SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-07, 04:49 PM
DOUBLE R
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone im new to this site so bare with me. I'm a honda driver but I want to upgrade a little. so i want to buy an sc300 bone stock and start from scratch. im located in south florida so if anyone knows anybody selling one pm me please. thanks
Old 12-19-07, 10:00 PM
azndragon
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey Guys

I bought my 93 SC400 around 5 years ago. I've never done anything to my white Beauty. starting to get stuff for it, 95-96 tails, front bumper with the grill, i think its hott. and side skirts and everything, thinking of a exhaust system.
Old 12-26-07, 09:36 AM
Simmerman
Driver School Candidate

Sup fellas? I've been browsing this forum for a while. Finally signed up. I am currently talking to a member on this site about his SC300 for sale. He claims it's running but the trans is uninstalled. I will be hopefully picking it up and doing a 2JZGTE swap because majority of the SC3s are 1JZ swapped, kinda want to change it up a little. I'm awaiting pictures from him and then I'll make up my mind on if I want to make the drive from VA to FL to get it.

Now on about me. I am currently 17. (young for this forums, I know) I've been reading and doing research but there's a lot of misleading info. Someone says one thing, and another person says something else.. I'm still trying to find the complete swap parts thread for the 2JZ SC3 swap. But back to about me. I am coming over from the Honda scene. I have had 4 Civics and I've swapped and blew up motors. Tired of the same old thing and I have wanted a SC3 for a LONG time. I want a VIPish car that can handle more power than a Honda. Plus the RWD.

But what do yall thing about a SC3 with the engine installed but the trans is not (but included in the sale) and already 5 speed for $1500 OBO. Like I said, I'm awaiting pictures.
Old 12-28-07, 12:46 AM
MT Photo
Driver

Howdy everyone, I've been lurking a while on the forums doing some research.

My name is Greg, and I hail from NC.

I just purchased A beautiful '93 SC400 last night(Pics coming soon.)after looking at it for a while.

I love the lines of the car, and the fact that it is a RWD V8. It's luxurious and underestimated. I'm looking to go Semi-VIP with some nice wheels and an Auto-couture kit. (I know...everyone and their mother has one.)

=]

I am a freelance photographer and I enjoy helping friends out with their cars, watching drift and auto-x events.
Old 12-28-07, 11:20 AM
clownin
Driver School Candidate

whats up everyone. i live jacksonville, fl and i have a 92 sc300 5 speed. so far its been a great car. i've had the car for almost a year now. its stock for now. haven't really came through to start modifications because i cant decide what to do. there is a lot of potential in this vehicle. i've been a lurker on this forum for a while and finally decided to chime in.

best wishes to everyone and drive safe.
Old 12-30-07, 08:20 PM
soaringsc3
Pole Position

hello everyone im brenden i live in so-cal and have been a sc owner for about a year now.. i look foward to upgrading my sc300 and seeing what other members have done to their cars...hello cl members
Old 01-04-08, 01:33 PM
scoarer400
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just gotta sc400.. wsup family?

sup yall'. just wanna introduce myself to the family. i just recently traded 93 infiniti g20+1600 for a 92 sc400 w/ 140k miles. The only thing is that my passesenger side door does not open from outside (which should be able to be fixed with door hinge), left headlight is out (i don't know if its the HID ballast or not), and the parking lights and fogs don't work, i think they just need to be rewired, and passenger side panel is kinda shot.. so if any1 know's of any1 selling any of these things lemme know. Anyway.. the name is jed. here are some pics

Name:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  60.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  58.8 KB
Old 01-07-08, 04:12 PM
97Rush300
Driver School Candidate

Evening, everyone.

My names Eric, and I am 19. I was a member here for a while, under a different name, which I no longer have the email // password for, so I couldn't retrieve it... So, I came back under this name, because I am a huge Rush fan!

I had decided about a year and a half ago that the SC300 was the car for me. Unfortunately, the person who I almost purchased the 94 5-Speed I was looking at sold the car on me because someone else offered him a little more... (Frustrating...) So, I went off in search of a different car. I ended up in a Mustang. I kept it clean, did only functional mods. I had exhaust, rims, tires, intake, and dyno-tune. You know, a little bit of fun! It was only the V6 model though. I would see a Supra or an SC300 every once in a while, and I would keep wondering what could have been with the Lexus, and not the Ford. Certainly, I loved my Mustang, I had wanted one since I was a kid. But the SC had something captivating that the Mustang didn't. Maybe it was just the fact that I didn't see one on every single street corner... Whatever it was I kept it in my mind.

Flash forward my little tale here to November 3, 2007.
I had just picked up a Supercharger for my little 'Stang, and I was actually ready to start making some power... when a big Ford F350 decided that my Mustang didn't look as good as it possibly could, so, he changed it to just how he wanted it. Hitting me in the right side of my car first, he destroyed my door, front quarter panel, mirror, and side scoop and front bumper. But he wasn't done yet. He hit the brakes, and I hit mine, because well, he had just hit me, and the trailer that he was towing didn't allow him to stop in time. His trailer destroyed my rear quarter panel, my trunk, and my rear bumper.
It was about 7000$$. He was at fault- but he was a very dishonest person. The insurance that he gave me turned out to be photoshopped, and he didn't actually have any! (My father and I are now suing him for the damages since he refused to pay...) I decided that I no longer wanted to work on the car, and just wanted to start over.

I needed a new car.
I saw a local ad for an SC300 and went to check it out. I went, drove it, the car seemed fine, but I never trust a used car salesmen, so I took it to a garage I used to work at, and they told me the car was fine. I am in the process of negotiating for the car now, and I have a down-payment on it. Hopefully, the sale goes well, we are almost there, (He wants 200 more for it than I want to pay, but I may just cave because the car is damn nice) and I am going to try and close the deal up tomorrow! It's a 1997 Maroon SC300 (auto) with 100,000 miles on the odometer!
I'm hoping that this one doesn't slip away, but since SC's have been on my mind so much, even if the car wasn't to end up in my possession, I would still look for a new one.
Anyway, thanks for reading that huge intro- I'll post pictures of the Mustang, both before the crash and after, and I am 100% sure that I will be posting a lot of pictures of whatever SC I end up in!

EDIT:

Yes! Sealed the deal today! I am in a '97 SC300!

Last edited by 97Rush300; 01-08-08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-08-08, 01:01 AM
azn1@671
Driver School Candidate

Question I Am A New Member Of The Sc400!

HELLO EVERYONE!

A FRIEND OF MIND RECOMENEDED THIS SITE FOR ME SINCE I HAVE NO KNOWLEDEGE ABOUT THE THE SC400 AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CAR THAT THEY CALL THE SOARER IN JAPAN.

I AM A CAR FANATAIC, MY FIRST CAR WAS A 96 INTEGRA, AND MY SECOND CAR IS A 91 INTEGRA.. SO AS U CAN ALREADY SEE THAT I HAD A HUGE JUMP FROM IMPORT CARS TO V.I.P EDITION. AN INTEGRA I CAN UNDERSTAND SINCE GUAM HAS SO MANY OF THAT AROUND THE ISLAND... OH YAH I FORGOT TO LET YA ALL KNOW THAT I AM FROM GUAM USA, SORRY TO BE RUDE.. JUST EXCITED ABOUT THIS..

ANYHOW, IF ANYONE CAN BE ABLE TO GIVE ME THE 411 ON THE 1997 SC400, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME SOME KNOWLEDGE ON WHAT I GOT MY SELF INTO.. LOL... IN A GOOD WAY.. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS...azn1
Old 01-08-08, 06:58 PM
TooMuch92
Driver School Candidate

Sup guys I got a 1992 SC400 its my first car and I love it. Its stock and most likely will remain stock. It came in pretty good shape Im a lil spoiled because my dad bought the car for me(3000$). I didnt even want a car in my defense but im glad I got it and I love it. But when I get my 5spd SC300 thatll be a different story.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lex1.jpg  
Old 01-09-08, 08:17 AM
rzuff
Rookie

My name is Reid and I am somewhat new. I had a Is300 sportcross a few years ago. Anyways I just picked up a very nice 1993 Sc300 5 speed Black with grey interior with 108k on it. It was a trade in at a Mercedes dealership and is very very clean. They sold it cheap because the airbag light was on and thanks to this forum it was super easy to clear. They also thought a 5 speed would be hard to sell . This car is going to be my daily driver I already have a pretty nice C5 corvette that I am modding but who knows I may sell it and go turbo on this car

Pictures to come I just drove it home 1700 miles and it's a tad dirty
Old 01-10-08, 09:42 AM
devone16
Driver School Candidate

Default New quy

Sup Peoples. My name is JD. I am 29y/o married with 2 rugrats. I am from the country so I have owned mostly trcuks and jeeps, however I had an opportunity to buy a 92 sc400 with 80k miles from an old man for $2000. I sold my jeep and bought the car and I know nothing about it. I am tryin to learn so I will be asking alot of question to some of the more advanced lexus owners. I don't have to many mod plans right now other that adding a stereo and Ipod adaptor until I finish with school, then I will get to work. I look forward to chatting with you all.
THx JD.

Name:  IMG_0063.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  84.6 KB
Old 01-13-08, 08:35 AM
97Rush300
Driver School Candidate

Even though I am new, Welcome to everyone else!

It's a community, so I suppose we can be new together :P
Old 01-13-08, 10:40 PM
chengxuez
Rookie

Hi My name is Chais Z from Irvine California.
this is my new ride 93 Lexus SC300 5-speed Black on Black.
Old 01-14-08, 09:32 PM
97RSPSCTT
Pole Position

Whats guys from down south in New Orleans. My name is Brian and I need some damn pics of my car........97 sc300 rsp hardtop, black leather, full us-spec 2jz-gte bpu+. Pics comin soon guys. But glad to be a part of the club.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!