SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

someone backed into my left rear quarter panel at work. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 01:51 AM
vipsc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone backed into my left rear quarter panel at work. What to do?

So I was at work. Car was parked in the front lot. It was rainy extremely hard. I get a page over the intercom to come to the front. I was told my car had been hit. The lady is an RN nurse from a partner facility. She left me with her number and insurance info. she backed into my car because she didn't see it. I only have liability coverage. What do I do?

Old 10-06-11, 10:10 AM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

She hit you so it doesn't matter what kind of insurance you have as long as she has some. That is not that bad at all, that dent should pull right out and need very little if any filler to clean up. If that's more than a thousand dollars to fix I would be seriously shocked.
Old 10-06-11, 10:17 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a dent in the same place on the passenger side. If she has insurance, make them pay for it...if not, take everything out of the trunk, get in it, and push/kick the dent out.

Call her insurance company and file the claim on her policy.
Old 10-06-11, 10:52 AM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

If it was me I would hit the dent as much as I can from the inside then file the claim. Doesn't look bad at all
Old 10-06-11, 11:11 AM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Make her insurance pay for it. Leave it exactly as it is until you have cash in hand and have gotten body shop estimates; then, and only then, should you see how much of it you can fix.
Old 10-06-11, 11:43 AM
VINCE9164
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FatBrian81
She hit you so it doesn't matter what kind of insurance you have as long as she has some. That is not that bad at all, that dent should pull right out and need very little if any filler to clean up. If that's more than a thousand dollars to fix I would be seriously shocked.

I had a minor fender bender a few months ago. Someone backed into my car, causing my front bumper to be lop sided and taking off a little paint. Filed a claim and a shopped had it fixed for a little over $900.

You can also have some sort of mutual agreement between the two groups at a disclosed price. I remember my insurance company told me, that the two parties can do that.
Old 10-06-11, 11:46 AM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

At least she left her name and number. Give her some credit for that.
Old 10-06-11, 12:03 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Body shops are notoriously high priced, youd be surprised what they would charge for that repair.

Most shops are borderline con and rip off artists.
Old 10-06-11, 12:40 PM
formosa927
Driver

I had similar situation. Another party already called her insurance and reported the incident before I call her insurance, so the claim process went very smooth and got the check quickly. I actually called the person and suggested not to go thru insurance because i wanted to help her prevent the increase of insurance premium because it just a small scratch on my bumper which i can have my body shop fix for $400. but she declined because she does not want to deal with that at all. Regardless, i feel lucky that she is so honest and admitted her fault instead just run away.
Old 10-06-11, 01:43 PM
gorilaFART
Pole Position

in your situation since it was the other party's fault, u should be able to milk her insurance to fix the whole thing at their expense.

and in my opinion, since it was her fault, just let your insurance company deal with her insurance company so you can stay headache free. dont worry about her situation (her premium or saving her money)
Old 10-06-11, 02:29 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Default It sucks, but...

At least she gave you the info, as stated before. I got hit a few years ago in my Audi, some jack*ss backed into my rear passenger's side in a Wal-Mart parking lot and had the gall to accuse me of causing it! He was ticked that I didn't see him, but as I told him and the cop agreed- you backed into me, and you had the last possible chance to stop.

As for the insurance, I would file a claim but keep her in the loop. Since she did you a solid by leaving her info (great karma from the car gods for that!), if it's not too much you can always let her know. I had something similar happen over ten years ago, and the lady was cool enough not to call the police on me as long as my insurance fixed her BMW. I called them that afternoon, she was all taken care of the next week (unfortunately I couldn't afford to pay for the damage myself).

Good luck.
Old 10-06-11, 02:30 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

tell her you in the trunk at the time of the accident and you have back and neck pain now

Seriously, it was her fault and her insurance company will fix it bro.
Old 10-06-11, 04:35 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tabaka
tell her you in the trunk at the time of the accident and you have back and neck pain now

Seriously, it was her fault and her insurance company will fix it bro.
hahahahaahah! but wow, someone has some good karma for them to confess to damaging your car, and imo, just save yourself the fuss and let her insurance deal with it. sorry about the damage though
Old 10-06-11, 04:45 PM
roc
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

fix it
Old 10-06-11, 04:47 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Tabaka, you're terrible. Hilarious, but terrible.

I'd just make sure the insurance is valid ASAP. I live in a place where unfortunately people buy insurance for a day, cancel it and then keep the card as "proof". That's why I have to keep the uninsured motorist, just in case.

Grrr...

Quick Reply: someone backed into my left rear quarter panel at work. What to do?