SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Replaced climate control module still nothing

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-11 | 03:47 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Default Replaced climate control module still nothing

Got another SC...ha im addicted now. ANYWHO i was told the climate control module was out so i purchased a used one from a fellow CL'er which is gurenteed to work and the seller has good feedback so i wasnt worried about a faulty item. However plugged it in...still nothing. Any other ideas? im not to sure where to look into this, checked the fuses...they where good. Checked the ones in the fuse box. are there others? anyone else ever have this problem? Thanks everyone! ur fellow SC noob.
Old 10-14-11 | 04:27 PM
Flygfsh
Driver

Bo, double check the switch above the radio controls? When I was diagnosing that the engine was bad (before I installed the new one), I'm sure that the old climate control system fired up fine. Has to be something stupid, cause I never messed with it during the install.

Hope you're enjoying the car.
Old 10-14-11 | 05:48 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

i know the auto climate button in the back the plastic is cracked around the rear case, all wires are connected, checked that. checked the fuse in the fuse box. what engine are you talking about?
Old 10-14-11 | 06:23 PM
Flygfsh
Driver

Before I changed engines, I dug into the old one to see exactly what was wrong. While checking compression on that, I was inside the car cranking it over. Old engine was junk, so thats why I decided to replace it with a good low mileage one. I remember the climate control lighting up.

Hope you figure it out.
Old 10-14-11 | 06:46 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Flygfsh
Before I changed engines, I dug into the old one to see exactly what was wrong. While checking compression on that, I was inside the car cranking it over. Old engine was junk, so thats why I decided to replace it with a good low mileage one. I remember the climate control lighting up.

Hope you figure it out.
it lit up, didnt work? which is it exactly, that will help me pin point my problem, winter is coming, cant go with no heat and defrost. i already replaced the climate control. that was 100, if that wasnt it than i can make my money back on selling ym other climate control, did u mess with any of the grounds or anything in that area that would possiably tie into it? giving it the reason not to turn on?
Old 10-14-11 | 07:11 PM
UR2klose
Pole Position

Check your fuse for the cigaret lighter.. its in the kick panel on the driver side.. the climate control and cigaret lighter run off the same fuse. Mine would light up but none of the buttons worked. After I replaced that fuse it started working
Old 10-14-11 | 07:19 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by UR2klose
Check your fuse for the cigaret lighter.. its in the kick panel on the driver side.. the climate control and cigaret lighter run off the same fuse. Mine would light up but none of the buttons worked. After I replaced that fuse it started working
wouldnt tht make the cig lighter not work as well? it works, only way i made it to this god forbidden **** town of gurnee
Old 10-14-11 | 07:21 PM
Flygfsh
Driver

Panel would light up, but because the engine didnt run, I didnt mess with anything else on it.
Old 10-14-11 | 07:24 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Flygfsh
Panel would light up, but because the engine didnt run, I didnt mess with anything else on it.
panal light is not on at all.
Old 10-15-11 | 04:41 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

bump if anyone has an idea on what it is
Old 10-16-11 | 10:07 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

bump any ideas? mornings here in indiana are freezing so i need the defrost...cant go anwyehere. afternoons are sunshine directly on u hott...please help
Old 10-17-11 | 01:51 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

somebody knows i know u do lol.
Old 10-19-11 | 12:11 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

bump for helping a CL member. needing heat here in indiana in the mornings. Thank you everyone
Old 10-19-11 | 12:20 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Did you check the fuse on the Cig lighter and see if any coins are in the lighter itself??? Thats what happened with my 92....other than that I have no clue what it could be......
Old 10-19-11 | 12:58 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by One_jZ_SC3
Did you check the fuse on the Cig lighter and see if any coins are in the lighter itself??? Thats what happened with my 92....other than that I have no clue what it could be......
yes checked that when replacing the module. there was nothing in it, the cig lighter works perfect, charges my gps. no coins in there. Thank you

Quick Reply: Replaced climate control module still nothing