SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Replaced climate control module still nothing

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11 | 03:56 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Look for power on these jumped wires. One is ground one is hot.

Climate power wires

Good Luck.
Old 10-20-11 | 12:33 AM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Look for power on these jumped wires. One is ground one is hot.

Climate power wires

Good Luck.
assuming green is the +, now are both wires running into the connector like the green is threw wire...or is it in that what looks like copper or some type of metal like the middle ones
Old 10-30-11 | 01:24 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

bump, its now freezing here in the mornings, cant melt the frost off to get to work since this is my only car, tried switching the modules and nothing, checked the fuses and they are good....need to get this figured out so i can get to work on time
Old 10-30-11 | 02:53 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Does your a/c work and not the heat...my climate display is nothing but bleeding ink, but can go between hot and cold.
Old 10-30-11 | 07:54 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
Does your a/c work and not the heat...my climate display is nothing but bleeding ink, but can go between hot and cold.
climate module doesnt even turn on, replaced it with a used OEM one from a buddy on here who sent me pics of it working and on and in mine it doesnt, dont know how to trace it to ebgin or how expensive it will be
Old 10-31-11 | 01:08 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

good luck...its hard to find good info about these cars electronics
Old 11-01-11 | 06:46 AM
Flygfsh
Driver

Bo, for piece of mind, pull back the carpet in the passanger footwell. There is a plastic cover the protects the ECU as well as all relays and such, drop the glove box too. Just make sure that all plugs are in tight, and I didnt miss one during the install. Trying to help.
Old 11-01-11 | 10:38 AM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
good luck...its hard to find good info about these cars electronics
indeed it is.
Originally Posted by Flygfsh
Bo, for piece of mind, pull back the carpet in the passanger footwell. There is a plastic cover the protects the ECU as well as all relays and such, drop the glove box too. Just make sure that all plugs are in tight, and I didnt miss one during the install. Trying to help.
will do
Old 11-01-11 | 12:39 PM
MMCtuner
Intermediate

Try to check your blinker button, maybe is faulty. I know it´s related as mi climate didn´t work til I plugged it in.
Old 11-01-11 | 12:49 PM
cheez
Pole Position

R ur dash lights working and tach working?
Old 11-01-11 | 06:20 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by MMCtuner
Try to check your blinker button, maybe is faulty. I know it´s related as mi climate didn´t work til I plugged it in.
well my blinkers work. does that rule it out?
Originally Posted by cheez
R ur dash lights working and tach working?
yes the dash is all working, radio is working as well
Old 11-01-11 | 07:28 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

If you want to bypass the heater core valve, disconnect the hoses and put in a brass 90%. That will make sure your flowing hot water through it. If that makes heat then replace the heater control valve.
Old 11-01-11 | 09:38 PM
sayayin
Pole Position

do your blower works? if no and you see LCD on the climate working when you push the button, there is a relay I forgot one is on the engine bay, for me it was not working or not making good contact so my blower stop working I had a electrician help me out. I had the complete manual for sc300 from electricity to body work the problem is was lost on mi old HD but if you still need it let me know I see if I had copy laying somewhere I can send it to you.
Old 11-02-11 | 12:18 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by Boboridesb
bump, its now freezing here in the mornings, cant melt the frost off to get to work since this is my only car, tried switching the modules and nothing, checked the fuses and they are good....need to get this figured out so i can get to work on time
I bet you'd like for the climate unit to work, right? Let's review.......

Fact: Your climate unit is good and so is your friends.

Fact: your climate unit is not getting power.

Fact: you checked "the fuse" which means nothing since Toyota integrates their fuses so blowing a dome light fuse can turn your radio off even though it isn't mentioned anywhere by Toyota. (just a random example, no idea about dome and radio)

Fact: The only way for your climate not to have power is if the fuse is not good or if the harness is physically disconnected. Since you seem to not have a voltmeter to check the connectivity of every single fuse in the kick panel you can also do it the foolproof way by purchasing an assortment of fuses and replacing every one. Once you either properly check every fuse (not visually, properly) or replace them all - your climate will turn on as long as the harness is correctly plugged in.
Old 11-12-11 | 05:01 PM
myke441990
Driver

Bump. I've been following this thread and might have the same problem. Thought it was the cig adapter 15a fuse but not. Found out the owner before me rigged some kind of LED light by the cig lighter and caused the short. Got that yanked out and half my stuff is working again. Now I just need my climate control to come on so I can get my heater to work!!

Quick Reply: Replaced climate control module still nothing