SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-11 | 08:12 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mr.seam
Thanks bro and i might do that an keep the wheels. I just recently moved out here to LA from Sac and not sure who can do it. Would you know any by chance any shops?
simple wheel werkz and wright wheels look them up in the socal section good to here your in la.
Old 08-16-11 | 09:55 PM
JJ823
Driver

Hello everyone just joined tonight after getting my 92 sc 300. Its a 5 speed and was very hard to find one in this good a condition. Before buying I saw a lot of reviews saying nothing but good things about this vehicle and after a short test drive it was well worth it. It has 226,000 miles but drives perfect. Has 17s ( 235 in the front 255 in the back ) intake, Tokico shocks/struts with Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Lowering Springs.

-JJ
Old 08-17-11 | 05:26 AM
shabbour
Driver School Candidate

hi guys, my name is omar, i live in dubai, im a HUGE fan of soarers and SC's.

my first car which i bought 8 years ago was a US imported 1995 SC400, i was only able to change the rims at that time as i didnt know much about cars. recently i swapped my V8 with a 1jz-gte engine imported from japan. i also added a greddy intercooler, HKS F-con, Apexi boost controller, blitz blow off valve HKS adjustable suspension.

tuners in dubai don't know how to work F-cons and they advised me to buy an Apexi instead, as apparently you can program that manually and adjust the air to fuel ratio yourself.

i just ordered a vertex body kit, and i want to swap my auto tranny with a 5-pd from a supra.

i also want to change my stock twin turbos to a single turbo for more power gains and i REALLY need help with that. i have no idea which is the best turbo to swap with. i also want to change some internals, like the head gasket and the injectors.

you get virtually no parts for soarers here in dubai. i have to order everything from the US or japan. and its not at all common. i have one of around 5 in dubai that are left hand drive, the right hand drives cannot be registered and therefore not road legal.

i would really appreciate any help you guys could offer as ive seen that members here have extensive knowledge when it comes to their soarers and SCs
Old 08-17-11 | 08:22 PM
Blaxxus
Rookie

I'm Ray, from Ontario, Canada!

I own 2 SC400's at the moment and I have a little timeline of both SC's below, don't mind the pictures all of them are cell phone pic's.

My first car was my Black 1992 SC400

I bought her as is in mid-summer, and here's a picture of it the first day I brought it home

So winter arrived, I got myself a set of winter tires and rims from a friend that also owns an SC400. Whenever it snowed, I went out for some winter drifting fun. Usually after a drift session I would give the SC a quick spray down at the car wash and even before (don't ask me why, i'm excessive)

This is how much snow is left on the SC after drifitng...

My winter drifting at it's finest...

Winter was pretty much done, so I decided it was time to throw on the summer wheels...

Long story short, I had the Black SC running for just under a year when I decided it was time to get another one, why? horrible rust on the roof where it meets the windshield, power steering system was leaking badly, lock cylinders were going BAD and I just wanted a mint or close to mint SC with a black interior to start my project car build and this SC wasn't what I needed but I did enjoy it a lot for the time I had it.

I was lucky enough to find a Renaissance Red 1995 SC400 with a black interior in good condition, I picked this one up about 4-5 months ago.

Pictures of it on the dealer lot...

Some pic's after I picked it up from the dealership, had to take it for a wash. The rear passenger 1/4 panel was painted by the dealer cause of a bunch of scratches, ****ty job I know!

Mint interior, just needs a little work as you can see

Day after I wasted no time and swapped in the double din I had on my black SC

One of the OEM wheels were bent so I swapped the wheels from my black SC to my red SC...

At the moment I'm saving up to make my Renaissance Red SC400 factory mint, and then comes the mod's

Just to give you guys an idea of what I want my SC to look like, here's my inspiration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_CzEpW5Zcw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7XD8VE3Mo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24hX7_3vTY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3RDqyT35j8

Last edited by Blaxxus; 08-17-11 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-19-11 | 12:32 PM
Uncivilize
Driver School Candidate

Hey wuz up I'm Jay from South Florida I just bought my first 1999 sc400 looking to play with it a little car already has some exterior work done to it up graded wheels carbon fiber hood and front spoiler pics coming soon .
Old 08-20-11 | 07:41 AM
Zipposo
Driver School Candidate

Default New member from Sweden

Hey guys,
My name is Samuel and im a new member from Sweden

Picked up an Soarer from UK and drove it home to Sweden.
Its an 91 tt soarer that im gonna fix a bit.
Its jade green colour and its almost mint in the paintwork.

Gonna start out with some rims and coilovers to get some stance.
Then im gonna do a boost up on the engine.

Here is a pic from when i drove the car home.

Old 08-20-11 | 08:50 AM
PearlESC3
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys my name is Eric, I live in chandler, az and i just bought my 92 pearl white sc300. also bought a 1 jz single turbo vvt-i longblock!
Old 08-20-11 | 03:17 PM
Uncivilize
Driver School Candidate

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the pic of my car
Old 08-22-11 | 08:15 AM
srsinc
Driver School Candidate

Default New to site

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and look forward to having some great conversations with many of you down the road.

I'm located in Toronto Ontario in Canada. I'm currently restoring my 1992 SC400, with a 1UZ-FE VVT-i motor swap. I'm putting the GS400 tranny on with paddle shifting. If anyone has any tips on the swap it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also looking for the complete engine harness for a 2000 SC400 VVT-i if anyone has a spare kicking around.

Cheers,

Brad
Old 08-22-11 | 11:00 AM
VINCE9164
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaHundreds
Hey guys!!! I'm a proud owner of a 1995 Lexus sc400 pearl white!!! Just picked her up tonight!!

Use to have a 2008 evo 10 heres some pics

Love this car....have a lot of plans for it...will start a build thread ASAP I'll post pics tomorrow
I am in no position to tell you what to build, but judging on your evo x you should be able to boost a SC4 easily. Good luck and welcome
Old 08-23-11 | 11:22 AM
Chevy
Driver School Candidate

Hi my name is Chris i've actually been a lurker for some time now and i've finally decided to join i bought an Sc400 about six months ago i put a kit rims and some other basic stuff.... And yes ppl call me chevy because i have quite a few chevy's but i have always been a muscle car fan and the lexus is just sexy especially the Sc400. I pretty much decided to join because these are new and excitng grounds for me and i wanna learn and ask all i can in this forum to have my Sc400 be one of the top cars here hopefully im on the right track.....will post pick of car when i learn how this forum stuff is still new to me and i feel like a total newb
Old 08-24-11 | 02:07 AM
slappinSC3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by levie
this one is so nice!
Thanks for the love guys
Old 08-24-11 | 12:08 PM
Arkansas
Pole Position

My name is James, bought a 1992 SC400 with some quirks. First V8 vehicle if owned and lovin it.
Old 08-24-11 | 01:56 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Hi all. Names Rasham and I (will eventually) drive a 93 sc300. I am a former mustang guy, but the economy weight and performance in the sc was better than that of a lincoln mark VIII. Plus these look so much better. Anyway this is my second import and first toyota, so I joined up to learn and contribute any of my general knowledge I can.

Back to the car. It's a white 93 sc300, 182k on her. I bought her yesterday. Unfortunately its an auto, but it was a steal considering the things I need to fix are easy. As of now it is bone stock and will stay that way until I fix the glaring problem of replacing the cooling fan blade and shroud and probably a lot of other components as a preventative measure.
Old 08-28-11 | 09:15 PM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Default Nissan guy thinking about crossing over to the dark side

Hello everyone just wanted to say Hi. I'm mostly a Nissan guy and I currently have a 90 Twin Turbo Z but have been thinking about crossing over to a 2jz platform. I'm looking around my area for a clean SC with the intent to either boost the 2jz-ge or switch it out for a GTE. Just here doing a little research on the cars and trying to get a feel for the level of skill is needed to work on the SC platform. I'm not slouch to working on cars. I've learned most of what i know on the Z, which some of you know is a PITA to work on. Thanks for what looks like a great forum with a wealth of knowledge.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!