SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-07, 08:41 AM
gabegtz84
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased a 1997 SC300. For very cheap. I live here in San Diego, mechanically the car is cool. But as far as the cosmetics if could use a lil TLC. I'm thinking of VIP style with a strong Na-T set up. It's green with some aftermarket 18 inch rims that look decent, also the rear glasss has purple tint. (the last guy was trying to make that fast and the furious style unfortunatly). But it was so cheap to buy, I have no problem changing all the body [arts cooler aftermarket ones. Anyway, if there are any San Diego members Pm me and as soon as this semester is done for school, i'm down to hang out.
Old 12-03-07, 04:58 PM
Bob'sSC400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum

Whats up! Been lurking for a few weeks or so. This is a killer Lex forum. I have 92 SC400 with 100K. Bought it from a long time friend a year or so ago. Look forward to meeting a few others and learning a few things! I'm in Kingwood Texas just north of Houston. Here's a picture or two.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-dvc00031.jpg  
Old 12-03-07, 05:03 PM
Bob'sSC400
Rookie

one more...
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-misc-089.jpg  
Old 12-03-07, 08:40 PM
C-Thrilla
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm new But old I signed up a while ago. I didn't play around here much until now lately I've been getting on CL alot. Just wanted to say Hi,
I'm Cris From San Antonio TX anyone ever want to work on cars or hit the streets let me know. I have a 1998 White Sc300 check out my pics! I also own alot of other toys to keep me poor. Later
Old 12-03-07, 09:13 PM
rawpower
Driver School Candidate

Hey I am not really new. I have been reading on these forums all the time, mostly when bored at work. I am looking into doing some mods to my 95 sc400 had her for about 2 years now. Looking to swap out the TC with one with a higher stall speed. Changing out the headers and mufflers. If you guys have any input feel free to let me know.
Old 12-04-07, 04:53 PM
MRD13
Rookie

Hello All, figure i'd swap sides on the forum due to my GS300 getting side swiped by a street cleaner truck and being totalled.

SOOOOOOOO.

Here is my new/old 97 SC300. Its black and yes my digital climate is blurring out. haha

Name:  2053527104222587435IM1MAIN565x421_A.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  38.6 KB

Its an auto, but I want to change that/soon. driveshaft anyone?....
Old 12-05-07, 09:16 AM
thegadget
Driver

Smile Hey Guys. Thought I would say hi in the right forum!

Wassup!? Well, I am near waco, Tx if anybody wants to hang or cruise, let me know. Here are the pics of my new ride. It has the 1jzgte in it. Minor mods. It is pusing 350hp to the crank and 308hp to the rear wheel after being dyno'd. This is my first toyota/lexus. I will give you a brief history of cars so far in my life:

1. '87 Nissan Maxima SE 5sp
2. '92 Ford Explorer 4x4 (auto)
3. '93 Mitsubishi 3000GT Auto (ugh!)
4. '94 Jeep Cherokee I6 HO auto 2wd
5. '96 Dodge Stratus I4 5sp
6. '98 BMW 328i 5sp
7. '97 BMW M3 5sp auto
8. '00 Ford Contour SVT 5sp
9. '92 Lexus SC400 Soarer conversion

Have a great one guys!

Last edited by thegadget; 12-05-07 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-05-07, 07:05 PM
Juzscy
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Hi y'all

I'm Jeff from Victoria BC - just bought a '92 SC400 from Ontario, and am jumping through hoops to get it registered in BC.

My zero to 400 story:
BC imported over 75,000 JDM cars last year alone, and I occasionally saw Soarers for sale and started to fall in love. Started checking out SC's as well - they are VERY rare on Vancouver Island. Eventually decided I didn't want a Lexus wannabe (we're not jaded yet in Canada - Lexi are top cars here; but no offense to the JDM guys, that active suspension model is unbelievable!) or a RHD car, so I started shopping, and here we are. I believe this particular body style to be a rare gem in the field of automotive design - a timeless blend of aggressive sportiness and elegance. Think ahead thirty years.....will it hold up? (The Montana State Troopers couldn't believe it was a '92...!)

I picked up the car from Toronto, and drove through the States to get it home. It's in very decent shape (albeit with some of the dreaded Ontario rust underneath), Black Onyx, dark tint, no spoiler, later 5 spoke GS 17" wheels with lo-pro Yokohamas, hiding (not very well) big slotted and drilled Brembos. It is elegant and clean, yet looks freakin' gangster, although I suspect it has more miles than advertised based on the interior condition. Has a WICKED sounding custom stainless exhaust, best sounding car I have ever driven.

After over 5000 km (3000+ miles) in the driver's seat within a week of sitting in one for the first time, I can no longer be objective. Oh my GAWD do I love this car! Idles beautifully in downtown Chicago rush hour, hauls *** right to the revlimiter in flatland Montana (so sorry officer, you USED to have no speed limits here didn't you?), cuts corners on rails in Washington mountains, and attracts 'Vette owners like flies to s*** in Vancouver, especially when they hear it. You can make any automatic sound like a stick if you do it right, and that gave me a few kicks in traffic.

I've been researching parts and service info online for only a couple of weeks now, but hands down Club Lexus members (especially in the SC forums) are the most informed, knowledgeable, innovative, and obsessed bunch of gearheads I've come across regarding things Lexus! Am I going to have some fun learning and modding! Glad to be here.

I've already changed all fluids. Immediately, I must re and re: seatbelts, ps pump and lines, struts, control arm bushings, and (ouch) rear subframe rot to register it in BC. We've moved the race cars out of the way at the shop, and the SC goes in this weekend. As I say, I'm becoming well researched, and I've bought most stuff from the States for WAY less than I would pay here, OEM or aftermarket, especially with the currently strong Canadian dollar. Should have it on the road by mid December, only to park it for the wet season. Soon I will do drive belt/tensioner, BFI (is that not the coolest mod ever?), engine/trans mounts, shim the valves, and mount a '97 spoiler (not completely sold on the spoiler, without is rare - and my girlfriend says the car has a really nice ***!). Eventually, I will redo the interior, maybe add some of OLT's trick cluster lights, '97 body update, supercharge, Getrag, and just generally go broke with glee.

Here's to being forever tumeSCently adoleSCent!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0864.jpg  

Last edited by Juzscy; 12-05-07 at 08:05 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-07-07, 04:56 PM
krider
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member 943 SC400

What's up club lexus,

I have been lurking on the sight for a little bit and finally decided to introduce my car. I own a 93 SC400, 115K miles, clean interior and exterior, and the color is spruce (gray) with gray interior.

It's been a great car until last week when I had to change the power steering pump, high pressure hose and rack. Other that that I shouldn't have any other issues.

I can appreciate all the info you guys pass around because I read so many post before I purchased the car.

I have to figure out how to make my pictures smaller to download. Hope to be putting my 2 cents in soon.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-car2.jpg  

Last edited by krider; 12-07-07 at 05:04 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 12-09-07, 05:53 PM
sc300boi
Driver School Candidate

yo whats up im a new member to club lexus. i also drive a lexus coupe 300. and its forsale for a really fair price so jus get at me. and im very new at this so ppl gotta help me out lol thanks
Old 12-10-07, 06:14 PM
Ice95z
Driver School Candidate

Hi, my name is Brian. I bought my 93 SC400 about 2 months ago. I bought it for 1500.00 It had 180,000 miles on it and the driver rear suspension and rear quarter was smashed. I replaced all the drivers rear suspension components for 300.00. I just recently added a set of 19" axis wheels i picked up pretty cheap, RX300 HID's, Vinyl smoked rear tails. It has some of the obvious problems i read about such as the dash lighting and the blurred climate control but the car idles soooo smooth i dont even realize its running. Its my DD. Im looking to get the body work finished after the holidays. I also have a 1995 300zxTT that put down 420rwhp last year. Thats my project race car, but my focus has been slowly shifting to modifly the SC. I guess its a disease im born with. I just cant seem to leave cars alone. Great forum sooo far and look forward to making more posts.

Last edited by Ice95z; 12-10-07 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-11-07, 07:57 PM
BigPants
Driver School Candidate

Hello my name is David from tucson, AZ and im new to these forums(obviously) and i look forward to meeting all of you and learning alot about my car! now about my car.

i bought my 99 sc300 about 4 months ago. the interior was trashed the engine bay was trashed. the previous owner of the car left it outside with sunroof and windows down during monsoon season. all the wiring was removed from the car. thats all the negatives. the positives are it has nice paint new lights decent dash no dents and it was only $2000. and it was ideal for the gte swap. ive since stripped and cleaned everything in the car! it was a disaster! i have the 2jzgte with a 60-1 turbo kit ready to go in. im just waiting on a fuel rail. well enough with that here are some pics!

and i know that the turbo is facing the wrong way!

Last edited by BigPants; 12-11-07 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-15-07, 12:58 PM
Retroo
Driver School Candidate

hey hows it going guys my name is Ben, im from Baton Rouge,LA and i just moved to tacoma,WA due to the military. I just bought my sc400 2 weeks ago after snooping around these forums a bit. Hope to learn alot from you guys these forums have already helped me fix my heater.

Name:  IMG_0572.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  110.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0573.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  145.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0574.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  156.2 KB

Last edited by Retroo; 12-15-07 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-16-07, 08:16 AM
sc400nube
Driver School Candidate

Default new member

Hello,

So i just bought a 1992 SC400 yesterday. Only 78000 miles from a doctor. he was abought to donate it. I have been looking over this forum for about a month and decided to buy one. No pictures yet but I plan to put some nice 20 inch wheels, staggered of course, lower it about an inch and put a nice set of side skirts on it for christmas-- my gift to myself. If possible please read my reply to the tread on wheel fittments. I NEED HELP!

Thanks guys
I enjoy the site!
Kev
Old 12-18-07, 07:08 AM
sccd
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Hello from the shore.

Hello, My name is David from Toms River NJ. Have wanted a Lexus for years and finally found one while out shopping for our teenager a car. Told the salesman I would be back, and after 6 weeks of coming to terms, bought it in 2006. I have used this forum for the past year and found it extremely valuable as I have had almost every common problem listed. Just realized I never introduced myself. Car is stock so far. Looking forward to meeting some fellow owners in the future.

David
92 sc400
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus.jpg  

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!