SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-11 | 11:47 AM
SFSC1JZ
Driver School Candidate

wdup. been a forum lurker forever. usually stay in the shadows while i gather valuable info. member of many forums due to many past vehicles. knowledge is power. just bought a 92 sc300 with a 1jzgte motor. automatic. bone stock. im fighting the urge to change that but i appreciate the sleeper look and the stock exhaust note...so time will tell...

see yall around!
Old 06-02-11 | 09:24 PM
redPKGsc4
Driver School Candidate

whats really good clubLex just got a 97sc400 couple months ago. I told myself id never do the import thing again i thought i retired... but let be the first to let yall know im out, im unretired back on the scene. i got tons of mods already order some on the way and some already here. love to hear some of yall imput.
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-11 | 10:55 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Default intro/alignment!

whats up everyone im new to the lexus side of the house, my name is josh, i just picked up a 1992 sc400. i bet some of you might recognize it from the pictures of whos it used to be. (maybe, maybe not) anyway, i also have a 2003 350z 6 speed enthusiast, and a daily driven fusion ( POS 4 cly!!!). i just got out of the Navy literally less then a week ago, and am already working in long beach at Gulfstream Jets as an avionics technician. now that thats out of the way, i have been searching for the past couple hours about alignments, but havnt found one close and i need a legit one close to santa ana that does well with lowered cars, praticularly a place that uses laser alignment and has experience with low cars. mainly located in the inland empire, corona, riverside. i keep hearing that west end alignment is pretty legit in gardena, thats a long drive though...but if its worth it then im gonna do it. let me know what info you guys have, thanks

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...disp=inline&zw
Old 06-02-11 | 10:59 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

if you have a sears go there? haha

they always do a good job with my car
Old 06-02-11 | 11:01 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

yea i was thinkin bout going to a place like that or pep boys...but im just worried that they dont deal with lowered cars, and rims that are expensive enough to know what they are doing. i dunno, i could just be overestimating it lol
Old 06-02-11 | 11:39 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Man I had the same problem when I got my SC400 a few months ago! I couldn't find one here in SD that knows lowered SC's very well, almost all places I went to wanted me to buy a camber kit so they can fix my alignment! Which is BS 'cause its only on springs and not that low when my wife's brother in law's brother (you guys might know him here as Raine, the one who made the DIY for installing aftermarket HU) had his SC's on coilsovers and even way lower than mine didn't need a camber kit! So anyways he suggested this place at Temple City called JC Auto House and I never regret traveling 2hrs to get my alignment from him! His name is Cyrus, you just look him up at Yelp.com so you can get the address! (This guy literally loves SC's for some reason...) You're not gonna regret it!
Old 06-02-11 | 11:52 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

my cars pretty low.... sears uses lasers...

they got my rears under 2* camber
Old 06-03-11 | 12:08 AM
HTXSaint
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi, I'm here to learn hah

I don't even know if this is the right place to post this but oh well..
I bought a '97 Lexus SC300 2jzge about 2 years ago for $4,900.
Now hear me out, I don't know anything about cars, hah, I'm 20 and was raised by my mom and 2 sisters lol. So, I'm learning everything about cars this late...by myself. I almost sold it and bought a Yamaha FZ6R until I found out my SC had the same engine in a Supra non-turbo, is that correct?
I did have to do some minor engine maintenance repairs to it since then.
I mean I love my car and when it's all buffered and cleaned up nice, this car can pull hoes man hah.

Anyways I joined to learn about my car and really want to put money into it, not as much as I want to, but as much as I can afford working at Smoothie King lol. So if I ask dumb questions I'm sorry, because I truly don't know.
All of ya'lls cars are really nice and honestly I'm jealous hah. I wanted to buy some rims and thought the ones I were gonna buy were cool, but you guys have really nice rims on here. Do yall think these would look good on my car? I ask alot of questions and respect other peoples opinons and want to know what type of rims and rim colors would go good with my car. This is my first car and have never bought rims before so I want to do it right the first time. I'm not made of money but this car is the only thing I spend money on anyways.
Rims:EDIT: I guess no one liked the rims hah, thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it.

After I fix my power steering, and other minor repairs, what would be a next small step into making it uhm..."faster"...?
Thanks if you read all this hah
My car (stock):
Name:  27690_1437600189071_1504995403_1093437_7931068_n.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  65.5 KB
Name:  67326_1617592888776_1504995403_1550117_3799368_n-1.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  54.4 KB

Last edited by HTXSaint; 06-03-11 at 01:07 AM. Reason: the fail was strong in this post...
Old 06-03-11 | 12:17 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

First off welcome to CL!!! Nice find! 2nd, don't get those rims! Get something with lip! LOL And beware if there are a bunch of A-holes here, internet thugging is becoming contagious and spreading like a disease! Good luck with you ride!
Old 06-03-11 | 12:18 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

Welcome to CL. To learn more about your SC, check out the stickies on the top of this forum.

Here is a link to get you started. Great informations here:
http://intellexual.net/ (A must read)

Also, if you're on a budget, you can purchase OEM wheels from other cars to update the look of your SC. ISX50, G35, and 350Z wheels are popular choices.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ost-a-pic.html

Last edited by uras300; 06-03-11 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-03-11 | 12:44 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Welcome,

I would pass on those rims, they have weak offset ( the wheel will sink in ) and no lip! If your in a super budget as i can see try going for xxrs. But firstly lower jk do maintenance
Old 06-03-11 | 12:54 AM
HTXSaint
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcomes, I never even knew there was a site like this. And thanks on the advise on the rims, I didn't know, I just liked the way they looked hah.
What about these rims? I love the dark grey ones. Could buy them relatively soon...if I sell my tv lol.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-VA...Q5fAccessories
@uras300 thanks I'll check it out
@sc300jz I was wanting to lower it, but I don't know anything about that, how much should I lower it if I want to put 18"s on it? Because even stock, my front bumper is a ***** at parking hah
Old 06-03-11 | 12:57 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

hey, you have a 2jzge, same as an NA (non-turbo) supra. the 2jzgte is the twin turbo engine that came in the TT supras.

and welcome to CL... you have a very clean car on your hands. how many miles are on it? and before rims, lower it. a lowered car on stock wheels always looks better than having rims on stock ride height. you'll be bronco status. search our classified section for good quality used wheels at affordable prices... and happy modding!
Old 06-03-11 | 12:59 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HTXSaint
Thanks for the welcomes, I never even knew there was a site like this. And thanks on the advise on the rims, I didn't know, I just liked the way they looked hah.
What about these rims? I love the dark grey ones. Could buy them relatively soon...if I sell my tv lol.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-VA...Q5fAccessories
@uras300 thanks I'll check it out
@sc300jz I was wanting to lower it, but I don't know anything about that, how much should I lower it if I want to put 18"s on it? Because even stock, my front bumper is a ***** at parking hah
those varrstoen's are a pretty decent knock off wheel. that sc in the picture is a member here i think haha. anyway, as far as lowering, get coilovers and you can adjust the ride height as you see fit. it all depends on what you're trying to accomplish (performance vs stance)
Old 06-03-11 | 12:59 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Varrstoens are good, most likely you will want to get the 18x9.5 /10.5 at +15 for flush look, but you will have to roll your fenders. I say order it from the makers directly it should be cheaper that way.

just kidding you get a bunch of free goodies as well

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!