SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13 | 01:18 AM
ninjaCEO
Driver School Candidate

these 2 as well I'm thinking the one for 2700 but I want the black one because my RX-8 is black.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...657308211.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...647171504.html
Old 03-05-13 | 07:45 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode
CL Folding 25,000

I'd go for the one needing a paint job in a second. Low miles, all you have to do is paint it your desired color and you have a perfect SC to mod. Second choice would be the one with 230k.
For the record, Craigslist links are NOT allowed.
Old 03-05-13 | 07:50 AM
cindytoo
Driver School Candidate

how about just plain old SC lust comments.....I went in the local dealer to buy an SC in 2006 -- and drove away a GS450h instead. It was a very difficult decision. But I took my guitar and mandolin with me and they wouldn't both fit in the trunk so I had to go bigger. Sigh. I still love that car though....if it made sense for me to have two cars - the SC would def be sitting in front of my house right now!
Old 03-05-13 | 09:26 AM
cindytoo
Driver School Candidate

Default intelli...link didn't work

is there a better link?
Old 03-05-13 | 01:37 PM
PhilthySC3
Driver School Candidate

Default Picked up my 92 SC3 today

After some patient waiting I picked up my SC300 today. It is a 1992 and a manual. Only has 76k on it and was owned by one elderly woman who took great care of the car other than some minor damage from hitting her garage. It was always garaged and the interior and engine are amazingly clean for its age. I paid $4500 and think it was a fair price. This is going to be my daily driver for my 20 minute ride to work.

So here are my concerns and things I would like to fix. Any advice on what I should do first and where to go for info would be awesome.

Headlight Condensation, have done some quick research, really do not want to do any baking in an oven, will drilling a small hole help? I am in South Florida so the humidity is high most of the time.

Paint/Body at first I wasnt a fan of the color but a friend at work made a good point that it is a good Florida color because it is light and won't heat up as bad as black or green. I want to keep the car gold and get the body fixed. The paint looks good in most spots other than on the bumper and plastic body parts.

Speedo is broken, only goes to 35 mph and then stays there, LEDs are going in the cluster. I was looking at Lextech.org and they have a service that can repair the speedo and the lighting. Anyone use them before? I am nervous about removing the cluster because I don't want to break anything.

Rims- I really dont like these wheels but the tires have a lot of life left, but after they are done I think Id like to go up to a 16 or 17 gold BBS RS.

I need the SC300 badge for the trunklid.

Couple other minor things but for the most part the car is in amazing shape and I love the sound of the I6.

I am in Jupiter Florida, if there's any other South Florida members, hit me up!

Im going to post some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-profile.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-engine.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-quarter-damage.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-2013-03-05_14-23-54_524.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-headlight-moisture.jpg  

Old 03-05-13 | 01:39 PM
PhilthySC3
Driver School Candidate

Default More Pics

Also came with a BALLER 1992 car phone and even the Lexus First Aid Kit in the trunk!!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-cluster.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-need-badge.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-rims.jpg  
Old 03-05-13 | 06:20 PM
HaulAss935
Driver School Candidate

Default Im glad to be a new sc300 owner!!!!!!!!

Hello all in CL. I've been a browser for a couple months now and decided to join after I picked up my new toy. 92 sc300 5speed. I paid $1,800 for it. the body is clean along with the interior except for the rip in the drivers seat leather. It has 144k on it, leaks a little oil and smokes some from the exhaust. starts right up. I've always been a fan of the sc300, and after I got the ok from the wifey to start a project I went on the hunt and found this. Its going to be a project car that I can take my time with. I WANT THIS TO BE A MONSTER!!!!! any ideas tips comments are appreciated. Do you guys think I did good on the purchase? Im happy to be a member and cant wait to get this going.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0794-1-.jpg  
Old 03-06-13 | 10:35 PM
SOARIN4SF
Driver School Candidate

Smile noobie... My first lexus

Hey errrybody my name is daniel.
i was born and raised here in the city of san francisco. Although i been a long time lurker and first time member to CL, i always loved the SC. My girls dad had one back in the day and i always dreamed of having one of my own. A few month ago i finally found the sc combo i been looking for. I picked up a 98 blk on blk 400 and she is in great condition. She has some paint blemishes and a few door dings but i cant ask for a better find. I just caught up on the maintenance and just started on a few fun stuff like lowering it on tein ss, speakers and double din, interior and exterior lights, and plan on doing some exhaust work next. Im open to any suggestion and advice you guys may have for me and would love to meet some fellow lexus lovers here in nor cal as well so hit me up. i only have two good picture from the day i picked up the car so forgive me if they show much.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo1.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo2.jpg  

Last edited by SOARIN4SF; 03-06-13 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-09-13 | 10:07 AM
coqui2415
Driver School Candidate

I'm member here from south florida. Live in west palm beach. I got a 92 sc.Right now working on replacing the head gasket to a tt head gasket and working the the heads also,then replacing the intake manifold to a aftermarket one.
Old 03-10-13 | 03:15 PM
justinroxx
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello

Hello my name is justin I recently picked up an sc400 for $1500 this is pretty much my first car it does have a few little issues but its still a pretty sweet car I'll try and get some pics of it later today. I am also a big car/motorcycle enthusiast.
Old 03-10-13 | 03:31 PM
MikelYo
Driver School Candidate

Yo,
Got bored though i'd join..
Im Michael from Christchurch, New Zealand. This is my JZZ30 Soarer,
Had for bout 6months now, still in build progress atm but getting there..
Was terrible when i got it, will try find photo to back this up

Couple Specs
-Megan Coilovers
-18x9 Work Euroline on front +30 with 30mm spacer
-18x12 -9 SSR Koenig
-1jz gte, Single T04e
-Manual, (****ty W Box)
-Bride PROS
-Nardi
-Vertex Knock off kit
-Megan Roof Wing

Photo how it is atm, (dont mind spoiler, wasnt attached in pic)

And wee Action Photo
- Skid Rears on in photo, 18x11 -6 SSR Veilside

Look forward to hearing your feedback... Good or bad
Old 03-10-13 | 06:25 PM
FosterD14
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, my name is foster..... I'm from alabama but do to the military i am stationed in fort riley kansas. I pretty recently purchased a 1993 sc 300... I haven't really been into the turner car scene. I found the car on craigslist and fell in love with it. So i sold my other vehicle to buy it... She have some cosmetic issues ( paints fading, passenger side inside door handle broken off, driver side door panel falling apart and the drive side window do not come down.) the only issue that bothers me is that my exhaust is broken. I have a idea of where it broke. But haven't had time to investigate do to being gone for a month of training. I bought obx headers and a down pipe to replace the stock header and down pipe. I may have to replace the cat.. Dunno yet but i am open for any suggestions..
Old 03-10-13 | 10:55 PM
onlydrinkk
Driver School Candidate

Been on the forum for a while lurking in the shadows reading and looking but I guess its time to do an introduction. The name is Paul born and raised Floridian who just loves cars. I'm a fan of all cars because where some see junk I see potential.
Old 03-10-13 | 11:00 PM
kaostunerz
Driver School Candidate

hello all, my name is matthew im currently in alabama got a 93 sc400 daark green, has some cosmetic issues, and some ugly twenties, but im getting rid of them and putting some 18s on it and soon will be going through a atx to mtx swap, and axle flip
Old 03-11-13 | 12:20 PM
glbg
Heel & Toe

Hello everyone, my name is Garry. I just bought an 98 SC300 with a red exterior and cream leather. It needs a lot of TLC. But I think it has potential. I will learn more about this car thru the coming days, month & years. I think this forum is rich in info and helpful members. Thanks

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!