SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-12, 03:23 PM
sandysbiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parts needed, quality and price matter

Hi,
I am saundra and am looking for parts for a 94 Lexus ES300. I am needing a hood and headlight assembly for passenger side.
Can anyone please direct me to a reliable source? I thank you very much!
Old 10-13-12, 09:50 PM
Jakegoods
Driver School Candidate

Hey. I'm jake. Picked up a 97 sc300 2 weeks ago. I'm in Missouri, came her from Japan. Not new to the Toyota scene, had a soarer, 90 chaser and mark2' a 100 chaser, a soarer and an 83 corolla...also had a few nissans and a Mazda. I picked it up full stock, Got my aero in, pulled rear fenders and rolled the front. Shaved and welded the trunk. I'm currently fitting the front bumper, it was a cheaper kit so needed some work but for the price wasn't bad. I was trying to post a photo, not sure how...I'm not a big computer/forum/Facebook geek so some help would be appreciated. Tried using the galleries but it said I don't have permission.
Old 10-15-12, 12:09 PM
turbo95SC
Rookie

Talking New to the community!

Hey everyone my name is Bryan and I am new to the Club Lexus forum and new to the Lexus owner's club. I just picked up a 1995 SC300 w/ manual transmission. It's got tons of mods done to it, including a twin turbo 2JZGTE swap, and over the next few months I plan on doing some upgrades to take it to the next level. It's currently making 415 whp and 416 wtq on 13psi. If you'd like to know more about the build, feel free to ask!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_1147.jpg  
Old 10-16-12, 12:06 AM
cwick207
Driver School Candidate

Hey all,
Chad here from socal.

Just got a 97 300 with 50K original miles on it and bone stock. (grandmas weekend car)!
Old 10-16-12, 12:40 AM
ram57ta
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello guys n gals hows it going?

Currently haven't purchased a Lexus YET but am trying to decided if its something I want to do. At 41 yrs of age I've owned many cars and trucks....Honda, Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac, and Toyota. In the early days I owned cars because they were either given to me by my parents (79 Monte Carlo, 82 Regal), or because they were slightly better, newer, or offered a possible upgrade over what I owned at the time (85 Prelude). Growing up in the 70's and 80's I watched as Toyota and Datsun (Nissan), and Mazda grew from Corona's, B210's, and Corolla's to 280ZX Turbo's, Celica Supras, and RX7's. In 93' thru a FORTUNATE accident I picked up an 83' Celica Supra 5spd with 56k miles on it and cemented my love for Toyota performance cars and tinkered and played with it for 3yrs adding about 50rwhp with a 6MGE swap and dropping over a 1 sec. in the quarter before it died from a DWI rear-end collision. I had also just recently picked up an 83 Buick T-Type Regal (turbo) to play with but it wasn't to be as its carbed v6 was trashed. A car I had been watching since about 92 was the Lexus SC300 and 400 but they were WAY beyond my price range. I started a new job and picked up a 94 Pontiac T/A, and then shortly afterward was offered an 85 Buick Grand National for cheap so I picked it up. While the T/A was loud (especially after mods), it never had the build quality, the smoothness, or the classy looks of my Supra. The Buick....well....its fast...really fast...IN A STRAIGHT LINE.....but it doesn't handle, doesn't brake well, lets face it...its an 85 Buick Regal with a strong motor. I just recently sold the T/A. I am looking for a replacement for the T/A....but I keep wanting to get back to what I lost with my Supra....good looking, smooth, fast, comfortable...CLASSY......all those put together....not to mention the prices as of lately...lead me to an old favorite...the Lexus SC300/400. I've realized that for the money....not many cars will go as fast as my Buick. Its not quite the classy luxury car that is an SC300/400, but is easily the cheaper hot-rod of the two. Given I'm not that concerned about making an SC300 into a monster...I think I'm more interested in an SC400 for daily duty as an all-rounder luxury coupe. SO...where do I start in finding a great condition SC400? I really want to know what to look for when I'm looking at them used so I can avoid another money pit. Mileage doesn't scare me...condition does. What are the common problems to look out for? I expect to be ready to buy something in the next 6 months. A little TLC doesn't bother me as long as its not serious (body damage, significant drivetrain problems, electrical issues). Help guide me into a good Lexus SC400 purchase.
Old 10-16-12, 06:31 PM
mofeel
Driver School Candidate

whats goin on? Im Aaron and Im new to lexus in general. I just picked up a 1993 sc300 5speed. Its mainly stock. Just has the supra mk4 na wheels on it and the mufflers were cutoff. plan on lowering and turboing it soon.Name:  IMG_20120908_120533.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  273.9 KB
Old 10-16-12, 11:36 PM
driver88
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys what up my name is Sean and about a year and a half ago I bought a DWP 92 sc300 super clean(5 speed), and just started to get active on the fourms. I came from the "Honda" seen but I know you dont really care lol. I got tired of all the little kids and idiots that are into hondas...I was a old Prelude owner not those stupid BS civics haha! Also unlike most Honda owners I only bought legit parts. You have to pay to play...RIGHT?!?! Well I've moved on to my first Toyota and I LOVE it. Never going back to Honda, Toyota makes a more superior car for sure. My car is stock (engine wise) I Have suspension and some Veilside Mesh Rims which I am trting to sell them so I can mount my Equips I recently bought and thats about it, just other misc parts JDM sidemarkers, 97 taillights,JDM Visors and am looking for the SOARER front emblem. If anyone knows where to get one or has one PM me please Anyways everyone so far seems pretty cool on the lexus fourms. Good to join the lexus crew!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0954.jpg  

Last edited by driver88; 10-16-12 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-17-12, 02:28 PM
crenfro
Driver

Hello!

I'm Cooper I'm 17 years old and I recently got a 1992 SC400, it's my first actual car in my name, I'm so happy haha.

First off, I know a lot about cars my whole family is into cars and my dad used to own a shop and work on cars.

The car is in great shape engine wise and mechanically, but the interior needs some minor work. The window is out of track on the driver side door (easy fix) and also the panel needs to be redone or something because its coming off. Other than that the cars in pretty good shape and looks great as well.

Heres some pics

Old 10-17-12, 06:25 PM
subrosa1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mofeel
whats goin on? Im Aaron and Im new to lexus in general. I just picked up a 1993 sc300 5speed. Its mainly stock. Just has the supra mk4 na wheels on it and the mufflers were cutoff. plan on lowering and turboing it soon.
Whoever you got that from tried trading that to me haha

But anywho hello everyone! dont own an sc yet I am in the process of trying to come up on a trade for my sr20det 240sx might be meeting up with one guy hopefully he's down Ive wanted an sc300 for so long and deffinately going to make it happen now! I wanted to put it up for trade here but you gotta do the 30 posts 30 days thing so I guess I just gotta lurk before I try and buy anybodies car on here, but hopefully be apart of your family soon!
Old 10-18-12, 03:59 PM
BSkipper
Driver School Candidate

Hello fellow Lexus lovers! My name is Bill and I recently purchased my first Lexus, it's a red 95 sc400 and has been not treated very well. I plan on changing that. The interior is all but trashed. (seats, center console, door panels are really bad.) She's getting all that fixed (a little at a time as budget permits) and a little body massage and paint. I got a buddy that owes me a favor and has some rims that'd look sweet on her. I will post some pics as soon as I can figure out how. (Older guy....not too good on a computer..LOL) Thanx for a great forum! Feel free to PM? (is that what they call it?) me If I can figure out how to I'll respond to all.
Old 10-20-12, 09:12 AM
severendvr
Driver School Candidate

Sup my name is Eric
I've been around here before and most recently picked up a 97 SC400 to daily, hopefully it stays simple lol
Old 10-20-12, 09:46 PM
Trax
Driver School Candidate

Just got a SC300 thought I'd introduce myself.

Name is Richard and I am new to the Lexus community but not new to cars. I own a Nissan 240sx (Pauline) that I have been working on for about 5 years now. Got the SC for a crazy deal and decided what the hell might as well try it out.

Im a big seller on the Nissan forum and hope to really get into these cars and I will stock pile parts and hopefully start selling parts for you guys. Eh enough with the boring stuff on to the pics...

The new Lexus...

Name:  IMG-20120914-00481.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  57.0 KB

Engine shot (Nothing special unless you like blue couplers.. donated by my 240 parts.)

Name:  IMG-20120912-00464.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  59.9 KB

Did the spark plugs and that was fun :/

And my baby the Nissan 240sx

Name:  IMG_3715.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  123.0 KB

Name:  IMG_3718.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  104.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3726.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  134.1 KB
Old 10-21-12, 01:45 PM
HellaDope
Driver School Candidate

hi guys, my name is john. i turned 16 a couple months ago and my mom gave me her '95 SC400 i ve been asking since i was 14 if i can have it when i turn 16 and she did she gave it to me. um its pretty bang up she had a front and rear quartewr panel collision so ive been working on fix that and painting it did a few small mods added a front lip and injen intake everything else i spent on repairing it and hopefully i plan on repainting it soon but ive been of the SC for i dont know how long so ive been lurking on here for awhile
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo2.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo4.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo3.jpg  
Old 10-21-12, 09:11 PM
subrosa1
Driver School Candidate

posted a couple days ago saying I was going to be buying a sc300 soon and I did it! Bought it from club lexus member NKYSoarer awesome guy held it for me for a day and held it for me for the 7 hour drive there. So far I am very happy with the purchase, my only complaint is going from a s13 on JIC coilovers this thing feels like a BOAT haha but I will be buying coilovers as soon as I find a decent set of used ones or maybe some ez streets, seem alright for the price so feel free to pm if you have some coilovers for sale!

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo1510.jpg

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-tn.jpg
Old 10-22-12, 05:50 PM
diceroller
Driver School Candidate

Default New to CL

Hello! Everyone my name is Arnell. I just bought my Lexi SC 400 she is old but still looks good I must say. I hope to chat with you guys soon. As my journey will take me to new levels.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexi1.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexi2.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexi3.jpg  

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!