SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-11, 11:37 AM
RemSteele
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

New kid on the block. Just p/u a 95 SC300, 64K. Guess I'm gonna jump in cause I need help. Where can I get trunks shocks (dealer wants $189 each) and I need a seat removal diagram. Rights seat will not move forward or back (all other options work fine). I have pic I will try to attach.

Thanks for everyone's time,

RJ
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_1275-1-.jpg  
Old 06-19-11, 10:05 AM
addisonblc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clean car bro. Welcome to thunderdome haha
Old 06-20-11, 05:49 AM
nandob
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoodSpeed1
Hey guys, my name is Charles, I just bought a 1994 SC400. Other then being a HUGE gas guzzler its a fantastic car. Im in the process of fixing the problems while enjoying the drive.

I came from an MR2 Turbo, and while I really enjoyed that car I think my SC is better in all respects, other then handling/power, which will change in the course of owning this car.

Enough with the ranting, heres what you guys have been waiting for.

Hey Welcome!
I am six months into the the SC an I know own my 3rd. 93 SC300 5 speed and a 94 and 95 SC400. Although I see you are in FL and I know a guy down there that has some killer 19.8-19.10 staggered rims he would sell you for cheap. Plus I can give you some insight on your 400 since I have been tinkering with mine for awhile now. Good Luck and drive!!
Old 06-20-11, 06:49 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GoodSpeed1
Hey guys, my name is Charles, I just bought a 1994 SC400. Other then being a HUGE gas guzzler its a fantastic car. Im in the process of fixing the problems while enjoying the drive.

I came from an MR2 Turbo, and while I really enjoyed that car I think my SC is better in all respects, other then handling/power, which will change in the course of owning this car.

Enough with the ranting, heres what you guys have been waiting for.
what part of florida is that? looks like descolate areas around where i live. thats perfect for street racin lol
Old 06-20-11, 07:24 AM
loulo
Driver School Candidate

newbie here, just purchased a 1996 sc400. It's in the shop right now, has some noise coming from rear end. The color is black with tan interior,has some nice chrome wheels to set it off. Will post pics when I get it back
Old 06-20-11, 08:06 AM
kwahaus
Driver School Candidate

Got my trunk shocks from Advance Auto. Strong Arm. I think they were around $26 for the pair. Put them on this weekend. Took about 20 min. Work great. Now my trunk pops open when I hit the remote.

BTW, search the forums. There's a lot of info including a really good write up with pics.
Old 06-20-11, 05:13 PM
RemSteele
Rookie

Originally Posted by kwahaus
Got my trunk shocks from Advance Auto. Strong Arm. I think they were around $26 for the pair. Put them on this weekend. Took about 20 min. Work great. Now my trunk pops open when I hit the remote.

BTW, search the forums. There's a lot of info including a really good write up with pics.
Thanks for the update. I wish I had known I could have picked them up and done them over the weekend. I ordered them of the "net" around the same price but they won't be in until later this week, install will have to wait till the weekend (after the honey do list). I was able to find info about the seat, I hope the guy at IH8MUD is still around. I'm sure I'm gonna the famous "white cap"

Thanks
RJ
Old 06-22-11, 01:21 AM
snowman400
Driver School Candidate

watsup all,the names KC and I just bought a 1992 sc400.All in all mostly evrything maintenece wise has been done,serious tuneup,new oem brake pads,kn drop in filter,strait rear mufflers which are coming off soon enough.I also cut the 4th solenoid wire at the ecu which I seen done in one of the threads.The car does squat a lot harder on takeoff and shifts a little firmer.Also the abs/trac removal was done by the revious owner of the car.its basically snow white with white stock wheels.Ive been really digging in this forum really hard before i even found my right sc,just to get a headstart.Im from shreveport,louisiana and as far as i know theres only one other nice sc rolling around a nice green one,i think he's tech greek i believe.Pics will go up soon and theres more done to the car but thats all I can think of right now,thanks for the great site.you"ll be hearing a lot more from this car lol.
Old 06-22-11, 02:23 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Hey guys,
My name is Jo. I live in Lexington KY. On sunday I will be picking up a 1993 SC400 in toyota white. I am pretty excited, as of right now I have a swapped S14 with a SR20DET. But I will be trading her for the SC. Now I am in the market for wheels, I am torn between CCW classics, Volk SF winnings, or TE37's. Any suggestions? more than likely 18's for performance!
Thanks
Old 06-22-11, 07:16 PM
Crank
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone my name is Eric from so. Cal. I have a 93 sc 300 that I bought from a previous member on here. After seeing the cal poly photo shoot I have decided to become a member because I was not aware of that shoot and I go to school there. This is my new daily driver, love it so far but looking for more power.
Old 06-23-11, 03:21 PM
herrajdm
Driver School Candidate

Hey I'm Dalton I just got my sc300 yesterday. Its 5speed manual, which I hear is pretty rare. First thing I noticed was the great sound this car produces. I'm looking forward to a long time with this car and plenty of tastefull mods. The car as of now is completly stock
Old 06-23-11, 05:52 PM
My92SC300
Driver School Candidate

Hey everybody, names Bret and I have a 92 sc300. Only mod so far are k-sport coilovers. I bought it as a project from a good friend for 1k and a set of k-sports for his LS400 . Its gona be my daily driver as soon as I get it together. Ill be sure to post some pictures as soon as I can.
Old 06-24-11, 02:08 PM
Rex671
Rookie

wassup CL! names rex from vegas. sold my eg civic a month ago and got a 92 sc400. still stock currently laid off so no funds to start working on it. but sooner or later ill get there. ill post pictures once i get the chance too
Old 06-25-11, 05:19 PM
drastic95
Driver

Hey CL, my name is Mike and I got my 95 SC in April. Like I said its a 95, factory 5 speed in dark green. I think the correct color is Jade Mica. Well it just crossed 80k miles and is going strong. Since buying the car i put 97 TT high polished rims on and dropped it on HKS Hypermax coilovers. I also did a full tune up with all dealer stuff. The driver seat was kinda beat up so I got one off the forums from a local guy.

I plan on doing a 1j next year when i recover from the rims and coilovers. this year i just want to get the suspension all changed. Looking forward to gaining knowledge on the car from this forum. Just from the few months I've been on here the knowledge on here is very helpfull. Well thats all for now.

Sorry for crappy phone pic, it rained today and the car is filthy
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-car.jpg  
Old 06-25-11, 09:21 PM
stinky862
Driver School Candidate

just purchaced sc300 auto trans.. its allready sittin on the floor of the shop swappin 1jzgte and w58

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!