SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New member - 2J sc300

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 12:09 PM
JJ823
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! Really clean sc and I like the jdm conversion on the integra, plus a jdm h22 in it saaweet. I used to have a 5th gen prelude with jdm h22.

Last edited by JJ823; 09-29-11 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-06-11, 12:26 AM
lust
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Welcome! So you're from B.C? Are you a fan of the Canucks by any chance? LOL!

But yeah, I suppose your car is definitely a North American model Lexus SC...Looks like whoever it was that had the car before you decided to retrofit '95-'96 tail lights (They're same whether the car is a Soarer or SC).
Haha i am a fan of the canucks & mariners by default seeing how they are the closest teams to me. I have the tailights changed now.

Originally Posted by nlc
So you have both tails installed in the second pic?
That was the pictures the guy used for his FS ad. He had 2 different lights and then decided to paint them black and turned so i had to change them asap.

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Brandon, first off...welcome! You sir, have a GEM on your hands. Already off to a good start with the swap...there's a lot of information available here on the forums. You'll be able to find so much for our cars, good luck in your venture-very nice SC, and lastly...we appreciate your service!
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been doing alot of browsing on this forum and i am getting alot of information and inspiration from you guys! I used to own a soarer but it wasnt in good shape so i didnt really care about it..But now that i have something that is in good shape, i am more interested in modifying it and making it stand out.

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
Welcome to cl and a very clean swapped Sc u have
Thank you sir =)

Originally Posted by cmh
very nice sc... clean outside, clean swap = perfect combo. i love that integra also. u have good taste friend. gl on all future mods but it looks like u wont need luck.

military, u got my respect... thanks for ur service.
Thanks for the comments! I am glad that i was able to work with the Americans in afghanistan and try and fix that godforsaken hole. =p

Originally Posted by SoarDaSC
welcome! yea very clean and simple, i like. hope to see more mods in the future. keep posting!
I habe been doing some online browsing for parts to get ideas for prices. I am used to buying honda parts so i am not used to the prices for the sc300 haha, i will continue to update as i go.

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Welcome! Very cool SC.
Gracias!

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Welcome man, love your clean SC. The 95 tails look great with the 97+ body!
Thanks for the welcoming!

Originally Posted by brerrabbit
Welcome, welcome to.. le dungeon. (Props to anyone who recognizes this line)

I think I like the last pic the best, with the rocket launcher. That's definitely a non-JDM part that few on this board are bound to have- and I'll bet in increases performance (or at least cooperation).

The car looks awesome, and I look forward to following it's progress. I think you'll find that most of us are an incurable bunch of gearheads (nee petrolheads) who spend a lot of time on their cars and even more time surfing the CL forums.

I raise my antenna in salute of you, sir. (My car's antenna, that is- it still works)
Thanks! I am glad that i was able to be a part of history but i prefer not getting shot at and just living a normal life again. Modding cars/hanging out with friends/ Wangan +300kph club =p I had car mags sent out to me in the 'Ghan and i was so envious looking at peoples cars. My s2k was parked for 7 months while i was gone. I must have put around 600km's in just 1 day of driving when i got my car back

Originally Posted by spurge
welcome!,the lexus is clean, i would not put a body kit on it unless you go with an auto couture front bumper thats it. take off the rear wing, drop it on some clean wheels and leave it alone. i see alot of guys with ugly body kits outside of the auto couture and it makes the sc look ricey.. btw the swap looks clean.
Ya i hear you on the rice aspect. I am still just browsing and getting ideas from everyone that posts on here. I am still undecided on where i see this car going.

Originally Posted by Boboridesb
clean *** sc man! im a sucker for miatas...so tht caught my eye. i like it ALOT ha
Haha ya im not a big miata fan in general but i think this one has some character and the hard top takes away a bit of the estrogen.

Originally Posted by SC_coupe
Welcome!

Looks like you picked up a nice example -- I was checking out that car on craigslist and it seemed like a good deal. I actually really like the understated look of the wheels it came with
Ya i think im going to paint these ones bronze and keep them as winters. Not looking forward to shelling out for 18" winter tires though!

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Welcome sir, those are some clean *** cars you got there. Keep us updated w/ the build.
Thanks! And i will be sure to keep posting my progress =)

Originally Posted by JJ823
Welcome! Really clean sc and I like the jdm conversion on the integra, plus a jdm h22 in it saaweet. I used to have a 5th gen prelude with jdm h22.
Ya the h22 is kinda love/hate. I just felt like every integra was either a b18c turbo or b20vtec or k20 swap. I feel the h22 is overlooked, unique, and much cheaper if you take your time to source out swap parts.

Last edited by lust; 11-29-11 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-06-11, 12:29 AM
lust
Driver School Candidate

I added some better pics to the 1st page and replied to all comments. I am really tired right now so i appologize if my english sounds like poop. Tailights are swapped over now in the pics, nothing exciting as of yet.

Heres my old soarer on the dyno I got it from an army friend that i had traded my car for. Greddy T78 turbo kit. 432whp, he just had it dynoed. My ex gf destroyed the engine 2 weeks later while trying to change the song on my cd player and was changing my fuel maps...

Last edited by lust; 10-06-11 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-06-11, 12:36 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

welcome tot the Club! love your black man. and not to mention a super clean swap! beautiful!
Old 10-06-11, 01:21 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Oooooh! How I'd love to detail your SC! The top coat on that thing is fully intact and the transformation of it from removing all those swirl marks would really look amazing!
Old 10-06-11, 01:23 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome aboard!! Good looking group of cars, and a very clean SC...

But I have to ask...hows the climate shift from Afgan to Canada? After being deployed, then coming back to south Texas in the middle of summer, I felt like I was freezing...glad your back safe.
Old 10-06-11, 10:18 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

what a clean blk on blk GTE... nicely done
Old 10-07-11, 09:19 AM
SOLEdier
Driver

wow man that swap is one of the cleanest ive seen

welcome
Old 10-07-11, 09:49 AM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, awesome job, the swap looks totally OEM. How's the awesome sauce air freshener? lol
Old 10-16-11, 12:01 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CL...very nice
Old 10-16-11, 12:30 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Your swap is so clean!! But please get a battery tie down for that battery
Old 10-16-11, 07:18 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you in the mainland or on the island?

really clean swap and impressive color...oh and since you have a 7D, go see the photo forum
Old 10-16-11, 06:46 PM
lust
Driver School Candidate

thanks for all the comments guys =) unfortuneately i cant take credit for the swap. it was done in texas years ago at a shop called Snap Performance.

Originally Posted by kingphilip
Oooooh! How I'd love to detail your SC! The top coat on that thing is fully intact and the transformation of it from removing all those swirl marks would really look amazing!
I would love to have it detailed but i think its too late in the season to do it. My other car is in the shop so i might be driving this through winter

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Welcome aboard!! Good looking group of cars, and a very clean SC...

But I have to ask...hows the climate shift from Afgan to Canada? After being deployed, then coming back to south Texas in the middle of summer, I felt like I was freezing...glad your back safe.
Well i did a september-may tour so it was hot during the day and freeezing cold at night for the most part. I was able to get used to it after a while but it sucked ***. '

Originally Posted by BSanders22
Wow, awesome job, the swap looks totally OEM. How's the awesome sauce air freshener? lol
it smelled good for about 5 mins and now it smells like nothing.. having leather i find that air fresheners dont really work. i have 3 squash air fresheners, the awesome sauce one, a peach one and a panty hose filled with coffee beans for scents, its interesting for sure haha

Originally Posted by vinh
Your swap is so clean!! But please get a battery tie down for that battery
i have a story about battery tie downs. on my old integra, the battery died and wouldnt hold a charge so i took the battery out of my other car so that i could drive to vancouver. it was too large for the tie down so i just said what the hell, oh well. as i came into vancouver, there was a big pot hole that i hit and the battery grounded itself to the hood and the car shutoff and was smoking.. there was nowhere to pull off because it died in a construction area.. people were honking at me and swerving around me. i got out preying that i wasnt gonna get hit and all i had in the car were 2 spoon decals in the glove box so i wrapped over the terminal and placed one on the hood. the battery melted a hole into the hood bracing and i almost got hit by a large truck since i wasnt able to turn on my hazards and had no brake lights.... i learned my lesson on battery tie downs

Originally Posted by Kaydee
Are you in the mainland or on the island?

really clean swap and impressive color...oh and since you have a 7D, go see the photo forum
i live in kelowna but i come to van quite often, only about 3.5 hours away

I have a couple updates. I bought a freshly rebuilt Holset HX40 (0 kms on it), changed the wheels and lowered it. The front needs to come down more and i need to run some spacers and roll the fenders. Not the best wheels i know but i cant afford a nice set right now to be honest. Im ordering a manifold, wastegate in a couple days as well.. Heres a few photos

New snail

Comparisson to my integra turbo

Old 10-16-11, 07:08 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The SC is a win, win situation all the way around. Very clean and a nice swap. It makes me want to go finish my swap even more. Welcome to the SC community!
Old 10-16-11, 08:20 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What are you talking about, those rims look really good with the drop.

Quick Reply: New member - 2J sc300