SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-14, 04:03 PM
GMiyake
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newly aquired 1999 SC400

Hi all, I just traded my 2000 GS400 for a very nice 1999 SC400. My GS had 93K miles and the SC has 92.5K miles! It's a two owner vehicle and I'm very happy with it. I've been watching locally for a nice, late model SC and it appeared. The SC is a Platinum Silver color with Black leather interior. It was originally an SC purchased in Hawaii, I have the window sticker from the Dealer!
Here are some photos that I will post.
Thanks,
Gk

Old 10-13-14, 12:55 AM
Roojah808
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys my name is Dylan from hawaii i just picked up a 93 sc300 finally lol i do have a few questions about legit websites to order parts from and what i would need and how much it would costs for a 5 speed conversion ^_^ thanks!
Old 10-13-14, 02:58 AM
blake96
Driver School Candidate

Default FREE SC (kinda)

So I received a free FREE SC400 about 2 months ago from my brothers mother with 274.777 thousand miles. The motor ran fine, just had leaks but I plan to keep this ride this car just like my girl rides me, (long and hard)
Since I have received it I have replaced: motor with a JDM motor, rack and pinion, power steering pump, mass air flow sensor, and fuel pump. Oh yea and the battery and brakes. A week after those repairs I drove it from Georgia to California with no problem at all.

Quick wash

Hearrt transplant!

Motor looks brand new inside! 600 bucks was a steal at NAD Auto in Atlana, GA

Last edited by blake96; 10-13-14 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-14-14, 06:39 PM
Towersigma
Driver School Candidate

Default Noobing it up

Hey!

My name is kevin and I recently inherited a 92 sc300 with 88k miles. I'm really excited and Ive loved this specific car since I was 8 years old and now it's finally mine.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_12983194263782.jpeg  
Old 10-15-14, 09:04 AM
Mocchan
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys!

My name is Katsu! I'm 20, currently located in Atlanta, GA, and looking to pick up an SC300 in the near future (I hope it's alright that I post here without owning one yet, lol).

I currently drive a '97 Honda Prelude 5 Spd. I got to work on an SC300 the other day and I absolutely fell in love with the styling and the body lines. Definitely one of the best looking cars made imho.

Cheers!

Last edited by Mocchan; 10-15-14 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-15-14, 10:40 AM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed^^^
Old 10-19-14, 09:27 AM
Timd234
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone! I've been browsing this forum for about 8 months now while researching and learning about these wonderful cars. I had never seen one before someone posted one on reddit earlier this year. I had never even seen one before and I was blown away....kind of embarrassing honestly because I love toyota, and with its close relation to the supra, I knew I had to have one. Que my new ride....1992 SC400

Garage kept by one owner, with a detailed service history over an inch thick. I'm gonna have lots of fun with this thing!
Old 10-20-14, 06:11 PM
drumah
Driver School Candidate

hello, I am not new to this forum, as I had a profile years ago when I had my first sc400. I started a new profile as I have been away and cant recall any of my info, I just purchased another SC400 and am so happy to finally be back in my favourite ride! it is a 93 model that needs some TLC but I am prepared to give it some. I currently live in Vancouver B.C. , if you are in the area give me a shout!

in the two weeks since I have purchased the car (has been sitting) I have added stoptech rotors, hawk pads. replaced LCA with a better condition stock unit ( my dad almost cut his hand off helping!!!) , clay bar and polished paint, and fixed the dash lights. I am currently sourcing wheels and exhaust and I will post pics after I fix the dent in the door

good to be back!

Curtis
Old 10-20-14, 08:24 PM
Brocamdan
Driver School Candidate

Hell everyone, been lurking for a while! My names Daniel, I'm from York PA but I'm currently living in San Diego. I just picked up an 1992 sc400 with about 400 problems and 364,xxx miles and I couldn't be more psyched! It has a lot of work that needs to be done, bought it without a power steering pump, pulley or belt. So it had to be towed home of course. So I'll be going to the junkyard to find all those goodies as soon as I can so I can get to driving it despite how ugly it is right now. Oh I can't wait to start on my plan! Here's the only picture I have right now....
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-image.jpg  
Old 10-20-14, 10:45 PM
ifr2lax
Driver School Candidate

Default greetings! have "new to me" 92' SC400

Hi all,

Have just ended up with a black 92' SC400 with 230,000 miles and trying to get it "up to speed".

The former owner had planned to make it a "gentleman's hot rod" and fortunately stopped before he could do any real damage to it...why he removed the door trim panels, seat surrounds and a few other items (the old ones are FINE...just clean them for crying out loud!) is beyond me...

That said the seats, dash, main door panels, headliner etc look great...again I have NO idea what the guy was doing...never heard of soap and water...?

Of course his totally disorganized approach resulted in some lost trim...door bolsters and a few other items...and the box with the parts has yet to show up...not holding my breath!

I am a sucker for the SC. Have always loved the style! Still remember the first one I ever saw in 92' had no idea what it was ! Gorgeous burgundy...wow.

Glad I found this Forum as there are some tuning issues to be dealt with and then off to see if the thing will pass smog...carburetors are a lot simpler than fuel injection...and MAN is there a ton of stuff under the hood...!

So far I replaced a taillight lens, one 02 sensor and seem to be getting close to a good runner...the 02 sensor cleared the codes but it has a miss at idle...runs great at speed.

As requested by the website I will save all the questions for the appropriate forum section.

I have worked on my cars for years...2001 Jeep GC...(just replaced a heater core...for me a huge project...remove the entire dash and AC...what a pain!!! )

...1967 327" Corvette for 45 years...holy cow that is a sobering thought...!!!!

Built up a ERA 289 FIA Cobra replica...18,000 miles so far. Just finished rebuilding the Cobra engine (65' 289 stroked to 347") after losing oil pressure at the track...lost a main bearing.

Had a great machinist from a local racing shop (they do sprint cars, stock cars etc.) for the block and head work...got it all bolted back together and now it's up to 2200 miles and it is running strong...hope to make it to the track this spring.

Have been wearing out this Forum's search engine...but still have a few questions I can't really find answer for...MORE than a few I guess!!!

thanks, Pete
Old 10-28-14, 09:55 AM
Rio
Driver School Candidate

Yo!
Dude from Vegas, always had a like for the Sc body style but they are in high demand and prices out here.

Buddy who owns an auto shop calls me up & says " Hey I know you been looking for a car, I've got one for you a customer signed over to me, You want it?"

I say F##k Yea, what is it? He says its some Lexus Coupe come look at it.
I bust Azz down to the shop and get handed the keys and title to a kinda ratty 92 Sc400

Faded Paint (check)
Busted Seats (check)
Quarter Panel Dent (check)
Bouncy Struts (Check)

Turn the key and its sounds like 40 cans rattling in a dryer! A/c Compressor & Clutch locked up, Remove them, Install a new shorter belt. Turns over and runs Flawlessly!

Score in my book! So for about 22 Bux i stumbled upon a running driving Project.

Plans.
New Suspension Parts (Struts & Bushings)
Fix the Dent & Plastidip the hooker Blaaaaaaack.
Manual Swap It.
Drive the **** out of it.

Yup.

Old 10-28-14, 09:15 PM
teewee27
Driver School Candidate

Wats up club Lexus FAM .. My name is marquel , bought my Lexus a month ago n been fixing it up. Now I'm goin to lower it then camber n I also want to go to car meets r maybe join a club also.. I live in LA , south central part that is...
Old 10-28-14, 09:23 PM
teewee27
Driver School Candidate

This is my sc4hunnit...... South Central area..... Link up......
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_20141028_180958873.jpg  
Old 10-29-14, 09:49 PM
ninjaCEO
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Trilla
Had my SC for a couple years now, trying to be more active on here. Tell me what you think!

What exhaust is that you have? I like it. Dope SC man!
Old 10-30-14, 04:20 PM
Nick86
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys so I'm new to then Lexus and 2jz community... I currently own a Wrx but have found a sc300 that's been dealer maintained and adult driven for about 2,500$.... I've been really thinking about picking it up as my new project car. Is there anything I should look for? Any help would be appreciated!

P.s. The car is automatic

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!