SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-15, 11:30 AM
bdoug724
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allow me to introduce myself

Hey, im Branden. i have a '95 SC400
My current mods include:
'97+ body kit with fresh paint
Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers
Battle Version solid rack and pinion mounts.
Battle Version tie rods
BFI
Custom catback exhaust, 3 " to dual 2.5 " with wicked flow mufflers
HID headlights (highs, lows, and fogs 5000k 55w) and all other lights converted to LED from DDM Tuning
I am currently assembling all the parts needed to swap in an R154, all I need is the custom driveshaft, an LSD, and a few other small parts.

Plenty of more parts to come, both performance and cosmetic.

Follow my build on IG @bdouglas724

First shot with the new body kit

Before body kit, at Angels Crest cruise in LA
Old 03-24-15, 10:54 PM
Jawbreaker
Driver School Candidate

Hi all! My name's Ben and I've just picked up a '92 SC300! Currently almost completely stock, except for disastrous wheels and some no-name ebay lowering springs. Hoping to make it a great week day cruiser and a part time track warrior. Just enough to get my feet wet.

Projects and plans for the car include mostly restoring the interior, and getting wheels/suspension dialed in. Otherwise she is in great shape and I've already been enjoying driving her around town! Looking forward to all these forums have to offer!
Old 03-26-15, 09:55 AM
ScDamon
Driver School Candidate

Default What's up I'm Damon

New to this community and owning a Lexus. Just recently got a 97 sc300, 2jzge, 4spd automatic transmission. All I have done to it so far is replace adapters and exhaust, 4inch titnburnt tips Still learning just thought I would drop in and introduce myself, hit me up, ask me anything about my car, or suggestive ideas. I've been looking at a precision turbo kit, but that's after I get some wheels and possibly coilovers.

Last edited by ScDamon; 03-26-15 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-26-15, 10:14 AM
ScDamon
Driver School Candidate

Its cleannnn, I like it
Old 03-28-15, 02:11 AM
95sc300tec
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi I'm new. please be understanding :(

hi my name is Ben. i am a new owner of a 95 sc300 (Manuel) and i have never been on an internet forum before so please bear with me. i am a certified lexus mechanic and have been working on cars for many many years. i have been a huge fan of Honda's (mostly because they make great motors/trannys) but always an import fan. i feel I'm a competent tech but know little about modding the car i own. im hoping for help about good after market parts and where to find them. i know a lot bout lexus cars but not in the after market world. i would really like some advise
Old 03-28-15, 12:16 PM
6sick6
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone! I just picked up a black on black 5-spd, 93' sc300 a couple months ago for my daily. I've been a long time CL member since I also have an 06' IS350. But I'll be giving the SC a little make over in the next month or so!

Old 03-29-15, 12:11 PM
Sc400NL
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sick6
Hey everyone! I just picked up a black on black 5-spd, 93' sc300 a couple months ago for my daily. I've been a long time CL member since I also have an 06' IS350. But I'll be giving the SC a little make over in the next month or so!

welcome and such a great combo
but the SC must had some wider wheels in its past because the rear fenders are pulled
any plans on the wheel setup in the near future ?
Old 03-31-15, 05:02 AM
VGPresrvtn
Driver School Candidate

Default Ahoy polloi!

Just purchased a '96 SC400 in Imperial (?!) Jade Mica w/ 157k. My dream car since they were introduced Beautiful ride with reupholstered interior. Now to fix the stereo, et al, lol.. and post pics very soon! Glad to find this forum. Cheers!
Old 04-02-15, 09:35 PM
NykonSC300
Driver School Candidate

First time SC300 owner here, just picked up my car last Thursday for a whooping $400 (P/O could not sort a grounding issue). I fixed the car in about 1/2 hour and took it for a ride.

Starting with the basics right now (oil/ trans fluid). TB looks fairly new, the car says 241 on the clock but, it looks like mechanically it was fairly well maintained. The paint looks terrible, I may try and wet sand it I really don't want to rattle . The drivers side door card is f'ed and I crawl through the passenger side door to exit at the moment. Mechanically the car and the 2jz seem extremely simple compared to previous projects. If I hold on to the is car which I plan to I want to do either a 2.5 JDM swap with transmission or just a 5 speed swap.

I am thinking about starting with replacing all the control arm bushings and transmission mounts along with all of the vacuum lines and the serpentine belt.

Any other recommendations? Short term goal, solid reliable DD. Long term goal , track / drift toy. after I sold my e30 drift/track toy, i have been itching to start a new project.

One thing I did notice that kinda concerned me is the transmission gets kinda wonky when O/D is on.

Last edited by NykonSC300; 04-02-15 at 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling / more info.
Old 04-03-15, 07:16 AM
ems
Lead Lap

Tons of options out there and from what ive seen on craigs the transmissions are not expensive on the AT side of things. so a temp fix to a swap isnt terrible. The users on this forum are filled with crazy good knowledge for all your needs, helped me a ton. Its one of those things, I know my way around a car, but its so nice to have vehicle specific cats that know every nut and bolt. Use the hell out of the DIY and the search, but most importantly enjoy the car. At the price you got it for theres nothing to lose!! welcome.
Old 04-03-15, 06:10 PM
6ftrabbit
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello All

Hey All,

Decided to join the forums. First time Lexus owner here. Possibly looking to purchase a '93 SC400 tomorrow from a local dealer. I'll post in a link in the general forum.
Old 04-05-15, 07:45 AM
Thomas1jz
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys!! first time lexus owner about a month a go bought a 92 sc400 with a 1jz swap and single turbo and stock sc400 30-40le automatic transmission Its already started slipping now LOL but i still love it . I Will try and post some pics soon.

Last edited by Thomas1jz; 04-05-15 at 09:20 AM. Reason: pic
Old 04-05-15, 07:57 AM
JClassen
Driver School Candidate

Default Half noob

Hello everyone, my name is Johnathan but people refer to me by my last name (Classen). I live in sunny South Florida. This is my first time posting on CL but I'm a long time lurker. My first car was a '88 Supra and after I sold it, I bought a burgundy '92 SC400. I was sold on these cars even in my cars dilapidated state. One it finally gave out on me in Orlando (318k), I changed things up a made the financial mistake of buying an RX7. After just 6 months with it I bought a '99 Prelude because gas miles . Unfortunately but fortunately, Florida drivers suck and my car got totaled. My dad and I walked out but now I needed a new car. I was fortunate that with the low miles and rarity of the car that I had enough to get back into a Lexus. I ended up with a white 97 Sc300 with 160k miles and maintenance records all the way back to September of her first year. And this is where I am at now. Really hope I can meet with SC owners in the area and maybe learns a thing or two.
Old 04-07-15, 11:05 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by paco5150
Any SC people from north Texas?
i live in the north texas area and i own a sc. where are you located exactly
Old 04-07-15, 11:39 AM
6ftrabbit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigwes
i live in the north texas area and i own a sc. where are you located exactly
I do also. I am on the Fort Worth side of DFW

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!