SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 05:38 PM
TAM35GNY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

Here some pictures for you.. I will do most of the swap in my own shop so follow the steps through FB ;

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fb...3071&aid=39134

Last edited by TAM35GNY; 02-24-11 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-21-11, 07:00 PM
kalypso
Driver School Candidate

Hi friends, I'm been on auto forums for a long time ( zilvia.net and nico )

but id like my next car to be an sc300/sc400

learned a lot just by trolling and reading other people's threads, and realized today that I have never posted anything.

Is there an articles section? (with how-to's and build threads)

big love!!
Old 02-21-11, 07:55 PM
swood1001
Driver School Candidate

Default What's up CL members!

My name is Wood and I recently purchased a 98 SC400 (supposedly for my wife as an anniversary present, but really for me ). I'm new to the forum and so far I give it 2 thumbs up. I live in Richmond, VA and I've been in love with this car since it was first introduced. So far the only thing I've done to it is upgrade the audio (had to get rid of the Nakamichi, wasn't cutting it). I installed components in the front and 3 ways in the rear. I replaced the factory sub with a Kicker 10" and everything is powered by a 5 channel Kicker amp. I have a Pioneer double-DIN CD/DVD/iPod head unit up front got some pics, will put them up as soon as I figure out how to. My next plan is to put some staggered 19s on it (if I can convince the wife...wish me luck). I look forward to contributing to the forum!
Old 02-22-11, 10:19 AM
MisFit
Driver School Candidate

Talking SC400 female

Names Missy, new time owner of my sexy beast 95' SC400.
Color-Midnight teal, chrome 17' rims, navi in the dash, tan leather seats.
Full time student, Multi-Media Major, semi pro video game player.(HALOreach)
Mexican/Chinese, obviously a female, 19, loving life, loving the cars, one of the boys but I love my main females. Shopping spree includes, shoes, clothes, make up and car specs

Just got the whip, so new photos will arise soon.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo.jpg  
Old 02-23-11, 10:56 PM
TwoJZgupit
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone! My name is kyle and im from new jersey (south jersey) I recently bought a dark green 92 sc300 5 spd and I love it. I have always enjoyed the way the sc300's looked and when I met my Gf she had one and I got hooked and had to have one. I lucked out and found a stick shift one (which i prefer to drive) and is exactly the same color as hers oddly enough. Lol. The paint is very good. No real oil leaks or anything major. Guy I bought it from said the seats were replaced at one time so the leather seats are in good shape. Heat and a/c work as well as all the windows, sunroof, mirrors and electronic steering adjustment (broken in my girlfriends car) all work great. The best part about it is the car has 334,000 miles on it and u would never know!! Drove it home on bald tires with metal showing thru and rode perfectly smooth. So it needs a few little things and the guy forgot to tell me the clutch was toasted but I still can't wait to have it up and running to enjoy it thru the spring and summer.

I would post pictures but my phone won't let me. And my phone is the only access to the Internet I have. But I still wanted to say hi to you all. Thx
Old 02-24-11, 06:27 AM
sc300me
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Fist timer obviously haha

Whats going on sc lovers? Im new to the world of sc's ive been building mini trucks for basicly my whole life and recently bought my first sc300 (92) and am looking to do some work to it... I really want to take a mkIV tt stock kit and put it on my sc300 also im looking for a soarer badge kit.... can anyone help me?
Old 02-24-11, 07:29 PM
TAM35GNY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vipsoarer2
Great find man... the manuals are hard to come by... im putting the 2jzgte in my car as we speak. haha

pm me if you get questions

Thanks bro! But mine is going to be 6 speed

I like your rims btw..
Old 02-24-11, 08:59 PM
Domo
Driver School Candidate

whats up everyone, ive been lurking around this forum long enough and finally decided to join haha. im on my second sc and have some mild build plans for it. im a on again off again ex honda guy lol and i am on some other forums alot but id like to contribute some positivity around this site. ill start with my new toy:

only pics i have so far, 2nd pic isnt mine i can take it down if need be.
Old 02-25-11, 10:44 AM
Dade305
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sup CL, names Benny im originally from port-au-prince haiti but i now live in miami, FL. my daily is a 98ex civic (stock and masterfully maintained) but my toy is a 93 SC300 NA-T (2jz-ge w/ aftermarket turbo).
ive been searching around in the forums and saved myself alot of trouble the past few weeks so i decided to go ahead and join. hopefully there are a few locals who can help me fit in lol.
Old 02-26-11, 04:48 AM
Everdyl
Driver School Candidate

Default New Lexus Owner (finally!)

Well, after years of admiring Lexus automobiles, I finally was able to make the plunge and buy one today. My budget was tight and the market is a bit fickle, but I found a 1995 Lexus SC400 with 136K miles within my price range. The owner was pretty on-top of caring for the vehicle, and gave me 10 years of maintenance documentation. Suspiciously absent was any mention of a timing belt replacement, although I am still riding the high of my purchase, so I'm not worrying about it right now.

Okay, so here are my questions. The car is completely stock and will be used as a daily driver. Are there any relatively inexpensive performance mods that are worth the investment? Some of the member pics of their SC400s are beautiful - body work, interior work, etc. Any and all advice is appreciated. I'm a little older, so my neutral drop days are far behind me. What I want to create is a (relatively) fast, stylish coupe that shatters so much of the doldrum I see out on the road today.

Well, I am uber-excited over my purchase. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy - especially when I try to explain to her my passion about this car - and maybe I am. Happy to be a Lexus owner!
Old 02-26-11, 08:30 AM
PrlSC400
Driver School Candidate

HI my name is caesar ive been a member for about 4 days now . i owned my pearl white 92 lexus sc 400 for almost a year now its was a salvage title but you cant tell its clean . im giving this car a second life . im working on getting this car in top running condition. as soon as i can figure this out ill post some pictures for you guys
Old 02-27-11, 07:38 PM
IndySC300
Driver School Candidate

New member here, 92 sc300 225k miles automatic, 19" TSW Laguna matte black, 10k HID kit
Name:  lex2.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  83.6 KB

Sorry for the large pic and my monster truck look, it needs dropped
Old 02-28-11, 06:41 PM
PrlSC400
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IndySC300
New member here, 92 sc300 225k miles automatic, 19" TSW Laguna matte black, 10k HID kit

Sorry for the large pic and my monster truck look, it needs dropped
Nice ride bro
Old 03-01-11, 03:33 AM
Everdyl
Driver School Candidate

Default My "New" Lexus SC400

Well, here's a picture of my newly acquired Lexus SC400. I must say, after 3 days and plenty of driving, this is one awesome car!

Name:  IMG_0734.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  97.2 KB
Old 03-03-11, 11:09 AM
teckniks
Driver School Candidate

Hello, my names Ed. Been in the BMW game for a long long time, decided I would like a change unless I 1jz the m3. lol

looking foward to owning a sc300 one day.

pic of my car

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!