SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Some people have no knowledge of the SCx00/Soarers

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-11 | 12:58 AM
PhreshhWun
Driver School Candidate

Default Some people have no knowledge of the SCx00/Soarers

For the first week or so that I've owned my SC and brought it around the area, I have had numerous people come up to me and ask me what it was. I tell them it's an SC400 and they are just clueless. So many people have told me they have never heard/seen one of these before and it just leaves me baffled. Anyone else have someone come up to them and tell them they have never seen or heard of these cars before ?
Old 10-09-11 | 05:23 AM
LameSC300
Pole Position

I get this a lot where I live. It's also usually followed by is that fwd... And things like I didn't know those came in I6 or v8. But probably the best I've gotten is what emblems do you have on that 240...

/facepalm
Old 10-09-11 | 06:16 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

a whole thread, just for this, really.

see this is why a lot of guys, including myself, hardly post om CL anymore. pointless threads/clutter.
Old 10-09-11 | 06:32 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
CL Folding 10,000

I get this a lot too. Nobody except my grandpa knew what an SC was at the time.

To be honest though, I didn't know what an SC400/SC300 was until my friend bought one in 2006 for his first car. I never saw the first generation SC's in video games, on TV, or in magazines as a kid.

However, EVERYBODY knows the SC430.
Old 10-09-11 | 07:54 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MIGS

see this is why a lot of guys, including myself, hardly post om CL anymore. pointless threads/clutter.

Im with you MIGS. The repetitiveness of old topics, pointless posts, threads/questions that can easily be answered using the SEARCH bar above, noobish comments/posts that have nothing to do with the OP.

My daily/weekly post rate is slowing down drastically
Old 10-09-11 | 09:54 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by MIGS

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Im with you MIGS. The repetitiveness of old topics, pointless posts, threads/questions that can easily be answered using the SEARCH bar above, noobish comments/posts that have nothing to do with the OP.

My daily/weekly post rate is slowing down drastically
Fear not my good men... Something new is on the horizon for the SC forums. Something that will solve all of the noob posts, the non searchers, the trolls, and the "whats my car worth" posts. Something that I cant want to see installed.

Sooon.... coming sooon.

Last edited by neurocity; 10-09-11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-09-11 | 10:00 AM
endodonist
Driver

I hate those, "what's my car worth?" threads the most.

In for this new change!!!
Old 10-09-11 | 10:34 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by neurocity
Fear not my good men... Something new is on the horizon for the SC forums. Something that will solve all of the noob posts, the non searchers, the trolls, and the "whats my car worth" posts. Something that I cant want to see installed.

Sooon.... coming sooon.

I am looking forward to this
Old 10-09-11 | 05:03 PM
Kayasith95
Driver

first discovery: SC's Gone Wild
Old 10-09-11 | 07:30 PM
yOitzsean
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LameSC300
I get this a lot where I live. It's also usually followed by is that fwd... And things like I didn't know those came in I6 or v8. But probably the best I've gotten is what emblems do you have on that 240...

/facepalm
I get a lot of "is that FWD?" too LOL
Old 10-09-11 | 08:24 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
CL Folding 10,000

Smile

Sooon.... coming sooon.
I'm interested in seeing what's going to happen. I'm not too big of a fan of the "What's My Car Worth" threads either.
Old 10-09-11 | 08:35 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Sooon.... coming sooon.
got my attention
Old 10-09-11 | 08:44 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Sooon.... coming sooon.
Noob filters? Oh thank god!
Old 10-09-11 | 09:47 PM
JDMJoe239
Pole Position

i think the first time i noticed them was Sc's gone wild but i wasnt interested till i watched JDM insider 2 with takhiro ueno being the main focus of the video. seeing him drift the car so fluidly seriously peaked my interest in the car. but most people are blown away when they find out that it shares the chassis with the supra and it has a 2jz.
Old 10-09-11 | 10:03 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
CL Folding 10,000

Smile

Originally Posted by JDMJoe239
i think the first time i noticed them was Sc's gone wild but i wasnt interested till i watched JDM insider 2 with takhiro ueno being the main focus of the video. seeing him drift the car so fluidly seriously peaked my interest in the car. but most people are blown away when they find out that it shares the chassis with the supra and it has a 2jz.
I noticed that too. A lot of people are amazed by the fact that our cars come with the 2JZ just like a Supra does. They find it even weirder that the IS300 and GS300 have it as well.

Quick Reply: Some people have no knowledge of the SCx00/Soarers