SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14, 08:07 AM
toyoboy120
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! Im Ian from seattle washington, just picked up a 92 Sc400 in January and started working on it. Its a one owner, always garaged, 120,xxx miles.

when I bought it

where it's at now
Old 03-25-14, 09:22 AM
mb93fd
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, just thought I would introduce myself. I have been a member for a while but not really actively participating very much. One reasone is cause I didnt have a Lexus and was in the market for one. I have finally pulled the trigger on a 97 SC300 and recently got a GTE-VVTi motor.. I just got her fired up the other night and sounds great. Anyways I will try and post pics when I get everything buttoned up and cleaned up
Old 03-25-14, 12:26 PM
lexusgirl2
Driver School Candidate

Default My birthday present

So, my name is Nikki, and my boyfriend recently bought a 92 sc400. Since my birthday its in two weeks, he decided 'happy birthday! Here's your new car!' I can honestly say I'm in live with it. Its my first car, and the only none SUV that I've ever drove. Its a perfect little car foot my under 5 foot tall self.. I can also honestly say, its been the biggest pain in my life. From looking for an alternator fuse the day we got it (w picked it up for 1000 because the guy thought it needed a new alternator, but really the fuse was half the amps it should've been), to finding a new door panel (which we STILL haven't found yet....) But all in all its a super fun car to have, and one of only three this small town owns. I just got done with the primer on it, and I'm thinking of decking it out in a **** star pink and black (or silver) do with some pink and black (or silver) rims to match. Oh, not to mention hello kitty floor Matt, string wheel cover, all that fun stuff (: I'll post some pictures when i take more, but until then, any other ideas for this girl and her new Lexus?
Old 03-25-14, 12:32 PM
lexusgirl2
Driver School Candidate

Along with the pink and black paint job, how much and how hard would it be to replace all of the tan interior for black?
Old 03-25-14, 12:45 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusgirl2
Along with the pink and black paint job, how much and how hard would it be to replace all of the tan interior for black?
First off welcome to Club Lexus. Idk how familiar u are with cars but these cars are fun and they look beautiful for being 20+ years old. My opinion is to stick with one exterior color, preferably black. Then u can get a black and pink interior if u like. My idea would be to get a all black interior with the wood grain being painted pink to give it that "female owned" look. These cars look terrible with two tone paint jobs. Replacing the interior will be a petty job as replacing any cars interior will be. Other than that post pics for all of us to see lol
Old 03-26-14, 07:54 PM
travi19
Rookie

Default newish member to club lexus

hello club lexus I am somewhat new to this forum well I just never really used it anyways ive had a few sports coupes just cant get enough of them ive had 2 sc400 3 sc300 2 5spd and currently on my third sc300 that is AT.

recently picked up a 1995 sc300 with 106k miles the car was involved in a accident front end was toast and sat for a year and a half but I was looking for a small challenge not having nothing to do on my spare time stripped the front end down had it towed to the shop to fix/replace the rad support . got it back changed all fluids and a few other things and gave starter a few baby taps and bam started right up currently put back in the shop to finish up painting it . its a dark green with a little blue when the sun hits it and at distance its black lowered on tokito struts and lowering springs have a feeling a spelled that wrong 18 inch wheels with spacers and 255/35 all around fenders are lightly rolled.

I have love in other cars such as f body Camaro ss and mustang 5.0 but lexus just gets my attention . ive been thinking on doing a ls swap in a sc or just converting a sc4 to 5 spd kind of miss driving manual.
I have no idea on posting pictures of my new sc300 but when I find out ill snap a few and post them
Old 03-27-14, 07:36 PM
avgjoe918
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello

Hey I'm Joe. I'm new to the forum and forums in general. They confuse me quite a bit but I'll probably get use to it haha.

Anyways, I'm very excited because I will be getting my first Lexus very soon! It is a 1991 SC400. It is old of course, and probably hasn't been well kept so it will definitely need work which I'm hoping some of you will be able to help me with! It's been sitting, stationary, at my cousin's house for about a year give or take. Engine won't turn over and there seems to be a problem with the distributor, but that's all as far as I can tell. I haven't done a closer inspection but I'm not paying anything for the car. I'm trading a few favors for it so no money out of my pocket which I'm stoked about in case it ends up being a complete heap.

I'm planning to do a manual transmission swap with an SC300 5 speed. The engine in the Lexus is, of course, the 1uz-fe V8. Never had a car with an engine this big so I'll be super excited to get it running. I want the car to be more of a race/drift car so I'll be removing commodities like radio, air con, power steering, and whatever else I can to shave off a few pounds. This is going to be a learning experience for me and a fun project to work on in the summer months.

I just turned 18 and I don't have much experience with the mechanical side of things so I'll be on here quite often with questions :P

I'll be getting the car soon (hopefully) and maybe even a shop to keep and work on it in. Anyways, I'll keep you updated! I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

-Joe
Old 03-28-14, 06:23 PM
Trinscdude
Driver School Candidate

What's up everyone name is mike I'm new to forum just picked up 93 sc300 5spd. I live in hsv Alabama. First Lexus just sold me Rb s14 and pick this one up ill post some picks in day time
Old 03-29-14, 05:14 PM
JRob325
Driver School Candidate

New to CL...have always lurked club lexus, never posted anything but I just picked up my first SC...its a ren red 2000 sc400..love this ride, which is saying a lot since all I've known is four-valve cobras. This car is pretty sweet, gs spyder wheels, paint looks awesome. Bought it off a retired guy who meticulously cared for it. What a steal...
Old 03-30-14, 12:56 AM
v8hterz
Driver School Candidate

Default sc400

Hey nameis ethan and i have a dark green with carbon fiber triming anddark copper gold rims lowerd with purple big brake kit love the car but having a lil problem right now with it and cant figure it out
Old 03-30-14, 10:07 PM
jhawkcole
Driver School Candidate

Smile Bought my way into the club on Saturday

This is my car! It is a 1992 SC400, and is in spectacular condition, can't wait to get to know it better over the next few months and years!
Old 03-31-14, 05:14 AM
36Chambers
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fellow Gs owner. Picked up a 98 sc400 Silver on black this weekend. Going to add coils a lip and my blitz wheels soon.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-image.jpg  
Old 03-31-14, 01:43 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Back again!

Former IS300 member on here...was formerly here under username: Fsusucks, but for some reason can't access my old account anymore since can't remember my password or email used to set up the account....but I am back here again and I picked up this 1992 SC400 with 72,000 miles....had it cleaned up a bit and have many mods planned and some already underway.

Picked up this so far this last week: 97 tail lights, Tanabe NF210, KYB shocks, Tanabe Medalion Touring Exhaust, rear 1995 trunk spoiler, and the Rideskinz Fujin VIp front lip spoiler for 1997+ front bumper, Cusco front strut brace...(need to install these in the next couple of weeks except for the front lip).

Future things include 19" SSR CV01 wheels, 1997 undated front, bumper, side skirts, rocker panels, rear bumper, front grill, and fog lights. and a small audio update with head unit, speakers, small amp, and small sub

Link to my old is300:
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...=&way=&cat=500
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-securedownload.jpg  

Last edited by FSUsucks1; 03-31-14 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Link included of old is300
Old 04-01-14, 01:08 AM
picodroid
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jhawkcole
This is my car! It is a 1992 SC400, and is in spectacular condition, can't wait to get to know it better over the next few months and years!
Hello! I saw your car on reddit. Welcome to CL
Old 04-04-14, 10:43 AM
RoyalT408
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie

I'm a new member! 1996 SC300 out here in sunny northern California tryna make my way in the scene... Just tryna get deep into drifting and make my way to Japan

Last edited by RoyalT408; 04-04-14 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!