks the passenger door as damaged and it’s not, the body shop told me everything that was damaged and the body shop was in the process of making me there quote and estimate for the damage. First indication that I’m dealing with a thieving douche. Second is it was calculated out without that door damage to be around 6,400 with used parts. Did these idiots really think I would have said o ok and just leave it alone and to not look into it. To sum this up they would have made money because they knew I wanted to keep my car. They would spend to fix the car and lose in comparison to counting it as a loss at which they would have ended up only spending about 6k…..Bull****!! If I made no since in my explanation of that issue my apologies. But with any insurance issues double check and triple check and have hard copies of anything they try to do.

Now I start to work with my insurance since these all state bastards are being well bastards. At which my insurance guy goes out there and says this is a easy fix, I don’t need it salvaged and I can get it done under 8k, on top of that he works with the body shop to reinsure his thoughts on the damages are right. So I will end up working with my insurance to get this fixed and have my insurance to go after all state and now because of this go for some lager compensation than what they offered at first because of this inconvenience.

The car in the very back was a Mercedes, what makes situations worse is that wasn’t his car, it was his wife’s and she didn’t know he took it! It got jacked up! He was the cause of the wreck so I have to work with his insurance.
Old 09-27-11, 03:45 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing to understand about insurance companies is that they're obviously only looking out for their best interest and no one elses'.
Old 09-27-11, 03:52 PM
SBSLexxxy
Driver School Candidate

Doesnt Look That Bad... But Then Again Quater panels are not cheap to fix!!
Old 09-27-11, 09:45 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

All right, trevste, here's where things get sticky.

You can go toe to toe with AllState, but since they have deep pockets and time they're just going to wait it out. I don't know what the statute of limitations in AZ is, but this could go to court if you really want it to. AllState would probably end up eating all the costs in the end, but you'd be without a fixed car for ages if you didn't have the cash to fix it. If you did, you'd be out the cash you paid to fix it until the case was settled.

Check with your insurance company; here in GA, the other company can't close the claim until you sign the papers. I had a similar issue with a Trans Am ten years ago, and because it was too old AllState (anyone notice a trend here?) just gave me $2000 and told me tough noogies. I was a dumb 21 year-old and took the money and ran; should have told them to go spit. Anyway, the other possibility is called subrogation- that's where your insurance company pays the repair bill and then they go after AllState. Either way could be expensive, time consuming or worse- both.

Good luck, don't sign anything until you're 1000% sure- realize that you may have to thumb rides or rock a rental car for a while. BTW, make sure they give you a rental or reimburse you if someone else lets you use their car in the meantime. Regardless of your age, if you're not at fault they have to get you transportation or give you "reasonable" compensation for using another car. Don't forget that, and don't let them intimidate you (I guessed at the age and the fact that you have a sour look on your face while on the phone). If all else fails, call your insurance company and ask to speak to their legal department- it's part of what you pay premiums for. They should be able to clue you in on the exact AZ code.

PM me if you have any further questions- I've wrecked a few cars and been involved in more accidents that weren't my fault than I care to remember.

P.S. Also, if you can put the SC up for a while, you might be able to source the parts one by one and then find someone who can fix it for you. The miracle of Ebay and Craigslist.

Hope you can save her.

Last edited by brerrabbit; 09-27-11 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Just remembered something...
Old 09-27-11, 10:23 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be pretty devastated if I were you, I can see why you want to hang on to this car. It doesn't seem too bad either, I would fix it if I were you.
Old 09-27-11, 10:41 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

Take down to tijuana MExico... jeje it will cost you between 500 to 1k or less to fix it
Old 09-28-11, 07:17 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

you got rear ended by Shia Lebouf? lol
Old 09-29-11, 08:17 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Hey trevste, you might want to check out what's going on with AllState right now. They're changing the compensation structure for their agents as cost restructuring, and that's going to have some sort of trickle down effect.

Just google Wall Street Journal and AllState. The article was in yesterdays' edition and I immediately thought of you when I read it.