SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-14, 07:34 AM
kmartinez1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I just bought my 92 Lexus sc400 last month from my friend. has alot of aftermarket parts on it and is painted black. the car has 150k miles on it and bought it for 2500 dollars.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...400-14927.html for pictures

rebuilt engine to 310hp. carbon fiber hood. custom trunk. sport suspension. vertex body kit. just got morro rims. pioneer double din touch screen cd player. custom door panels full interior done black. custom headlights and tailights

Last edited by kmartinez1; 01-27-14 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-27-14, 01:55 PM
FVTCguy
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone I'm not a new member by any means, mostly lurking but never active I've had my SC300 for two years now as a project i started in college but never took it anywhere in the build until now so i figured why not get active on the forum.

I bought a bone stock 92 SC300 original 5 speed with 160k on it and had to daily it to classes for a year, its been sitting in my garage for another year.
so far i have only preformed maintenance on it such as brake rotors/pads, new radiator, electric fan swap (clutch fan was garbage), spark plugs, alternator, battery etc.
as well as did some stupid things like tint the tail lights and replace the exhaust.

heres my car,

The car has its slew of problems i still need to take care of mostly common issues that i couldnt afford to fix in the past. But I recently came into a steal of a deal on a jdm Soarer twin scroll twin turbo manifold and wastegate with 60k origional miles and am looking into a turbo build on my 2jz.
I've never taken up a project of this magnetude before and am quite excited but i need to do research into what else i need to get it going. being a poor boy who never had any parental sponsors or such im low on options but determined as it is tax season finally and soon as this wisconsin warms up I plan to work construction again for more scratch to pour in.

hope to meet some great guys on here who have the know-how to help a guy out if i need it too.
Old 01-28-14, 12:44 AM
pacmonkey
Driver School Candidate

Hi I'm rocky, my grandfather passed away leaving me a 1992 sc 400 with 62k original miles on it. I was doing some research to figure out the value of the vehicle and learned that it's actually pretty desirable, and that I was a bigger carfan then I originally thought. I set out to sell this bad boy, but after finding this sight i don't know anymore. Might keep it and put a wrench or two to it.
Old 01-28-14, 09:07 AM
TonyFrench
Rookie

Originally Posted by FVTCguy
Hi everyone I'm not a new member by any means, mostly lurking but never active I've had my SC300 for two years now as a project i started in college but never took it anywhere in the build until now so i figured why not get active on the forum.

I bought a bone stock 92 SC300 original 5 speed with 160k on it and had to daily it to classes for a year, its been sitting in my garage for another year.
so far i have only preformed maintenance on it such as brake rotors/pads, new radiator, electric fan swap (clutch fan was garbage), spark plugs, alternator, battery etc.
as well as did some stupid things like tint the tail lights and replace the exhaust.

heres my car,

The car has its slew of problems i still need to take care of mostly common issues that i couldnt afford to fix in the past. But I recently came into a steal of a deal on a jdm Soarer twin scroll twin turbo manifold and wastegate with 60k origional miles and am looking into a turbo build on my 2jz.
I've never taken up a project of this magnetude before and am quite excited but i need to do research into what else i need to get it going. being a poor boy who never had any parental sponsors or such im low on options but determined as it is tax season finally and soon as this wisconsin warms up I plan to work construction again for more scratch to pour in.

hope to meet some great guys on here who have the know-how to help a guy out if i need it too.
Pretty good ! It does not have sunroof ?
Old 01-29-14, 05:50 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just joined, been lurking for couple months. This is all new to me. Bought 96 SC400 in July 2013. Bone stock, Pa car out of Pittsburgh. I'm 56 yrs old & have played with many cars over the years. I look forward to learning about this car & removing the wear & tear of old age from it. it has typical suspension issues & I guess I will be addressing them first. Starting with the rear as it wore tires out on back & handled like a nightmare on the snow. PS: Last winter it will see as long as I own it. Be talking to you all as I go.
Old 01-29-14, 06:27 PM
IdahoSC89
Driver School Candidate

Default First SC

Hey my name is Tom and I live in Boise Idaho. I just bought my first SC300 a week ago its Gold with a 5 speed . I've been in the car scene since I was 16 ( first car was a 2nd gen MR2). I've owned a few talons but got sick of them being broken more than driven so I am super stoked about his platform.
Old 01-29-14, 10:06 PM
TonyFrench
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Just joined, been lurking for couple months. This is all new to me. Bought 96 SC400 in July 2013. Bone stock, Pa car out of Pittsburgh. I'm 56 yrs old & have played with many cars over the years. I look forward to learning about this car & removing the wear & tear of old age from it. it has typical suspension issues & I guess I will be addressing them first. Starting with the rear as it wore tires out on back & handled like a nightmare on the snow. PS: Last winter it will see as long as I own it. Be talking to you all as I go.

Originally Posted by IdahoSC89
Hey my name is Tom and I live in Boise Idaho. I just bought my first SC300 a week ago its Gold with a 5 speed . I've been in the car scene since I was 16 ( first car was a 2nd gen MR2). I've owned a few talons but got sick of them being broken more than driven so I am super stoked about his platform.
Welcome guys
Old 01-30-14, 11:03 AM
Sc400NL
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome all , enjoy and learn from the experienced owners

btw...tony? is your car arrived yet ?
Old 01-30-14, 01:21 PM
IdahoSC89
Driver School Candidate

Smile

thank you hopefully I can learn a lot
Old 01-30-14, 10:08 PM
TonyFrench
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sc400NL
welcome all , enjoy and learn from the experienced owners

btw...tony? is your car arrived yet ?
Not yet, about 1 month ! I'm so excite !
Old 01-31-14, 06:18 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you! All ready learning alot about this car from reading the forums posted by your experienced SC owners. May be able to post some helpful info in return someday. Always liked to go right & left in turns& was building road racers back when everyone just jacked them up & drove fast in a straight line. Remember N 50's? Have a 68 AMC Javelin that Corvettes of the time just hated! AMX Equipped. Have a 70 Mark Donahue Also.
Old 02-01-14, 12:14 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

What up guys!!!
Just bought an sc400 from I think an existing member here, not sure. Well its a 92 old man tan sc400 with lots of goodies.

It's basically all supra at the suspension level and brakes, got coilovers and an axle back.

Little about me,I'm a student at the Illinois institute of art in Chicago studying game design.

My goals with the car are to get better gas mileage lol and to just fix it up a bit. Got a few small issues like driver door not locking when it's cold, the blower for the heat and ac doesn't work, a speed sensor error (no abs tc currently,and some minor surface rust. Number one priority right now is winter and wheels that fit a supra
Old 02-01-14, 02:00 PM
IdahoSC89
Driver School Candidate

good luck on the blower motor.. it was a pain to get under there.. I guess it depends on how tall you are im 6 foot had to lay upside down in the seat
Old 02-01-14, 10:13 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

yea im a tree lol, and whenever doing anything under the dash i lay down on the floor lol. how hard is it to replace the blower? i'm trying to get one right now, a guy is parting out an sc400 hasn't answered tho.
Old 02-04-14, 12:03 PM
driftlex
Rookie

whats up im aaron out of ft myers florida i just bought a sc400 .....and am looking into doing a 1jzgte swap with the r154 trans....first thing i wana do is find the right motor mounts and wondering if i need trans mounts as well ...anyways i will do some searching here maybe i can find pixs of both motor and trans mounts....also was wondering will my speedo work with this swap

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!