SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-07, 10:35 AM
carson_ny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LAVIsH
hello everyone im from NoR-CALi heres my daily driver for work it gets about 120 miles driven on it a day no mods hella!! comfortable on tien coilovers and volk gtu's

very nice car! my car looks very similar to this! i bought a bunch of mods, new suspension (hipermax ii) and other things.. but realized that i would actually like to keep the car stock since it is my daily!
Old 09-26-07, 12:08 PM
lilshyguy
Driver

Hi, Im new to CL, just bought a 94 sc300 basically stock from some guy and i basically fell in love with this car! driving my sc is like my anti drug! haha but i just wanna meet more people and the things i wanna do to tune this car up
Old 09-26-07, 02:33 PM
Adriankik
Driver School Candidate

Default A New Member From Finland with a 1994 SC400

Adrian Kirkland. 27th September 2007
Living in Espoo Finland.

I have a 1994 LHD lexus SC400 (with the standard Henry Ford black colour (color)).

According to the local LEXUS dealer there are about 3 or 4 Lexus SC300/400 in the whole country. They dont have the technical specifications for this vehicle so they "assume" it's a LX400.

Lexus Finland is now selling and maintaining the SC430 models, but that's not the same as the SC400.

My car appears to be in good shape as it "sails" through the yearly MOT(Ministry Of Transportation) road worthness tests.

Ths car has probably come from the US as the Climate control panel show the temperature in degree F. I would prefer C, but you cannot have every thing.

It has got the usual Sc400 problems (backlights on LCD and some buttons on the Climate Control and Audio system burned out); Plus the car has a mind of its own and tends to wander off course when being driven). Despite these "minor" issues I love this car.
I guess when my local Lexus dealer cannot answer my questions I will turn to this forum for assistance. I also hope I can also contribute as well.

Last edited by Adriankik; 09-26-07 at 02:35 PM. Reason: grammar corrections
Old 09-27-07, 12:35 AM
DAgreenSC
Driver School Candidate

Whats up everybody? I just bought a 93' Green SC400. No mods done to yet (as far as I know). It seems that the previous owner of this car was horrible...the door panel inserts (leather arm rest) plastic brackets are broken. Now, when I lean on my door insert, it does not feel secure! I guess I am going to have to make my own bracket and epoxy it so I can screw the screw back in?

Oh yeah, since mines is a 93, the emblems are not adhesived on, but are snapped into place with holes. The car was purchased with no emblems...SO now, there are holes that look weird. Anybody interested in selling a "lexus" emblem and an "sc400" emblem? Im looking for gold...

Last edited by DAgreenSC; 09-27-07 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-27-07, 01:59 PM
iindicaii
Driver School Candidate

Whats Crackin Club Lexus
Esteban here from San Diego. I hope this isnt to much. Long long time lurker. Im posting case i need to build a car already(been say im gonna for a year), i just got done riding in my friend’s 1j swapped 87 supra, which ive ridden in many times before, but we just got done doing the cams, and man....i gotta get on my project. I have several questions (ive hounded this search function and still have em), but that’s for another post. Anyways, like i stated, i need to build a car. I really just like the 1j power plant and have gone through numerous ideas of what to drop it in. I originally opted for a 89+ Cressida, but everyone i talk to wants to much imo for that car. Finally ready to give up and just drop one into a mk3(nothing personal, just have 4 friends with em). Upon further research i found that 1j was a perfect candidate for the sc, and they’ve grown on my since then. I have done hours of searching this forum and have a wealth of info but unfortunately lost it all in a resent reformate, so now the hunt begins again. Currently rollin in a truck. Had a 85 corolla gts hatch that got stolen a while back. Had a 7m to go in it and everything. Before that i had a 86 corolla coupe sr5(first car), this is now my little sisters daily. When it comes to wrenching, i love working on Toyotas, it’s a passion. Worked on a couple 1j's, several 7m's and pre-runners. Anyways, see you all around and hope we can help one another, feel free to hit me up.

Old 09-29-07, 11:23 AM
termin8or
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. Here are some pics of my SC400. I got this car about 8 months ago and frankly I think that it's been a long strange road. Car is nice now with just a few problems / quirks let to fix. So far I have done plugs, wires,fuel filter,power steering pump, alternator, rear main engine seal, front new trans seal, trans filter & oil change, MAF, Cleaned the throttle body, rreplaced the throttle position sensor, replaced both front OX sensors, replaced numerous dash / speedo lights anyway I know, yada, yada, yada... Been to hell and back getting things right. The car is good now but it still needs the speedo dial lights done, the trunk supports are gone and the passenger window just started acting up yesterday (switch).

I love this car but it has been a pain. I added the 18" wheels I didn't want it to look too getto though so I hope you guys think the look is OK. Anyway, it is traditional 5 spoke.

I use this as my daily driver here in Chicago. ( 85 miles / day). This engine design is soooo smooth and power is so sweet I could never go back to an econobox. I bought this car, a 93 with 134K and I think I can do at least another 100K. Rust free.

Anyway, here are some picks. Sorry couldn't get the pic to upload. Too large of a file. I'll try later
Old 10-01-07, 08:53 AM
Pee Wee
Driver School Candidate

Hello all. I'm looking at getting a 5spd 93 SC300 w/ only 108,000. Has all black interior and is really nice. Does 8k seem like a fair price? Sorry for the noob question. I'm looking to get out of the honda game for good.
Old 10-02-07, 01:53 PM
Lukestew
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone it looks like i can finally post! My names Luke. Im from British Columbia Canada. I am the proud owner of a 1992 SC400.

-18x8.5 350z wheels (to fit around the supra brakes)
-6000k HIDs
-Tein Basics Adjustable Suspension 94-98 Supra
-Apex'i Megaphone exhaust w/custom mid pipe
-Apex'i Supra Turbo Power Intake
-B&M Fuel Pressuse Gauge
-Flared fenders
-94 Supra Twin Turbo 4pot calipers and rotors w/hawk pads
-Supra Lower Control Arms

Last edited by Lukestew; 10-02-07 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-05-07, 10:44 AM
snomanlex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally!

Well after 2 months of looking I found what I was looking for by accident. My name is Jason Rosario from Fall River, MA and this is my story lol. Jk. I just picked up a green 92 Sc300 5sp. I've been messing with dsms since 2000 and decided I wanted to try a different scene. I've always been a toyota/lexus fan so I'm glad to be in another. I'm super impressed with the car and can't wait to start modding it. Its kinda slow for my liking so I'm praying a gte should cure that. ill have some pics this weekend. The car is very clean and I'm the the 3rd owner. I'm just very excited and can't wait to start modding. Glad to be here, looking forward to speaking/meeting many of you!
Name:  IMG00124.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  95.6 KB
Name:  IMG00125.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  106.2 KB
Name:  IMG00234.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  93.5 KB
Name:  IMG00239.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  120.8 KB

Last edited by snomanlex; 10-29-07 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-07-07, 04:55 AM
700hpSC300
Driver School Candidate

hello i'm john and i recently bought a 98 sc300. i have a few things planned for it. but mostly whooping rx7 and wrx ***. my pic should be in my signature but i'm not sure if it automatically goes up when i post this.
Old 10-10-07, 08:45 AM
LS_FOE
Driver School Candidate

i joined not too long ago..within a couple days..

name: wilson
car: not a lexus..but about to be since my recent car was just hit..

was looking to get a ls4...but now scoping the sc4
Old 10-10-07, 08:51 AM
jdm93400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wats up just bought a 93 sc400 il get pix up soon lookin for the lip kit simlar to the one up abve the white one anyone can help thnx
Old 10-10-07, 02:36 PM
Mr Soarer
Pole Position

Hey guys im new to this. i just got my 93 SC300 5spd a few weeks ago..
in process of doing some maintaince, the suspension is driving me insane... so much clunking..... im dropped on Tein Type-NA ill post Pics soon

CAN ANY TELL ME WHERE CAN I BUY THE CLUB LEXUS OR NELOC STICKERS OR PM ME A JPEG SO I CAN HAVE IT DONE... I NEED TO REPP....
Old 10-15-07, 11:09 PM
mr nut
Pole Position

welcome to the sc family!
Old 10-21-07, 10:30 AM
blakeyBOY
Rookie

Default hi all

my name is blake moran and i have a 92 sc400 maroon/red it needs paint badly but is coming shortly and i plan on getting a nice set of wheels... any suggestions for wheels?

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!