SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Thanks to my Insurance I now have a Shine Auto Front+New Headlights!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 05:58 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good.
Old 10-24-11, 06:39 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup!!
Old 10-24-11, 07:17 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks good. How much were the headlights if you don't mind me asking.
Old 10-24-11, 07:31 PM
ads_mobile
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that bumper too, matches exactly with the 97 side skirts. How much for bumper only?
Old 10-24-11, 07:36 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh wow, I really like this! Always loved that front, but wasn't sure how it would line up with the factory kit... something to consider... and if you don't mind me asking, what are your wheel specs? I like your fitment/stance. Just trying to figure out how low and wide I want to go...

Last edited by BSanders22; 10-24-11 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-24-11, 07:50 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
This.

Also, you obviously don't have to answer but would you mind divulging what your insurance gave you for that damage? I'm very curious.
Old 10-24-11, 08:19 PM
unknown159
Pole Position

is that Kurtis body shop cause i know he has a 2jz 5 series like that
Old 10-24-11, 08:20 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing the new pics of your car and seeing just how well the oem side and rear can flow just right with an aftermarket front end just made me feel like a total jack *** for picking up an oem JDM '97+ front just recently LOL! My car is the same exact color as yours and you've pretty much given me a glimpse of what my SC can look like.

P.S You've have now inspired me into selling my OEM JDM '97+ front bumper LOL!

Last edited by CrazySC300; 10-24-11 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-24-11, 09:08 PM
JPKeiichi
Driver

nice upgrade! definitely a fine choice.. I may just have to consider this.
Old 10-24-11, 09:19 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 430 Likes on 354 Posts

The new bumper looks great.
Old 10-24-11, 09:56 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

NIce! always wondered how just the front bumper would look. Any side pics?
Old 10-24-11, 10:45 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Luxor
New headlights make a car look new again! I really like that bumper! Looks great even with the stock sideskirts and rear bumper.
Yeh I said the same thing too, I decided to get the headlights now before the price goes up again....SMH

Originally Posted by sc300max
Did you install the bumper? It looks really nice, how was the fitment. Love the color.
I took it to a bodyshop to do everything and from the feedback I got it was no issues or problems. Even fits better than the A/C Front and this came from the guy who installed it and he also had a A/c kit on one of his previous Sc's!

Originally Posted by JustChill
Adding the shine front make the front look broader. Thats why IM getting it also! =)
Originally Posted by 97-SC300
So this is a different SC than the red 1jz you had LONG ago? Man you haven't posted in so long, I almost forgot about you.

Car definitely looks sweet. New headlights FTW.
I had a Silver Sc before it might have been that one...but yea im still here just driving stock with no tints and A/c on blast....I do miss boost tho~~

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
car looks really clean, any side shots of the car to compare the bumper with the sides
Tnx man! I tried lol.....Well I took a gamble on just the front and it looks pretty good with the rest of the car. It does hang a little lower but I dont think its a real drastic mismatch. I will try to get some pics up later this week so you can see!

Originally Posted by Tabaka
The shine front end looks great with stock skirts. You've added a more aggressive feel to front end.
Preciate that, tnx! All I need now is the power to back it up LOL!

Originally Posted by boostinsc
was that carbon hood or it was just black imo car look good with the black hood yea very nice more pics....am jealous of your front bumper now haha
It was just a black faded hood i got from someone i knew lol! I was getting use to the red and black after awile tho...Glad you like it, I will try to get more pics later this week!

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Nice Jermaine! Great upgrade, just in time for the Picnic/Meet...
Tnx! That says alot coming from you!!!!! Yeh I will deff be there, are we going to see the unveiling of the WICKED_SC?? When you getting it back from the shop???

Originally Posted by JustChill
Just wondering if there is any way to fix that gap you have between the hood and the front bumper. I see that it dips down in the middle a bit. Is that because of that accident?
Im not sure what it is, I wondered myself.....I think its the rubber in the middle b/c the same one was used???

Originally Posted by cherplex
The lights were $316 from the Lexus of Pembroke Pines Trade motion Site:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...99&catalogid=2

Originally Posted by ads_mobile
I like that bumper too, matches exactly with the 97 side skirts. How much for bumper only?
Thnx! I wasnt sure at first but im glad I bought it, plus I got the OEM front sold too LOL! I think it came up to $370 b/c it was shipped from CA to FL.

Originally Posted by BSanders22
Oh wow, I really like this! Always loved that front, but wasn't sure how it would line up with the factory kit... something to consider... and if you don't mind me asking, what are your wheel specs? I like your fitment/stance. Just trying to figure out how low and wide I want to go...
I wasnt at first but im satisfied, Glad u like it too! The suspension im running is Tein Coils from a Supra and the rims I got used also fitment from a Supra so im not sure the offsets. in the front im running 255/35/18 and 295/30/18 Rear.....

Originally Posted by unknown159
is that Kurtis body shop cause i know he has a 2jz 5 series like that
Yes it is! He painted all my cars and im happy with the work he did since he has alot of experience with Sc's!

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Seeing the new pics of your car and seeing just how well the oem side and rear can flow just right with an aftermarket front end just made me feel like a total jack *** for picking up an oem JDM '97+ front just recently LOL! My car is the same exact color as yours and you've pretty much given me a glimpse of what my SC can look like.

P.S You've have now inspired me into selling my OEM JDM '97+ front bumper LOL!
Originally Posted by ScBouncE
NIce! always wondered how just the front bumper would look. Any side pics?
Oh wow thats crazy! Is there a difference with the JDM 97+ Front??? Im sure if you go this route you can sell the kit and get a complete Shine kit if you wanted! What year is your SC? pre 97??

P.S. Red Sc's are my favorite color as well.....took me 3 years to find this one!!!

Everyone else seem to like it as well, I seen a few other Sc's on here with just the front so that gave me the idea....I will try later in the weeks to get more pics up!
Old 10-25-11, 06:15 AM
unknown159
Pole Position

yea hes the best now that i see your setup im going to do the same
Old 10-25-11, 06:35 AM
1996sc300
Rookie

Looks awesome
Old 10-25-11, 06:45 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by One_jZ_SC3
I took a gamble on just the front and it looks pretty good with the rest of the car. It does hang a little lower but I dont think its a real drastic mismatch.
Looks great to me. It probably doesn't hang much lower than a wise, big win, or replica lip. I bet it looks great in person. I'd get this but my driveway has a deep slope and I've heard that these kits can easily crack. When there are car meets I have to park my SC on the street and install the front lip, then come home and take it off so I can park back in my driveway lol.

Quick Reply: Thanks to my Insurance I now have a Shine Auto Front+New Headlights!!