SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-13, 04:45 PM
hmallett
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy Lexus fans... Purchased a '95 LS 400 the other day for a steal. I've never owned such a luxurious car. Has 125k kilometers (about 80+k miles) on the ticker, and am guessing I should replace the timing belt for starters. A small, but pesky Power Steering (reservoir?) leak also needs attending to, and I've been looking through the forum for answers--great FAQs, and blogs here. I'm a Toyota fan, so am more than happy with my new 18 year-old auto... Thought I'd buy a used PS pump so I can take a good look at it--maybe attempt it myself, although I'm only a reasonable home-mechanic-type.... Toyota said it might be worth replacing whatever is leaking at the same time as the timing belt, 'while they're in there'.... Makes sense, but this issue might be very simple--like replacing the o-ring on the reservoir, as one member has suggested. Anyhoo, I'll be combing through this website regularly.... ;--) Cheers, HM
Old 01-14-13, 08:12 PM
marvabetic
Rookie

Hello CL members!

My name is Marv and I reside in northern CA. I just picked up a Diamond White Pearl SC400 from my best friend a couple of months ago as a daily driver for my wife. It was well serviced after it was purchased by my friend a year and a half ago and was lucky enough to get him to sell it to me. Here is the current mods on the car.

5 Zigen Fireball Mega Exhaust, lowered on springs with upgraded shocks, rear roof spoiler, staggered 19x8.5F - 19x10R Linea Corse Lemans gold with polished lip wheels.

Upgrades that I have that I need to install:
3 spoke steering wheel, gated shifter, LS400 brakes, and complete replica Auto Couture kit.

Looking for advice on what color to paint the car next month and also a what new rims to purchase because one of my current rims are cracked. I will post pics of the before, during, and after shots of the process of paint and kit install. I don't even know if I will let my wife daily drive this car if it comes out as good as I think its will look!

I have also had many other cars that I have owned and worked on like a 89 240sx, 95 Integra GSR, and 2002 WRX. My current family car is also a Black 98 Lexus GS 400. It lightly modded with lowering springs/bilsteins, black staggered 19inch Varrstoen ES 2.2.1, and a Tanabe Dual exhaust. My personal project and my current joy is a 87 Black RX7 Turbo 2 that I am having rebuilt(one day). Only thing I've done to that is put some BC racing coilovers and added a prothane bushing kit. Too many projects so little money and time.

I hope to help others and post pics of my projects so others can see what options are available for the cars that we own!
Old 01-14-13, 09:52 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CleanSC
Hey Club Lexus!

I've been reading around on the forums for the past couple of months and I am finally getting my first Lexus! It is a 1998 SC300 Titanium ? (silver with a light touch of blue). It is an automatic transmission but I believe they stopped making it in a manual after 1997? (Probably a discussion for another forum.) Now for the best part the car has black interior along with 70,000 original miles and was purchased in California. The owner (orignal) then shipped it to Florida and then up to Ohio where it now presides. So yes, I will be the SECOND owner of a car who saw snow for the FIRST time this winter. I will be picking it up this Sunday and will DEFINITELY make sure to upload lots of pictures. Absolutely cannot wait to drive the car back!
great pickup! upload those pics
Old 01-15-13, 11:28 AM
yeSaC300
Driver School Candidate

Waddup club lexus i just got myself a 1992 dwp 5spd sc300. These things are sick!!!

From what i have been reading on here, i basically have all the usual sc problems. Led guage light is out. Trunk struts. The super heavy doors are hilarious when others try to close them.

Its definitly a huge upgrade from what i had lol. It was a 1994 celica st (very very bad car)
Old 01-17-13, 05:19 PM
GordonDET
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New old member sc400

LOL, I guess I am a new old member. I must have joined back in 2006 when I was trying to find out how to fix my brother in laws 2000 es300 with 50k miles. It had the sludge. RIP crappy engine.

I just bought a 92 sc400 and searching the web for info on my new project, DD, etc. found some good info on this site and tried to register, name was taken....... hmmm never had that problem before, tried a few old passwords,,,, oh crap guess it was me. Onward.

I just sold my 95 240sx. Sr20det swapped, modded, etc. (thats where the DET in my user name comes in) Did all the mods myself, sr engine rebuild, engine swap, suspension, etc. the only thing a mechanic did to it when I owned it (13 tears) was 1 oil change.

So being without a rwd coupe I decided to buy my best friends dad's car. A 92 SC400 (I love a RWD 2dr coupe). It's completely stock, for now . but knowing me it will not be for long. It has the usual problems, dark speedo, odometer, needles, week trunk struts, etc. I really like this car! It's frickin built like a tank. The door hinge is a thing of beauty. (actually my favorite part of the car so far. It was maintained to a high standard. I'll be keeping this one.
Old 01-17-13, 07:21 PM
94Soarer
Rookie

Hey guys new to the forum ! I a 1994 Toyota Soarer With the 1jz in it with the 5 speed standard love the car ! amazing to drive and will be doing some mods this summer just picked up some ls400 brakes as well for her the other day !
Old 01-19-13, 05:57 PM
vardantuz
Driver School Candidate

Soooo, anybody got a Mishimoto in their SC400's? I'm debating on which transmission cooler I should get because the stock one will either be no longer sufficient or that it will have to come out due to the Mishimoto supra radiator. Should I go with a Mishimoto transmission cooler too?
Old 01-19-13, 07:02 PM
Celtica
Driver

Hi all, I now have this pearl white '98 SC400 that belonged to my dad for the last few years but he got a Tundra and surprised my wife and me by giving us his car after Thanksgiving. It's all stock and by far the nicest car I've ever had. We love it !

Name:  IMG_0235_zps91b00399.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  147.0 KB[/IMG]
Old 01-19-13, 08:20 PM
SlamCoupe4
Driver School Candidate

my name is Steve and I just purchased my 92 sc400 for 650 dollars. the ecm went out recently. need a new 1. a little body work is needed but nothing serious. its a future project daily driver. if anybody knows where I can get a reasonable ecm pm me. thanks and the site is awesome.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 01-20-13, 02:41 PM
unique1391
Driver School Candidate

Default What's up guys, Finally got my hands on an Sc300

Hey everyone, names Rob. I just bought a 92' sc300 Automatic, for dirt cheap, it needs love, but I would appreciate any information you can throw my way, I already took care of the Fuel filter, did the 12V mod with the fuel pump ecu, Ordered the steering rack bushing just the other day waiting for them to come in, also just grabed a front bumper and passanger fender cause the ones on her are messed up, lol. and I need a water pump but with bi-weekly pay that will have to wait tilll the end of the month.
This is my first step into the import scene, I see so much things people do with these as well as the MK4 Supras so I had to get it.
Goal with in the next year or two would be a gte swap with a 6spd, any routes you guys recommend taking. With my past cars I did body, then suspension, breaks, transmission and engine last.
Old 01-20-13, 05:13 PM
SC300T1
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone, new to the Lexus world, have been a 240sx enthusiast since I started wrenching a few years ago. Found an ad on CL, this guy wanted to trade his overheating SC300 5sp for a running car, so I offered him my DD 91 240sx hatch, he expressed interest so I went to look at it.

Changed the thermo which fixed the overheating issue, it still wasnt running right but I made the trade anyways. Figured out the back heater hose was leaking pretty good so I went ahead and replaced it, after replacing the car wouldnt start and when i could get it to start it sounded like 1 cylinder and died. Did some searching on here and saw that the spark plug holes could be filled with coolant.

Took off the throttle body and pulled all the boots...which were full of coolant, all 6 of them. Sucked itout with a wet vac with my custom duct tape/straw attachment. Decided to replace the plugs while i was in there, dried out the boots and cleaned with Q-tips, and now the car is running great. Sounds awesome and no more fluid leaks, only problem is my 2K idle but ill figure that out next.

Excited to start a new project!
Old 01-20-13, 10:27 PM
ThatSC300
Driver School Candidate

My name is Scott Im new to the site. I own a 1995 5speed manual Sc300.
Name:  135_zps638f73f0.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  137.6 KB
right now im running Tein Flex and a set of 20 inch gianelles that i hope to replace soon.
Old 01-21-13, 05:32 AM
VaSC300
Driver School Candidate

Default 93 sc300

I recently acquired a 93 SC300 the car is in pretty good shape , needs some work but I'm totally looking forward to the build. I need to do some basic maint first. Ill get some pics of my SC up here soon. If anyone is in va let me know. I'm looking forward to talking to everyone.
Old 01-22-13, 11:40 AM
1JZRX7
Driver School Candidate

My name is Chad and i own a 97 rennasaince red SC300 in Texas. This will be my second JZ powered vehicle but this one will be a daily driver. Overall everything is in great condition just needs a new driver door panel which apparently is slim pickins cause nobody has them.
Old 01-22-13, 01:36 PM
ladybleu
Driver School Candidate

Wink Greetings

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice welcome.

ladybleu 93 SC300

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!