SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

someone backed into my left rear quarter panel at work. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 07:26 PM
SW2UZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as others have said she's liable for the damage, and has admitted fualt. since she is a partner at another facility I would talk to her first and see if she wants to pay out of pocket rather then going through insurance. This would help her keep her insurance down and you won't have to file an accident form with the DMV if the damage is more then $500 thus keeping the cars history clear of any accidents. just my .02
Old 10-07-11, 06:50 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Tabaka
tell her you in the trunk at the time of the accident and you have back and neck pain now

Seriously, it was her fault and her insurance company will fix it bro.
That's not a bad idea....
Old 10-07-11, 08:53 AM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

Definitely call your insurance company. Don't modify the dent in any way and get an estimate..get your check and decide what you wanna do from there. I got hit in the same place but no dent,just paint scuffs and a scratch on my rim. My car is being repainted soon so I didn't have it fixed..but if mine wasbover 1g yours definitely will be
Old 10-07-11, 09:16 PM
flsc300
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same thing happen to me, but no one left me any ins info or anything I stopped to put gas in my car and was like wtf!!!!!! Went to several body shops and they all quoted me in excess of 2 grand. I am still driving around with the damage, I am just saving for a ridge kit for a grand more and just cover my damage up. If anyone knows of a good and fairly priced body shop in cumming GA or surroundings please let me know it kills me to see my car like this.
Old 10-08-11, 12:24 AM
619Rider
Pole Position

In Tijuana Mexico .. you can get it fix by a reputable shop for 200 dlls with PPG paint.
Old 10-08-11, 12:37 AM
peter12c
Driver School Candidate

Yup, same thing happened to me recently, lady kinda t boned me and I called her insurance ran the story with them, after getting my car inspected, I won the claim, and fixed the damage with the insurance money. It was an interesting sum.
Old 10-08-11, 12:55 AM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

I got a quote today from a reputable shop here in town. its also a friend of a friend..the damage was quoted at $2400 this would be cutting the quarter panel off from another sc and welding it on bodywork plus paint. I wasnt shocked. I estimated at the time of the accident it would be around 2gs seeing how I got quoted by 3 shops for front bumper repair. Im going through insurance because I really dont think she has $2500 or wants to pay that much
Old 10-08-11, 06:01 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

619, going into Mexico right now might not be the best idea. Just saying, from reading the papers it's just a little too exciting down there for me- and I hablaba espanol.

VIP, is the rear quarter panel not salvageable and/or did it damage the subframe? I don't profess to know too much about bodywork, but welding a new quarterpanel seems excessive for the damage that picture shows. And you have to be careful, too- or you might end up in the same boat another SC owner in AZ is in right now. The insurance company wants to smother him with their hands and total his baby.

Grrr...
Old 10-08-11, 06:03 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

flsc300, I might have a possible one for you. They're not in Cumming but they are off 285, so a trip down 400 and then about 15 minutes west. PM me if you're interested, or find me at the Hennessey meet if you're going- I have a couple of dings in mine that I want them to resolve.
Old 10-09-11, 11:24 PM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brerrabbit
619, going into Mexico right now might not be the best idea. Just saying, from reading the papers it's just a little too exciting down there for me- and I hablaba espanol.

VIP, is the rear quarter panel not salvageable and/or did it damage the subframe? I don't profess to know too much about bodywork, but welding a new quarterpanel seems excessive for the damage that picture shows. And you have to be careful, too- or you might end up in the same boat another SC owner in AZ is in right now. The insurance company wants to smother him with their hands and total his baby.

Grrr...
Im pretty sure the subframe is fine. I guess the shop isnt a big fan of filler..I could say it can be popped out and can be filled in . I mean since its going through insurance I rather get estimated for the true value to repair it the right way. Me personally would take the money and do the body work myself and then have the whole car resprayed
Old 10-09-11, 11:33 PM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

Okay update. This accident is going through insurance. Claims are already filed. Im not really worried about the car being totaled since it already has a salvage title from the previous owner. So I never had a big accident that I've had to file through insurance. I believe my car will be seen by an adjuster? I would like the car to be sent to my friends shop which does really good work from what Ive seen. Any way to cash out the damage if the car doesn't get totaled? I have little spots that could use some paint touchups and would rather have the dent fixed and eventually have the car repainted all in the same process instead of fixing and painting the dent and having the car repainted again. Any tips on how to deal with the insurance? My friend once told me he said to the insurance I have my own shop and would like to get it repaired there. then the insurance paid him the amount of the damage. How would I do something similar to that? accidents suck!
Old 10-09-11, 11:39 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

Default mr brerrabbit

[QUOTE=brerrabbit;6737080]619, going into Mexico right now might not be the best idea. Just saying, from reading the papers it's just a little too exciting down there for me- and I hablaba espanol.

Grrr...[/QUOTE
It is not as bad as it seems like... Actually LA can be even more Dangerous. The press always overates nad bashes our city.

I really hope Mr VIP .. evrything turs out the was you expect it to be...
Old 10-10-11, 12:11 AM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

I really hope this gets fixed..its really an eyesore looking at my car. I was in the process of searching for some wheels. here is a pic of how my car feels right now. doesn't know if its going to go in drive or reverse. only time will tell http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...34244179_n.jpg
Old 10-10-11, 10:11 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

VIP, they cannot force you to use any given shop. The shops they "recommend" may do the work cheaper for them (not necessarily better or worse for you) and sometimes they guarantee it for the life of your car. I would tell you to go with whoever you feel comfortable with, and don't let some jacka** with too many claims on his hands influence you in any way.

I did something similar with my Honda Civic many years ago. I plowed into a guy who was making an illegal left turn across traffic and caused 5500 worth of damage. I went to a shop who specialized in tuning (nee ricing, unfortunately) and they installed a bodykit, carbon fiber hood and foglights. In retrospect, I should have paid down the car or banked the money (since the car was stolen about three months later), but hindsight being what it is.

We wish you the best of luck, and deeply sympathize with your predicament. It's somewhat similar to seeing a loved one in pain- you have to sit by, helpless.
Old 10-10-11, 09:22 PM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

yeah it does feel like a loved one in pain..u know we love our cars..well it will get fixed soon. I just trying to see if I could get something else out of it. going through all this just to bring your car doesn't compensate for all the stress I went through
Originally Posted by brerrabbit
VIP, they cannot force you to use any given shop. The shops they "recommend" may do the work cheaper for them (not necessarily better or worse for you) and sometimes they guarantee it for the life of your car. I would tell you to go with whoever you feel comfortable with, and don't let some jacka** with too many claims on his hands influence you in any way.

I did something similar with my Honda Civic many years ago. I plowed into a guy who was making an illegal left turn across traffic and caused 5500 worth of damage. I went to a shop who specialized in tuning (nee ricing, unfortunately) and they installed a bodykit, carbon fiber hood and foglights. In retrospect, I should have paid down the car or banked the money (since the car was stolen about three months later), but hindsight being what it is.

We wish you the best of luck, and deeply sympathize with your predicament. It's somewhat similar to seeing a loved one in pain- you have to sit by, helpless.

Quick Reply: someone backed into my left rear quarter panel at work. What to do?