SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 01:33 PM
Chris98Sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats going on my names Chris just bought my 4th sc300 last tuesday,, getting ready for change !
Old 06-28-13, 06:00 PM
camelbrush
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,
I have used this site for a lot of things on my 97 SC400. Time to finally be a part of the group.
am in SC and am a college sr.
Old 06-29-13, 03:35 AM
BGNDEATH
Driver School Candidate

Question NC 93 SC 400 BLK/Tan 78k miles

How ya'll doing, I signed up on this here club because my buddy who works for the Lexus dealer in Charlotte, suggested this would be a good place to sell my Lexus. However after reading the rules I am wondering what kind of jackass came up with you need to post 100 times to sell something, or 500 times to sell something over 500 bucks.

I have a very low mileage car that is all original with all recepits from day one. It has brand new tires, new Toyota battery and fresh oil change at the dealer. It only has 78 K miles on it. I would think you guys would want a shot at my car. But the rules won't let me post it WTF is that about? Are the moderators like 16 or something?

so ya like to list the cars you own ok hope you can keep up with me.

09 Camry LE
97 T-100 Ex Cab SR5 308k miles
94 SC 300 Teal/grey 148k miles *
93 SC 400 Blk/ Tan 78 K miles *
99 MB CLK320 convertible *
67 Caddy Deville Convertible *
66 Mustang BLK/Red IL6 3spd manual
62 Chevy Impala Sports 4 dr. Sedan 283/auto no post
62 Chevy Impala 4 dr with post, No motor/350 turbo tranny*
61 Chevy Belair 4 dr, 283/auto*
07 Harley Electra Glide, looks like a street glide, blue pearl
Nishiki 10 speed *
Jackson wheel Barrow
Cherry Picker
Hand trucks

I believe that is everything own that has wheels on it. Everything with a * behind it is for sale. No I am not a car dealer. I have a sickness. It's call I like it I buy it..
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus-001.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus-002.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus-003.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-205.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-204.jpg  

Old 06-29-13, 08:16 PM
swiftSC4
Driver School Candidate

Default hello

i just got my sc400 about 2 weeks ago ive always loved the way they looked so i finally went out and got one!!! and since i got a lexus why not become a member... im glad to be here and i cant wait for the road ahead!
Old 06-29-13, 09:06 PM
webosc4
Driver School Candidate

Hello! i'm a huge Supra enthusiast, even though i never had one! but i still in-love with supra MK's but anyhow a co-worker of mine owns a 94 sc400 with 189k mile but he told me that it's stop moving from there since last spring of 12 so who knows but i'm thinking of buying it from him! so that's the whole reason for me registering in here!
Old 07-01-13, 02:58 PM
96shox
Driver School Candidate

Just got a 99 SC300 after my RSX-S got totaled(RIP baby). This thing has 80k miles, all major services done (ATF is overfilled from dealer, need to siphon that ASAP). I thought I wouldnt like this car coming from a light weight, high-rev coupe, but something about the way it drives and its style is just freaking awsome. They really dont build cars like they use to.

Im a big DIYer so I have a lot to learn...if anyone can link to the service manual thatd be great, I cant find any

From this:

To this:

Last edited by 96shox; 07-01-13 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-01-13, 08:12 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question New Sc400 User

Hi There Sc users. Happy to join the club.

I Just turned 18 last December and got my license along with a Used 1993 Sc400. Im so happy that my first car is so Sexy that was until I got inside. This car has racked up an amazing 288k miles. The dashboard light is faded. The stereo is gone and the thing holding the stereo is falling apart. The left door panel is torn up and the passenger one is missing the handle. The flooring is coming apart and nasty. I don't know if the car has A/c or Heater. All this time I have been using it for school. It still is running strong though and I just love that V8 Sound. Im am now a college student and working at Taco Bell. So the question is should I fix her up. I do not want to let her go. Her beauty is too much. So I would like to hear what you Sc lover would have to say. If it cost to much to fix than I'll just ride it till it gives out and get a new car but I don't want that to happen.

Thank you for reading.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0580.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0581.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0582.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0583.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0591.jpg  

Old 07-01-13, 10:11 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Fixing up the interior will cost a lot more than you might expect. Make sure the major engine and suspension parts are in decent working order first.

Overall SCs are not cheap to keep..... (but to many of us worth it).

Your idea of driving this one as far as it can go while saving for another one (in much better shape than this one) has merit. You may even want to acquire another SC and take what you can from this one and put into the next one and part out the remainder....
Old 07-02-13, 06:13 AM
Handsome
Rookie

^^ I agree with Duck. I have to redo the interior on my 92 SC400 as well but, good thing for me is I'm doing most of the work myself.
Old 07-02-13, 11:44 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So Judging from the Pics how much do you think it'll cost to get the doors, stereo, and dash board fixed. And last of all the seats and flooring.
Old 07-04-13, 05:01 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LexiiBabe
So Judging from the Pics how much do you think it'll cost to get the doors, stereo, and dash board fixed. And last of all the seats and flooring.
The thing you have going for you is the fact that it's tan. Tan interior parts are the most plentiful. If you are not in a hurry, you can find a cleaner junkyard interior and buy the parts you need. I would also experiment with SEM paint if you want to keep some of the parts you have in the car and get off cheap. I have seen some people paint the interior plastic and make it look great!
Old 07-04-13, 05:21 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BGNDEATH
How ya'll doing, I signed up on this here club because my buddy who works for the Lexus dealer in Charlotte, suggested this would be a good place to sell my Lexus. However after reading the rules I am wondering what kind of jackass came up with you need to post 100 times to sell something, or 500 times to sell something over 500 bucks.

I have a very low mileage car that is all original with all recepits from day one. It has brand new tires, new Toyota battery and fresh oil change at the dealer. It only has 78 K miles on it. I would think you guys would want a shot at my car. But the rules won't let me post it WTF is that about? Are the moderators like 16 or something?

so ya like to list the cars you own ok hope you can keep up with me.
The rule makes sense actually. It protects the community here from people that want to sell garbage and move on. If you partake in the community, you get access to the people in it to buy/sell. If you don't, you cant sell. If you want to jam someone by selling a broken part, It is less likely that you will make 500 posts to do so.
It insures that people join for the right reasons.

And I would refrain from calling people you don't know JackAsses.

Good Luck

Last edited by Studiogeek; 07-04-13 at 05:25 AM.
Old 07-04-13, 08:11 AM
SportC400
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Hi Everyone the names Bryan I recently purchased a 96 SC400. This forum has been very helpful with solving some of the issues the car has. The car only has 113k on it and was a one owner car I have a copy of the original title from when it was bought new in 96. The car was sitting for quite sometime and the power steering pump was bad and leaked onto the alternator so I had to replace both. I currently have the car running just need to replace the rear tires and put a tag on it. I will put some better pictures on here once I get the car on the road. I'm happy there is such an informative forum with a strong user community, I hope to become a valued member as I am planning on keeping this car for many years as the Lexus SC400 was always one of my favorite cars!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus-sc400-2.jpg  
Old 07-04-13, 12:29 PM
WadeLovell
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy Fourth of July! Back after being mostly off for several months while my 1993 SC300 lived with my daughter. She is back in my garage and I am back on the Forums.
Kind regards,
Wade Lovell

San Diego
Old 07-04-13, 02:58 PM
edsel1134
Driver School Candidate

Well Just wanted to say hello from michigan
My name is Ryan McGriff. Ive been on this forum many times for information on the several sc300's i have owned and my friends have. I switched to the e36 m3 for a while then grew up and bought my G8 gt. Wel recently on craigslist i found a rare 1992 Sc300 5 speed from the factory. Car was and is still in shambles on the out side. Paid 300$ towed it home put a new alt on and bam runs perfectly. In till yesterday the clutch peddle got stuck on the floor. I lifted it with my foot and that car was fine after that. I have receipts on the clutch being done recently. Well drove home parked it. Next morning it started fine drove to school but after class it would not start. As if the clutch wasnt engaging. So after a while it some how started drove home fine. Same story this morning, started and stalled it on accident since it shocked me that it started, well it wouldnt start after that, cars dash and everything lights up no battery issues. I even tried pressing on the safety pin under the clutch peddle. So i hope to find more answers and be a valuable member to this community.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!