SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-11, 12:00 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvipman
thanks you guys yeah ill post some pictures soon. And yeah ill use the search button, i just wanted to give you guys an idea of what i was trying to do and just wondering about your thoughts thats it.
Welcome, you don't need our thought about what you are doing with your car. Your building it for yourself. (i hope)

But so far your on the right track
Old 06-03-11, 04:57 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm, i will have to cruise by sears and see what they can do, as long as i get before and after results im good. king phillip i will check that out thanks!
Old 06-04-11, 12:32 PM
99jme99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello from south London uk.
I've had my soarer for 4 years now and currently looks like this:

Name:  IMG_0270.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  iphonepics326.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  70.2 KB

Name:  iphonepics310.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  118.2 KB

Its a 93 with a manual 5 speed conversion. last time on the RR its was pushing 342bhp at the fly
Old 06-07-11, 07:23 PM
kwest30038
Driver School Candidate

Hello all...

I'm in The A -Atlanta , and I recently acquired my 93 SC300, black, 5speed, 2JZ. I'm looking to add a few mods, but nothing to crazy.... I believe in keeping it clean and simple, yet sporty... I'm looking to meet and learn from other SC300 owners here on the site and also local - ATL SC300 owners...

My inspiration YouTube clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hUAj...eature=related

Markus
Yahoo IM kwest30038
Old 06-08-11, 11:17 PM
HTXSaint
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
wow finally someone with higher mileage then me! lol and it is impressively clean for that high mileage. must have been a long commuter car. silver on black is one of my favorite combos. lot of potential there. these guys can be a great help with getting set up. i agree with them lower it first. i got my car with wheels already installed and no drop and it looks like ***. lol. have fun! laters.
edit: where you at in texas? im in houston. im always interested to see other houston sc owners and maybe once there is enough of us we can ride out. yeah sc fleet..
Sorry I meant 189k lol, typo.
Old 06-09-11, 09:07 AM
SupLex
Driver School Candidate

What up cl community, im new to cl but not new to the 3rd gen soarer/sc chassis... I currently own a 92 5 speed (1 of 1601 baby) black on black SC3 lightly modded. Soarer 1jz & r154 package, greddy t78-33d turbo, safc tuned, fmic, hks ssq bov, black 3 piece enkie wheels, open downpipe, the car is pushing 395hp but with approximately 90% duty cycle on my 440cc inj and thats as far as ill push em , newly installed supra tt crossdrilled and slotted rotors w/ tt calipers on all four corners... its safe to say my 100-0 performance surpasses my 0-100 with these stoppers...LOL

Heres the link(s) to my build when the stock twins were still apart of my life lol, some of you guys prolly remember this car for sale on cl couple years ago, dont have any other solid pics on hand so this should be better than nothin until i save some pics to my computer. enjoy

pt.1
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/hy...c300-swap.html
pt.2
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/hy...ap-pt-2-a.html

SupLex

Last edited by SupLex; 06-09-11 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-09-11, 09:08 AM
SupLex
Driver School Candidate

^ sorry for no pics, will upload as soon as i save them to my puta.

Last edited by SupLex; 06-09-11 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-09-11, 09:52 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SupLex
^ sorry for no pics, will upload as soon as i save then to my puta.
uww u said a bad word in spanish... lol... from new guy to new guy welcome. definetly post pics ASAP sounds nice!
Old 06-09-11, 01:52 PM
SupLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cmh
uww u said a bad word in spanish... lol... from new guy to new guy welcome. definetly post pics ASAP sounds nice!
oh s#@t, yea i jus noticed, i ment comPUTER... thanks sir
Old 06-15-11, 06:53 AM
Sullen0313
Rookie

Hello everyone. My name is Sean, and I am a failure. Now that that's out of the way, i just got my sc300 last week. It's pretty nice, although right now it feels like I'm driving an old Cadillac. The steering is very loose, and the clutch slips, and there are a few less than desirable fixes from the previous owner... The visor won't stay up, so we'll just cement it to the headliner... It doesn't like to pass emissions, so we'll just reconfigure all the vacuum lines however we see fit...oh wait, that made it worse... The fan shroud broke some time ago, so we'll just duct tape it back together, maybe add a little glue here and there. The oil leaks, so we'll just cake some RTV on the leaking spot... Anyways, i like it, and these are all problems I can handle. I work at Killswitch Performance. We deal in Subaru's and Mustang's mostly, but we get some time with Toyota's often enough. We specialize in top dollar, high quality turbo builds. We use Borg Warner, and I gotta say I love the EFR turbos. Very quick spool, Very good boost response, and the internal BOV makes for a much cleaner I/C pipe setup.

SC plans:
1. bushings
2. Clutch
3. Reseal Engine, timing belt, all mounts
4. Interior door panels, headliner, visors, seat belts, and recover seats(tan & grey)
5. Coils and brakes
6. All out NA-T build
Old 06-15-11, 02:18 PM
GoodSpeed1
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, my name is Charles, I just bought a 1994 SC400. Other then being a HUGE gas guzzler its a fantastic car. Im in the process of fixing the problems while enjoying the drive.

I came from an MR2 Turbo, and while I really enjoyed that car I think my SC is better in all respects, other then handling/power, which will change in the course of owning this car.

Enough with the ranting, heres what you guys have been waiting for.

Name:  IMAG0072.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  141.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0073.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  150.4 KB
Name:  IMAG0076.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  112.0 KB
Name:  IMAG0075.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  129.2 KB
Name:  IMAG0077.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  153.0 KB
Name:  IMAG0068-1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  68.8 KB
Name:  IMAG0069.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  83.4 KB
Old 06-15-11, 02:39 PM
Sc300Si
Driver School Candidate

Wassup guys Eli here just joined CL, I just bought a 94' sc 300 with 97k miles on it. Runs like a baby only had one owner has a small dent on the right fender. Car is black w beige interior and it sits on stock everything lol.. No check engine lights Nothing at all.. Pics will be up hopefully by tomorrow..
Plans: Soarer clone but I need you guys to tell me which suspension set up gives me the most drop... Thanks
Old 06-16-11, 03:37 PM
justicleeg
Driver School Candidate

sc brothers(and sisters lol) unite (wonder twins) but hey cl i een a lurker for a couple months and finally decided to introduce my self..93 sc400 sandstone #dnt hate appreciate# 178xxx, fully stock minus the halo lights i just installed today but have alot in mind for this car and im sure with the info and you guys ...ill be able to get it done...o pics will post phone to cpu error
Old 06-17-11, 12:16 PM
PlowboyTX
Driver School Candidate

Howdy,

The Name is Mike. Almost a year ago the company i was working for closed down. I have been driving a company truck for the past 11 years. I found myself with no Job, no Phone and no wheels! I went to a Toyota deal we have purchased several cars from and told him i was looking for a "Beater". He handed me the invoice sheet and turned me loose in the wholesale lot. Thats where I saw my first SC300. Love at fist sight.
Long story short, I ended up buying a 1993 SC300 from an individual for about 800 under wholesale value. Tons of little problems needed fixing and thats how i found this place. I have been lurking around here for months and finally decided to join so i could add my 2 coppers to some of these discussions where i had some experience in.

Im no wrench by any means. I'm a master carpenter and Cowboy by trade. I did a lot of drag racing back in my teens (30+ years ago) but cars have changed so much since then i look under the hood and just gasp at the plastic and hoses. what happened to 1 wire to the ignition? But thats another rant

Hope to see y'all around here and look forward to your input on my puppy.
Old 06-17-11, 08:41 PM
HTXSaint
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PlowboyTX
Howdy,

The Name is Mike. Almost a year ago the company i was working for closed down. I have been driving a company truck for the past 11 years. I found myself with no Job, no Phone and no wheels! I went to a Toyota deal we have purchased several cars from and told him i was looking for a "Beater". He handed me the invoice sheet and turned me loose in the wholesale lot. Thats where I saw my first SC300. Love at fist sight.
Long story short, I ended up buying a 1993 SC300 from an individual for about 800 under wholesale value. Tons of little problems needed fixing and thats how i found this place. I have been lurking around here for months and finally decided to join so i could add my 2 coppers to some of these discussions where i had some experience in.

Im no wrench by any means. I'm a master carpenter and Cowboy by trade. I did a lot of drag racing back in my teens (30+ years ago) but cars have changed so much since then i look under the hood and just gasp at the plastic and hoses. what happened to 1 wire to the ignition? But thats another rant

Hope to see y'all around here and look forward to your input on my puppy.
Welcome to CL, its always cool to see more people from Texas. Pics would also be nice

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!