SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-11, 01:33 AM
jamie72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shfordman
hey everyone my name is ronald i just bought a 1993 lexus sc 300 about a month ago and im ready to start making performace upgrades.

i had a few questions on what setup i should go with and what turbo would be best for my car. anyones feed back and idea are all good with me. so what do you guys think?
Hey there and welcome you will find this site AWSOME for any mods or upgrades just look in the different section's for the sc300/sc400, these guys have helped me immensly dont tell them that though they will get a big head!!! lmfao!!
anyway welcome and any indavidual problems you have just ask someone here will definaltey help you..
Old 11-28-11, 10:17 AM
TomShanK
Driver School Candidate

Hey, my name is Tom and I just picked up a '95 SC300.

Just got hit with my first $1600 in repair bills and am in a phase of hating the car that comes and goes. Being a dealer maintained car all it's life means it will probably be the last bit of repair bills for a while, and it has a few goodies that make me believe I am under the age of 65 and therefore should own this car.

Tokico Blues Performance Shocks (Stance GR+ en route)
17x7 Fusion wheels with 7 spline lug nuts that didn't come with a key. Joy Joy.
JDM BS Toyota Supra dual-can exhaust, looks cool.
Apexi-style Intake
Unorthodox Pulley Set

Previous owner bought the parts out of the Autozone catalogue i think, but it handles and sounds a little better than stock. Unfortunately, he also thought that spray paint was a good solution to the clear coat peeling on the mirror and wing, and the overspray makes me want to punt small children. Time to go into the detailing forums and read up....
Old 11-28-11, 04:21 PM
Shfordman
Driver School Candidate

hey everyone as i said before i have a 93 lexus sc300 and i have a few questions as in which turbo set up should i go with...i see alot of ppl go with single exhaust y is that? isnt dual exhaust better? and i will have pic of my car coming soon
Old 11-29-11, 07:53 AM
GitFast
Driver School Candidate

Default Fng

Hi my names Evan but people call me Spears-Brooks

I recently enlisted in the Marines and am set to leave for bootcamp on March 5, But in the meantime I bought a 1995 Lexus SC300, Manual transmission. which i plan to give to my family while im gone. Only owned this thing for about a month and im allready getting the tuning bug but i cant decide what to do with it.

I want to go hellaflush, lower it, nice rims nice soundsystem all that stuff keep in the spirit of its a luxury car.

But other times I want to just make it go fast, at heart thats all i do like cars that are loud, and fast. everything in the car has to have a purpose if it doesn't make it safer, faster, or street legal it doesn't belong on it.

so im between a rock and a hard place as you can see. I've allready bought some cheap rims ($50 off craigslist) that im repainting, blacked out the headlights, tinted windows and stripped the interior (need to sell for cash or go fast goodies, or redo as black)
Old 11-29-11, 03:34 PM
Essarod
Driver School Candidate

Hello everybody I'm Essarod I own a white 1993 sc400 with 96k miles,it's a very clean car. I'm still tryn to figure out how to post my pics This is my 2nd sc400 my first one was the same as this one I love this car.
Old 12-01-11, 10:48 PM
SmokeySC
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Oh Harro !
The name is Adrian, people call me Smokey. Just picked up a 94' SC400 black with cream interior. 225k and only $1700! and the best part is it came with smog results for the last 11 years, and complete vehicle service history; not to mention all the original manuals as well as the freekin accessory brochure! needless to say I am besides myself in how well the car performs, all the creature comforts, and the overall look and feel of it. only draw back is the 80+ dollars at the pump per fill lol. Currently in California, I will be driving it to Florida in the morning. hopefully Toyota's "Legendary" reliability will help me a little bit. wish me luck!
Old 12-02-11, 06:32 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeySC
Oh Harro !
The name is Adrian, people call me Smokey. Just picked up a 94' SC400 black with cream interior. 225k and only $1700! and the best part is it came with smog results for the last 11 years, and complete vehicle service history; not to mention all the original manuals as well as the freekin accessory brochure! needless to say I am besides myself in how well the car performs, all the creature comforts, and the overall look and feel of it. only draw back is the 80+ dollars at the pump per fill lol. Currently in California, I will be driving it to Florida in the morning. hopefully Toyota's "Legendary" reliability will help me a little bit. wish me luck!
SmokeySC, sounds like you got a really good deal...you shouldn't have any problems as long as the maintenance checks out! Post up some pics when you get it, and always have a safe trip!
Old 12-03-11, 12:01 AM
redsc40093
Driver School Candidate

hey guys my name is wayne and i am a new member of CL iwas trying to post pics of my car but unable to can some one tell me how to do that thank you.
Old 12-05-11, 01:16 AM
jamie72
Driver School Candidate

Default How to post pics

Originally Posted by redsc40093
hey guys my name is wayne and i am a new member of CL iwas trying to post pics of my car but unable to can some one tell me how to do that thank you.
Hey there matey and welcome,!! i have found that photobucket is good for pics,,what ever picturews you have just upload them and then just copy the [IMG] link code underneath the pic,all done..
Anyway here is a link to photobucket its free to register,you dont pay a thing.

http://photobucket.com/

Hope this helps!!
Old 12-05-11, 01:20 AM
jamie72
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Essarod
Hello everybody I'm Essarod I own a white 1993 sc400 with 96k miles,it's a very clean car. I'm still tryn to figure out how to post my pics This is my 2nd sc400 my first one was the same as this one I love this car.
Same as the advice i gave above just follow this and you should be fine,you dont have to use photobucket,you can use imageshak or other but i found this the best and easiest for this site...Welcome to the madness!!!

i have found that photobucket is good for pics,,what ever picturers you have just upload them and then just copy the [IMG] link code underneath the pic,all done..
Anyway here is a link to photobucket its free to register,you dont pay a thing.

http://photobucket.com/

Hope this helps!!
Old 12-05-11, 12:12 PM
micdjunior
Driver School Candidate

Hey all. My Name is Mike - I just joined this morning. I'd been looking for a new daily that wasn't completely ordinary... stumbled upon the SC400 and rave reviews about reliability past 100k, build quality, etc. I checked a few out this past week and ended up picking out a '99 with 137k on the clock for a steal of a deal. Drove it back home 350 miles at 27mpg, and wow. For its age/miles, this thing is scary quiet inside! Nice OEM stereo, too.

Anyhow... this looked like THE place for information on these cars (seeing as I was constantly running into links to this site while doing my research), so here I am! I'll include the only photo I have of it thus far... took it at a gas station on the way home with 'ye old cell phone. I was a vehicle photographer for a few years, so I'm looking forward to taking some pics of it once I get it all cleaned up... assuming winter doesn't cover it in snow this week.

Name:  SC4001.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  110.9 KB

Here's a photo of my other car, a '93 TT Z32 with a few mods. The SC actually appeals to me in the same way the Z does, aesthetically. Nice organic forms.

Name:  zzzzzza.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  114.9 KB

Name:  26811264.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  133.4 KB

Name:  98531060.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  257.9 KB

Name:  ZZZ6.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  140.5 KB
Old 12-05-11, 01:19 PM
jamie72
Driver School Candidate

Welcome,nice SC seems to very straight,as for the nissan not really interested,ive had R34's before i got my first SC and have to admit there is no comparison,would definatley like to see some more pics of your SC you have there,but please no more Nissan's its making me vomit!!!Lmfao!!... lol only kidding.
Anyway welcome you will find heaps of DIY here and the help here is amazing,i first got SC400 a year ago just after i sold my R34,i thought id be fine doing this SC all my self,but to my amazment i found SC's are way more complicated then any nissan,so i joined here at club Lexus and have vurtually completed my car from all the post and advice from others here....so you should have no probs with Tech stuff here..
Anyway thats enough of my babbling ,welcome to the Lexus thinktank!! lol
Old 12-05-11, 06:29 PM
cameratoaa
Rookie

Default Proud new owner of a 98 SC400

Hello!

New to the forums and just picked up my new 98 SC400on 12/3/11.

Its black on tan, 71,650 miles and super clean except for the usual little body scratches/marks that come up on a black car. Its loaded except for heated seats and TRAC (cali car) Everything on it works except the trunk support struts and the CD changer has no power to it...Ill figure those out from info on the forums.

It was originally from Cali, then it lived in Arizona for 9 years and was sold to a guy in Pennsylvania who had it for 6 months but sold it to me for $11,000. It now lives in the Akron/Canton area of Ohio.

Some pictures from the day I got it...once I get the inside cleaned up a bit more I will add more of the inside.

Thought I would share my other car too, 1991 Camry LE SW with 192,620 miles on it.

Last edited by cameratoaa; 12-05-11 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-05-11, 09:45 PM
sclee00
Rookie

Hello CL,
this place is awwwwesssommmmmeee!!!

Names josh, tired my hand on a play with words with my username lol.
picked up a 94 SC300 5sp, with 97 front and rear bumper and 19s. seems like sd noone carries tires for them lol, love it t death. It has its ups and down but love it all the same. ive been trolling on CL for a while good stuff
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-387436_2467789048994_1080348518_2578554_1542140896_n.jpg  

Last edited by sclee00; 12-07-11 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-06-11, 05:15 PM
Drunkinche
Driver School Candidate

Purchased this car from South Carolina last week. In the process of cleaning her up and Fixing the NA-T issues.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!