SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-13 | 01:50 PM
GoldBurg2
Driver School Candidate

Sup Folks!

My name is Nick from Miami(currently in Gainesville) Florida. I recently picked up a 1992 SC400 with 130K for $1000, the car did need a tune up and timing belt which I am currently getting done by a local mechanic. This is the first car I have purchased for myself and i am pretty damn excited! other than changing a tire, watching fluid, oil etc I am pretty much an amateur, however I do want to spice this car up (the right way) by adding some aftermarket:

-exterior mods (maybe basic lip kit, nothing too crazy)
-sound system,
-wheels
-shocks for better handling
-performance mods

I been reading through the forum and am a bit overwhelmed by some of the terminology. Look forward to learning. Any tips you guys have to offer Im all ears!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo-1-2-.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo-2-2-.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-photo-3-1-.jpg  
Old 12-05-13 | 09:19 PM
Chris18
Driver School Candidate

Sup im Chris . Bought my 95 SC300 a year ago as a project car so I can learn how to work on cars . didn't really have time for it but my schedule is opening up so im getting into it . lookin forward to any advice I can get from yall , thanks !
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_4810-1-.jpg  
Old 12-06-13 | 07:56 PM
jfriemel
Driver School Candidate

Default lexus sc400 new owner and hello all

hello everybody, i am new here and just got my lexus 2 weeks ago, it runs rough but i love it just the same, i know very little about these cars but i have big plans for it, nice to meet everyone
Old 12-06-13 | 08:12 PM
vitalMyth
Driver School Candidate

Default First time owner and car newbie

Hi all! I just bought a 1993 SC400 with about 125k miles on it. It's in good shape as far as I know and it feels great to drive, but there are some minor things I need to do for it. I am a total car newbie but very determined to learn to do a lot of things on my own, so that I can stop getting taken advantage of by dishonest mechanics. I would like some feedback on the list of things I want to do to my new car, to assess what I should learn to do on my own versus what I should have a professional do. Would this be the thread to post a basic question like that?
Old 12-07-13 | 12:47 PM
asquires
Driver School Candidate

Default 92 lexus sc400

hey all, I have had my 92 sc400 for about 5 years now, and I absolutely love it!! but I have been having some problems with acceleration and now it wont pass smog. anyone with some knowledge please help. thanks, anthony
Old 12-07-13 | 12:49 PM
asquires
Driver School Candidate

no, the best way to do that is to find a thread that the topic has already been discussed on and go from there. best way to do that is by searching for whatever the topic is
Old 12-08-13 | 04:30 PM
Luxer
Driver School Candidate

Greetings all, bought a 93 SC300 about a year ago, love this car so reliable and has great lines people can't believe it's s93. I keep it in great shape and look forward to getting a lot of great info from Club Lexus.
Old 12-08-13 | 04:49 PM
1BADGTS
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello everyone !!

Greetings from Michigan,
I just purchased a very nice condition 1992 SC400 to make into my daily driver. I recently lost my 1999 Toyota Solara TRD edition to a semi-truck and this car just kind of popped up for sale. I look forward to making a build thread and using the extensive archives to help me get the car up to par. Here's a quick photo of the car. Thanks !!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-2013-12-07-12.32.39.jpg  
Old 12-09-13 | 10:08 AM
SewWhat
Driver School Candidate

Default Please Help? new member, lost!

Hello, I just joined CL last nite, having trouble figuring it all out, even introducing myself, although I've spent countless hours here and learned alot, I have never before been a "member of", "signed up for", "joined" any forums of any kind or even "communicated" in any way through the use of a computer (other than e-mail) so im hoping someone (with patience) can help me with some basics, forgive me if I ask what might sound like stupid questions, but im just tryin to learn this, Im not even sure where this message will go, lol, or where to look for a response?
Old 12-09-13 | 06:19 PM
dasleepa
Driver School Candidate

What's up CL. I recently bought my 95 sc300 5spd , has 100k and i love it. Im planning on making it a nice weekend na-t around 500whp+. Hope to hear from you guys soon
Old 12-10-13 | 03:28 AM
koffeblack
Driver

Hi all long time member (Had IS200 before, and currently have GS430) but here is my new 1997 VVTI Soarer
Old 12-11-13 | 08:16 AM
used2be
Driver School Candidate

Default Kind of backwards!

Hello All,

Well, this is an odd one for sure. I bought my 1994 SC400 in 1996 in California and moved to Michigan in 2000 after I retired. Loved the car and thought about tearing into it to increase power and handling over the years, but only did the Eibach springs with Tokico shocks, and the AP Supra big brakes for the front. As the years passed there were other creature comfort bits that came in newer cars that I wanted, but were difficult to retrofit to the Lexus. So, long story short, in 2012 I traded the car in on a BMW M5.

Even though the rear seats in the SC400 were quite comfortable, the two doors made it difficult for some of my friends to get in and out......hazards of getting older! The four doors of the M5 change that, and the extra power is a lot of fun too. I had looked around on this site over the years, but never joined since I didn't have the inspiration to do any serious wrenching on the car.

If the mods allow I'll be posting some parts for sale when I get 30 posts under my belt. I had bought the front bumper cover, rear bumper cover, headlight/turn signal, and high beams also to have as spares since I knew I'd be keeping the car for a while. They are new in their OEM packaging and have never been used. Also have the 3 OEM repair manuals along with the electrical wiring diagram manual, which I have used. Various rims and tires as well, and all of that I posted on the local Craig's list, but the SC400/300 isn't a common item in Michigan I'm thinking and not even a nibble. Shipping the bumper covers might be difficult, or expensive, because of the size so that's a problem even though they're in the stock factory boxes.

Anyway, I'll browse around the forums to enjoy some of the extensive builds a few of you guys do and learn which cars to avoid if I come across them on the road! Nothing worse than being left in the dust by a sleeper while driving a high dollar car!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus-front.jpg  

Last edited by used2be; 12-11-13 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-11-13 | 03:59 PM
Nstarfab
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the forum!

Hey whats going on guys! Im new here but not to the car addiction. I been creeping around here for awhile now looking at alot of builds and man theres a lot to read and you guys know your s*&^ its awesome! Before I post anything up I want to apologize to the moderators if this isnt the place for all of this, ill move it or you can move it. Also this is not advertisement im just showing some stuff that I've done to give you a taste of whats to come. Any Questions you can pm me if you need.

Id like to start by saying that I do not have my SC300 yet because im trying to sell me current car to pick one up. I've always liked the body style and things that ppl have done to them as well as the 2j engine is a beast! and have always wanted to build one!
When I do finally get one my plan is to keep the na and make it na-t idk why but i kinda like to try it over the gte even though I know I wont be the first one do to so. I started with the 240's a couple years back and did a ls1 swap on mine and helped a friend do a vq swap on his. Had to sell that to buy apartment stuff. Ended up buying another one last year but that one had to go because life got in the way, now that stuff is straightened out and I finally opened my shop the next car I get (SC) isnt going anywhere! But Enough talk heres the pics.

heres some 53' F-100 stuff I have done:

[URL=http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/NorthstarFab/media/307382_277902515555321_1026065401_n_zps8bee4da5.jpg.html]

Heres a steering shaft That i made also for the truck which i did at one of my jobs i used to work at.

Now heres my 240 that I had:
Day I brought it home! (2009)

1 week later

After a couple months owing it.

In the middle of spraying it

done out of my makeshift spray booth

[URL=http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/NorthstarFab/media/110_zps05db4e45.jpg.html]
Getting the crossmember ready to clear the LS1 oil pan

Some 300zx brakes I put on:

Im running out of room so heres where the car sat when I sold it;
Old 12-11-13 | 04:05 PM
Nstarfab
Driver School Candidate

Default addition to last post

And heres some stuff Ive done at my shop recently:

Before:

After:

again I want to apologize for the placement of all of this if it isnt right! and my car should be sold this fri im hoping so ill be able to get my sc shortly after that! and look forward to talking and getting to meet some of you guys!
Old 12-12-13 | 05:14 PM
ImNew
Driver School Candidate

hi im dave

just got a 93 sc400. good shape some, little things here and there. mostly common stuff as far as i can tell.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!