SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 01:01 AM
npiep
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. I got 95 sc400 about a year ago and fell in love with it. I got it stock for a great deal here locally($4000). Ive done all the work to it. Its got 17 inch mb battles, megan racing coilovers, and exhaust work. The first picture is when i bought the car and the second one is what it looks like now. Its got 205,xxx(its my dd) and still going strong. Its the best car ive ever had. Looking forward to some more upgrades on it. Love this site too. Tons of info on it.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-2011-06-18_19.24.02.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo25.jpg  
Old 07-07-12, 02:51 PM
victorvaj
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the Lexus SC scene

What Up guys,

I bought my 95 Lexus SC400 2 weeks ago. I did 6 months of research in cars I wanted to buy. I gotta say, I made a great investment.

Vic
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-me1.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-me2.jpg  
Old 07-09-12, 01:09 PM
ScDre
Driver School Candidate

Default additional member

Hello the name is ScDre, joined today, and i hope i can learn, and help out as much as i can with community. I recieved my 94 sc400 during tax season last year, and been fixing minor problems to get it to run normal before i go and mod it to my likes. I just want it to have nice exhaust for that v8, coilovers, rims, tires, black interior, black leather seat covers for now. Paid $2,100, and it had 174,000 on it, sitting with 176,000 now. Cellphone pics not uploading
Old 07-09-12, 04:20 PM
SCyaaj
Driver School Candidate

19yr just pickeded up a 98 sc400, dont know what to do to it. Got $3k to spend.
Old 07-09-12, 08:41 PM
Smashtoad
Driver School Candidate

Default Greetings from Indiana

Hi all,

I just bought this 1999 SC300 and have fallen in love. It has 92K miles and is pretty freakin clean, aside from some minor dings and such. I paid 6K for it and wouldn't sell it for 8K...maybe 10K...but definately not 8K. The undercarriage is spotless, and the timing chain, or belt, whatever that thing is...ha...has been changed recently along with a bunch of seals.

There is a 2001 IS300 for sale here in Indy that is pretty freakin sweet too. It just came up for sale, if I would have seen it sooner my choice would have been harder. But, there is a lot to be said for this pearlescent, low slung coupe. I have been driving Intrepids (2 of them) for fifteen years, so needless to say, this coupe feels great to me.

My wife and I took it on a four hour drive this weekend, and it was heaven. The gentleman I bought it from put in a killer sony stereo and sound-insulated the trunk...so it will rock your world. I have never had a car that could thump louder than I was comfortable with before distorting, and as an ACDC fan...I was...uh...rockin.

I am hoping to get a lot out of this forum. I plan to keep this car till she dies, and I figure you folks are the crew to help me do that.

I don't plan to add any ground effects, but I do want some thin five spoke rims (I'm just not a multi-spoke guy), and hope to tweak the engine in any way I can to increase fuel economy and perfornance (priority on performance). Not sure why this pic won't post. I post pics to forums a lot, so I know I'm doing it right...weird. Any thoughts?

Name:  SC300web.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  29.0 KB

Last edited by Smashtoad; 07-09-12 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-10-12, 07:46 AM
TexLexSC
Rookie

Default New 95 SC4 owner saying hello

Hello CL.
My name is Chris, I live in DFW Tx and I just bought a 95 SC400 two weeks ago. It is black on black with oem chrome wheels (gold emblems) & is 100% bone stock. It has 120k and was a one owner Texas car.

This is my first SC but I owned a 94 TT Supra 11 years ago and I was surprised when I drove this car how much it reminded me of that car.

My last "sports car" was a 91 NSX that I loved VERY much but was rear ended while stopped at a traffic light. I was very active in the NSX community and spent for than $15k modding that car. When it got hit my first instinct was to fix my poor baby back to its former glory but the NSX was never very practicle for a family man anyway so I decided to go another route. After a couple of years driving a Ridgeline I got the itch for a car again and decided to look around at 90's imports I hadn't owned before and was surprised at how cheap SC's had become so I looked for the right one for awhile and pulled the trigger on this one. It will be my DD.

I mentioned owning a few other 90's imports. I've owned a 94 Supra TT, 300zx TT, SL500, 91 NSX and now this SC4. The NSX was my favorite but the Supra had the best performance and versatility of the group. I will never own a Mercedes again and the 300zx was a real POS despite being 90% Rod Millen upgraded. This SC seems to scratch the itch for now.

Problems I've noticed so far with my SC:
My tilt doesn't work (seen the DIY fix), drivers side AC vent is broken, the starter briefly seems to run after the car starts, pass seat is missing the top power recline button, stereo sounds pretty crappy, gauge needles on tach & speedo sometimes have a dead stop near the numbers, the tach sometimes needs a love tap on the dash to come to life, the drivers side seat bolster is a bit worn, missing the little hook that keeps the driver floor mat in place, the chrome paint on 2 of the center caps of the wheels is badly peeling, the gold emblems are faded and the fog lights are not working. All in all pretty minor stuff for a 17 yr old car. It also has the expected amount of minor exterior bumps and bruises. The worst offender being the missing SC400 emblem on the back.

My immediate plans are to gather the parts I'm missing and to fix the minor DIY stuff first. Then maybe some isx50 wheels and a very minor drop. Next i'll probably upgrade the brakes with either the LS400 or Supra swap and them maybe do something with the body. In between there I'm sure I'll upgrade all of the lighting and replace the stereo. Probably allot more too as I spot good deals here and there.

So that's about it. I'll be reading the forum daily and doing my best to catch up on all the DIY threads and what not. If anyone local has any stuff that I'm looking for or wants to hang out sometime just shoot me a PM. Sorry no pics but this was all typed on my iPhone and I'm not sure if I can even attach pics using a mobile device?
Old 07-11-12, 06:50 PM
ek9yadig
Driver School Candidate

Default my str8 8

this is my 92 lexus sc400 u already!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-541740_2286444415950_257558639_n.jpg  
Old 07-11-12, 07:03 PM
ek9yadig
Driver School Candidate

Default str8 8

side shot of my sc
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-556235_2180935138284_1694114974_1042704_1226396072_n.jpg  
Old 07-12-12, 08:14 PM
sc6spd4ya
Driver School Candidate

Default new member

hello cl guys im also a new member here & im currently building my 93 sc300 with a fully built gte transplant,6 spd trans,rps triple disk carbon carbon clutch,twin turbo diff with billet mounts & majestic billet diff cover,trd diff,twin turbo axles,aem version 2,id 2000 injectors,titan motorsports fuel rail,greddy 4 row intercooler,gtx4202r 102mm 1.28ar,a/c& power steering will still remain,wire tucked & mil-spec harness by wireworx from apopka,lot of things still not listed,ill list them as i will post some pics soon from the build!!!!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-iphone-pics-084.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-iphone-pics-085.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-new-set-up-059.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-new-set-up-052.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-new-set-up-057.jpg  

Old 07-12-12, 08:30 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc6spd4ya
hello cl guys im also a new member here & im currently building my 93 sc300 with a fully built gte transplant,6 spd trans,rps triple disk carbon carbon clutch,twin turbo diff with billet mounts & majestic billet diff cover,trd diff,twin turbo axles,aem version 2,id 2000 injectors,titan motorsports fuel rail,greddy 4 row intercooler,gtx4202r 102mm 1.28ar,a/c& power steering will still remain,wire tucked & mil-spec harness by wireworx from apopka,lot of things still not listed,ill list them as i will post some pics soon from the build!!!!
Yo I knew your build specs looked familiar.

Jared here!
Old 07-14-12, 02:24 PM
56fordman
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member

Just joined the forum. Bought a wonderful 1994 SC400 last week. It only has 14,000 miles on it & the engine compartment and undercarriage look like it just rolled off the assembly line. It's black with tan interior & chrome wheels. Only thing I'm not crazy about is that it has the "Gold Package." I may look for standard chrome emblems to erase that image. I'm anxious to start browsing the forum & communicating with others that love these cars as much as I do.

:By the way, Ian engineer at Toyota's Technical Center in Saline, Michigan. We do engineering design for many of the Toyota vehicles that are assembled in the US. The SC is going to be my daily driver & many of my coworkers are quite envious of it.
Old 07-15-12, 11:19 AM
SRTSC
Rookie

Originally Posted by 56fordman
Just joined the forum. Bought a wonderful 1994 SC400 last week. It only has 14,000 miles on it & the engine compartment and undercarriage look like it just rolled off the assembly line. It's black with tan interior & chrome wheels. Only thing I'm not crazy about is that it has the "Gold Package." I may look for standard chrome emblems to erase that image. I'm anxious to start browsing the forum & communicating with others that love these cars as much as I do.

:By the way, Ian engineer at Toyota's Technical Center in Saline, Michigan. We do engineering design for many of the Toyota vehicles that are assembled in the US. The SC is going to be my daily driver & many of my coworkers are quite envious of it.
Was that the one on ebay? If so, awesome car and congrats.
Old 07-16-12, 04:02 AM
Djfoho
Rookie

Default new user

hello all! my name is Fareed im new to these forums been lurking for some time though recently bought a 95 SC 300 a few days ago cant stop grinning from ear to ear whenever i am in it i absolutely love that car! its in the shop at the moment but i do have some derpy pics i am willing to share i would happily share any knowledge i know and would love to learn as much as possible and participate in the community, im from Washington in college i do game testing and i advise people with there finances i love cars i drive a honda and recently my lexus lol idk what else to say xD
Old 07-17-12, 11:43 AM
seankohl
Driver School Candidate

Default New to Club Lexus

my name is Sean Kohl i live in Prestonsburg Ky i just bought a 94 SC300 i have always been a fan of the Lexus and Toyota 1jz and 2jz but never thought i would be able to own one but i found this car and fell in love with it it is Hot Rod mate black with 18" american racing chrome rims and some knockoff coil overs but it rides good and sits good but i will change them the engine is stock other then the Brian Crower s2 264/264 cams and HKS exhaust its non turbo but i would love to turbo it if i could afford it and paint it but i like the mate black ive been around cars all my life and love hands on working on them so this will be fun
Old 07-17-12, 11:47 AM
seankohl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sc6spd4ya
that civic is identical to my old car lol!

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!