SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

sc300 in the 13s

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-02, 12:54 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by boredguy77
maybe think about nitrous and an engine rebuild with forged internals?
internals on the GE and GTE are already forged

but yeah; thats what i was thinking...

tuned with a direct port 150 shot and required fuel and I think low 13s would definitely be possible (taking into account a strong clutch would be needed along with drag radials)

Last edited by Bean; 10-03-02 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-03-02, 01:00 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
Scott, EXACTLY my point, swap in a healthy GTE, the Getrag, TT LSD and axles, RPS clutch, a set of ET Streets and rims to mount them on, and remove 100+ lbs from the car, thennnn do the BPU mods for about $1500 depending on how much instrumentation you feel you need, and you could click a low 12 with decent temp and barometer, and a clean warm track surface (and no headwinds Scott ), but that's alot more than a grand over the cost of the motor Bean, I know you're all for doing it on a budget, I was a student once too , but it just ain't gonna happen brother. Budget several thousand for it, i've set a goal of having $30-35,000 set aside for purchase of an automatic SC3 plus Stage 2 w/ E6K plus all peripherals, meters, etc. (At this point it looks like i'll be shipping it to Lance, or i'll wire Jeff the money and have him find me an SC3 around Miami and drive it to Toyomoto). Doing it strictly on horsepower, the stock automatic with a valve body and the oe diff, it could then click off a low 12 or high 11 on a slick or DOT, and that's after about 17 grand in parts and labour on top of 16-17 thousand to purchase a nice SC3, and to go any faster than that, i'd need another six grand or so for an SP trans, converter, and LSD. Yeah, I know, it can be done for much less Bean, but just think about how much cashish Jeff spent to click off that 11.90 (and every penny well spent ), and how much he just spent to be able to dive well into the tens while watching a DVD.....

- Jon

awj, i've had a clutch explode and send large shrapnel into the floorpan and unibody members, the guy I sold my Formula to had the clutch incinerate on the 1-2 shift on 26x10 slicks on the street during a run against this guy's Mustang, and when we got it up on the lift it looked like WWIII under there, this little piggie went to market, this little piggie got sawed off by clutch fragments........
Glad someone understands me

I'll get a 2jzgte on my car; if the 5-speed explodes; i'll have a 6-speed budget set aside by then...
i still think its cheaper to get to 400rwhp by swapping in the 2jzgte yourself, BUT to get to 450-500rwhp its cheaper to use the Toyomoto kits (or SP or PHR, etc) because a single turbo upgrade on a 2jz-gte isn't very cheap either

i just like the idea because i'll be able to just call up Sound Performance one day and tell them I want their SP63 kit and then go order a bunch of stuff specially made for the GTE head, etc

Last edited by Bean; 10-03-02 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-03-02, 02:42 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bean

strong 440? sorry Scott, I respect you and all and think you're very intelligent; but there's no such thing as a strong or weak 440... you either make 440 or you don't; there's no strong about it... this is the kind of **** i see from clubsi and freshalloy.com
Hehe, Bean, let me nail you on this one before Scott does. Ever seen a dyno sheet where the motor makes garbage power until 5 grand and then peaks into the stratosphere? Look at Jeff's torque numbers in addition to his hp, and the fact that the Toyomoto log-style manifold produces a nice flat power curve. An engine that makes 440rwhp and almost the same figure in torque, and has the bulk of that available by 3000rpm or so, is going to WHOOP a motor that makes the same 440rwhp peak, but only has 200rwhp available all the way to 4000rpm. So yes, it's a strong 440rwhp. By the way, it's not as if it was so impossible to click off that 11.9 for Jeff, he hadn't even intended on running that day, he was at the track to watch a friend and he lent him his ET Streets, on pump gas, no juice. If I remember Jeff correctly his three passes that day were 12.2, 12.0, then the 11.9, and Scott has the mph to do it right now if he would stop tinkering with his head and throw in a Torsen with some slicks and a grippier clutch ....
- Jon

Oh, and a 150 shot on an SC3 won't get you low 13's, I think you'd need a bit more, but maybe if you got a great launch, you just need to be a little more realistic in your expectations, you know what they say - speed costs, how fast ya wanna go?