SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-11 | 01:05 AM
HTXSaint
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tmh95sc
hey, you have a 2jzge, same as an NA (non-turbo) supra. the 2jzgte is the twin turbo engine that came in the TT supras.

and welcome to CL... you have a very clean car on your hands. how many miles are on it? and before rims, lower it. a lowered car on stock wheels always looks better than having rims on stock ride height. you'll be bronco status. search our classified section for good quality used wheels at affordable prices... and happy modding!
Ok thanks, I'll edit my post. Thanks, that's what I thought too. Uhm...289k miles lol, its a lot but it still runs good and still roars. If it ever broke down, I think I would cry....literally hah.
Old 06-03-11 | 01:50 AM
InhumaneSC
Driver

Originally Posted by HTXSaint
Thanks for the welcomes, I never even knew there was a site like this. And thanks on the advise on the rims, I didn't know, I just liked the way they looked hah.
What about these rims? I love the dark grey ones. Could buy them relatively soon...if I sell my tv lol.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-VA...Q5fAccessories
@uras300 thanks I'll check it out
@sc300jz I was wanting to lower it, but I don't know anything about that, how much should I lower it if I want to put 18"s on it? Because even stock, my front bumper is a ***** at parking hah
Welcome! Your car looks great! And deff go with the Varrstoen..its what i'm going with. 18x9.5 +12 18x10.5 +15 ...youll have to roll the fenders though to get them to fit..but they are one of the best looking wheels I think on our cars.
Old 06-03-11 | 03:07 AM
Mr.Stussy
Rookie

Default Hey y'all! Just bought me a sc300 5speed

Hey you guys I just wanted To say what's up I just picked up a sc300 5speed. I'm a toyota guy and had a ls400 first gen but I got tired of it and sold it to buy a BMW e34 and I got tired of that too so now I have me a sc300. I wanted to buy a is300 but I think that will have to wait until I'm done with this sc build. Lol but yeah. I also drive a 1975 Toyota celica and a 1992 Toyota mr2. Well any ways I'm lookin for coilovers and rims for the sc. I'm on a budget right now. I want to buy some Megan racing LP coils and for rims I'm thinking of stock is250 wheels or stock G35 19inch rays. Give me your guys thoughts what road I should go and what not. But I really want coilovers asap I super dislike stock height ! Ohh I also want to get a good sound system how should I go about with that. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-03-11 | 03:13 AM
Mr.Stussy
Rookie

Default New sc300 owner Yeeee

Hey you guys I just wanted To say what's up I just picked up a sc300 5speed. I'm a toyota guy and had a ls400 first gen but I got tired of it and sold it to buy a BMW e34 and I got tired of that too so now I have me a sc300. I wanted to buy a is300 but I think that will have to wait until I'm done with this sc build. Lol but yeah. I also drive a 1975 Toyota celica and a 1992 Toyota mr2. Well any ways I'm lookin for coilovers and rims for the sc. I'm on a budget right now. I want to buy some Megan racing LP coils and for rims I'm thinking of stock is250 wheels or stock G35 19inch rays. Give me your guys thoughts what road I should go and what not. But I really want coilovers asap I super dislike stock height !Ohh I also want to get a good sound system how should I go about with that. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-03-11 | 03:33 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

congrats on joining the sc crew. first steps would be to scour this forum with the search button at the top for answers to most of the questions you asked. there should be topics on most of it. there are people running the g35 wheels and many audio threads. also we use the classifieds section on the main club lexus page for finding parts. people get uppety when try to buy or sell here in the sc section...lol. lets get some pics of your ride up and go from there. welcome. enjoy the sc feeling.
Old 06-03-11 | 03:45 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

wow finally someone with higher mileage then me! lol and it is impressively clean for that high mileage. must have been a long commuter car. silver on black is one of my favorite combos. lot of potential there. these guys can be a great help with getting set up. i agree with them lower it first. i got my car with wheels already installed and no drop and it looks like ***. lol. have fun! laters.
edit: where you at in texas? im in houston. im always interested to see other houston sc owners and maybe once there is enough of us we can ride out. yeah sc fleet..

Last edited by bleedspeed; 06-03-11 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-03-11 | 05:16 AM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

For coils, I recommend PBM/Powered By Max. They're pretty stiff but are great for the price.
As for wheels, the g35's are nice but they're going to be way sunken unless you get some spacers, same for the is250 wheels.
Sound system, just make sure to bypass the stock amp and run your own wiring rather than using a plug and play harness with whatever headunit you buy. For some reason a lot of noise/whining comes through the speakers and it sucks.

Other than that search the forums for anything you need and welcome!
Old 06-03-11 | 05:27 AM
FutureSC
Lead Lap

Like everyone else is saying, invest in some coilovers if your budget allows or at least springs. It all depends on what you're going for, performance, or keeping the ride close to stock in terms of ride quality. For coils I recommend PBM, but they may be too stiff for what you might want. Just do some research on the forums and poke around. Read a lot, there's a lot of useful info on here. And also, I could get you a PDF of the factory service manual so shoot me a private message if you want it.

Trust me, you'll want it.

And good luck with the car!
Old 06-03-11 | 06:15 AM
1jzchris
Pole Position

Congrats and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-11 | 07:44 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

just wanted to say hah!
Old 06-03-11 | 08:18 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Welcome, sounds like you've got some plans in mind. check out some of the vendors on this site for good deals on coilovers.

As for wheels, I've never personally been a fan of G35 wheels on our cars but hey it's your car and you can do what you want.

There are LOTS of threads about stereo systems on here as well. Do a little searching around the SC300/400 forums as well as the Stereo Forum and you'll find lots of good info.
Old 06-03-11 | 09:07 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

welcome to CL
Old 06-03-11 | 09:32 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

congrats on the 5 speed
Old 06-03-11 | 09:49 AM
HTXSaint
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
wow finally someone with higher mileage then me! lol and it is impressively clean for that high mileage. must have been a long commuter car. silver on black is one of my favorite combos. lot of potential there. these guys can be a great help with getting set up. i agree with them lower it first. i got my car with wheels already installed and no drop and it looks like ***. lol. have fun! laters.
edit: where you at in texas? im in houston. im always interested to see other houston sc owners and maybe once there is enough of us we can ride out. yeah sc fleet..
I'm also in Houston, well Humble to be exact. I see the same 2 lexus SC300 around highway 59 and FM1960, one of them is jade green with big ol 20" chrome rims hah. Ridin' out would be cool, I don't know about you but I'm going to Coffee and Cars saturday.
Old 06-03-11 | 10:30 AM
Mr.Stussy
Rookie

thanks you guys yeah ill post some pictures soon. And yeah ill use the search button, i just wanted to give you guys an idea of what i was trying to do and just wondering about your thoughts thats it.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!