SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11, 08:20 PM
EKsc300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a new start for more power

hey all,
i have been helping a friend with his 92 sc300 build, and i just got in love with them, so i just got me a 93 with a 1jz, t66 turbo off this website(lucky me), kinda needs some work, but should have it done in no time. over all, i love what you can do to them, and how sexy they look with the body kit. i will do my best to post pictures of the car, i just painted flat black for now, till i get my body kit and do a full paint job, not sure what color yet, but i will make up my mind soon,
other than that, woooooow what kind of info i can find here, its really freaky, so thanks to all the people that spent time to post with they did to their cars, made my life and my friends life alot easier, LOL
Old 04-21-11, 10:52 AM
HaroldV
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello All

I just bought a 1992 SC 400 in white and it looks great (hope to post pics later today). I have some small exterior damage on the right rear. It also has the usual issues: dark needles, black climate lcd, leather seats are a bit rough (tear in drivers seat), and my trunk lifters need replaced. 141800 miles and runs great. This car is such a freaking blast. It is going to be a personal challenge to keep to the speed limits. This car handles so well and just wants to go fast.

I am going to fix the climate lcd.

I also want to keep it as original as possible. I am going to use it every day and I think it is going to do great.

I love my new wheels. This site seems to be a great resource. Also the new lexusdrivers.com site is great for anyone who has not been. Definitely check it out. Found great service history on my car and looks like they are shipping me an owners manual at no cost to me.
Old 04-21-11, 03:46 PM
wacoman42
Driver School Candidate

Default new guy in Georgia

Just picked up an sc 300 last week. LOVE IT! Looked for months, finally found a good one.

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for the endless info
Old 04-21-11, 09:39 PM
SouthRida
Driver School Candidate

Hello my name is Jeff and I from kissimme. I love sc300's and planning to own one by the end of this year so I can do some crazy mods.
Old 04-22-11, 05:55 AM
KarateDoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased a 95 sc400 black on black clean title but has some major exterior cosmetic damage with clean interior and 167k miles on it. Mechanically sound overall.

It's going into the shop for a complete rework of the body and two stage paint job. Should take about 5 weeks or so for them to finish it right. Pulling off everything including the windows and then the bodywork and then the paint. I should have a really nice car when they are done. I'll post up pics after.
Old 04-23-11, 03:47 PM
Champen
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello from Denmark

Sup... First sc300 to reach the Danish roads was my pretty ****ty old banged up green old lady.... but that changed....

Full vertx kit, euro lights, eurospec supra mk4 brakes, BC sport coilovers, 20" rear 19" front, FMIC, Blinged engine bay, Full thrust exhaust and full black respray...
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-1.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-2.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-3.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-4.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-5.jpg  

Old 04-23-11, 08:30 PM
groverwood
Driver

hi.

new guy here. just bought a '93 SC400 w/ 156k miles on it. missing some things and i have a few repair questions and performance issues i'm looking to solve.

wanna see it?
Old 04-23-11, 08:37 PM
groverwood
Driver

here she is. sorry about the large pic.

i've only had this car for a few days and i am in love. Can't stop driving it

Last edited by groverwood; 04-24-11 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-23-11, 09:53 PM
jd1515
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys, I recently talked my dad into a 1992 SC400 with 62k miles. My girlfriend had one 5 years ago and I always thought it was a nice car. When my dad told me he was looking for a new daily driver I thought this would fit the bill. Then I came across a low milage one owner for him. I just wanted to join here to find out everything I can for him. It has some small problems that seem to be the common problems on these. I think its going to be a great car though. Thank you for all the future help. Pics to come.
Old 04-24-11, 09:54 PM
nandob
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hello and Help?

Hi my name is Blue and I am a proud owner of a 95 SC400, and I am complete Lexus Virgin although this is my second SC. I attached a pic of my 96 in which I had no issues with at all and hating that I sold it. But money got tight, I put the car on craigslist and sold it in 4 hours.
Anyways any tech help I can get would be greatful. I have a 98 front bumper, and have access to the entire kit, if your interested let me know. A buddy of mine has a complete oem 98 kit, besides the one I am buying from him.
My problem is my car is sputtering like either I am running bad gas which isnt the case or the plugs and wires are bad, and thats not the case either. It cranks right up on a cold start,so I do not think its the fuel pump or filter, but sometimes it begins to sputter and almost backfire and I dont know what that is. I have no check engine light or nothing to indicate I have an internal problem. If any of you guys got an answer for me please let me know.
Peace and Blessings,
Blue
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lex.jpg  
Old 04-28-11, 09:03 AM
jkearns
Driver School Candidate

Hey y'all. My name's Josh and I've been driving a silver '99 SC300 off and on since April of '10. It used to be my dad's, then I sold my beautiful 4Runner, and got to drive the SC for a while until I got a new car. Got a Saab 9-5, engine locked up same night as purchase, got my money back and drove the SC again for a few weeks until I got a '97 BMW M3 that was blacked out and was destined to be a track car, but guy didn't have enough time. Maintenance and issues left over from a wreck two owners before me has killed my wallet, so the SC became mine around last September. Only a few things have been done, and those are the headlights (which my father messed up because they have no direction and we had to install low-intensity bulbs into the high-beam lights, simply so I can see when driving at night), and wheels. I'll get some pictures later, since we've had severe storms and probably are still gonna have a few. Anyway, glad to be here and I hope to learn quite a bit more about this car from you guys.
Old 04-28-11, 05:43 PM
xSCWEETx
Driver School Candidate

Talking hello

Im Zach, ive had my Black 93' Sc300 for 6 months now, and now im in the mood for some minor mods. Maybe even some major mods. I live in Greensboro, NC and all of the sc's around here are pretty regular, or on 24's.... soo i have changed up my look. When i got the car it had some ugly 17" rims on it, awesome tint, aftermarket tail lights, and stock everything else. Its automatic, which sucks, and its non-turbo. So far, i got some blacked out tail, lights, fog lights, HID head lights, and some 18" drag DR-34. I bought a jdm spoiler that i want to mount soon, and i would like to lower the car dramatically. If anyone could give me advice on converting to 5 speed that would be great.
Old 04-29-11, 10:06 AM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Just got myself an 93 sc400 shell. I will be putting in a new engine and trans. will be rebuilding it bottoms up. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 04-30-11, 08:19 AM
buckwheat
Driver

whats up everyone im new to this forum and wanna say hi. im about to do my first sc 300 build and this is what i have. i started off buying a getrag 6 speed and a 2001 ls 430 rear diff with the 3.266 ratio im about to swap this setup in any advice let me know also im running a set of headers t4 flange t67 turbo with a 70 ar hot side 3"v band 3" downpipe into a 3" blits exuast im using a tial 38 mm wastgate and a greddy 40 mm bov the intercooler is 31"x12"x4" with 3" piping im also putting a megasquirt 2. thats what im starting with for now any ideas pleas let me know all your knowledge is welcom
Old 05-02-11, 05:22 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Champen
Sup... First sc300 to reach the Danish roads was my pretty ****ty old banged up green old lady.... but that changed....

Full vertx kit, euro lights, eurospec supra mk4 brakes, BC sport coilovers, 20" rear 19" front, FMIC, Blinged engine bay, Full thrust exhaust and full black respray...
what are the offsets on those wheels? it looks good

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!