SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-15 | 02:33 PM
patrlefe
Driver School Candidate

Default seeking 1995 SC300 front drivers red fender - ideally renaissance red

Where referrals where i can locate one of these?
Old 10-20-15 | 08:56 PM
AustRJWeb
Driver School Candidate

Hi all! The name's Austin, and I've owned my red 1998 SC300 for about ten months - it's about time I introduced myself and, more importantly, my bae Liam! I've wanted an SC since I was 18... I remember the first one I drove was a black 1999 SC400 with 120k miles... Back then I drove a little '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder with 200k miles, so obviously I fell in love with the velvety Lexus SC. 6 years later and I finally have the disposable income for the extra car, and when I found one in the same state with low miles I decided I had to have it!

I bought him in January with 77,000 miles, 1 previous owner. I drove about 7 hours from San Francisco with a terrible hangover on New Years Day to purchase him from a collector who sells classics at Barrett Jackson.

I've put about 10k miles on him since and he's running fantastically. Unfortunately due to some unexpected medical issues (bills finally came), I might have to let go of him =[ but if not, I plan on slowly replacing the bushings (those poor things are 17 years old!) and lubing some of the suspension. Eventually I'd like to stiffen up the suspension and strap on a turbo.The key fob batteries are both dead and I've had no luck getting the dammed screws off, so I've had to endure using a key to open and lock my doors. **the horror**

The only mod I've completed so far is replacing the halogen candles with LED bulbs up front, though these aren't as bright as HIDs... I might swap those out from my Honda Accord. I bought LED 194 replacement bulbs for the parking lights but can't seem to get those suckers out! I'm not very mechanically inclined, so I only get around to working on Liam when I have a buddy to lend a hand... It could also use a nice tint - I'm thinking the blue that Mercedes put on its Sport models.

Last edited by AustRJWeb; 10-20-15 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 10-23-15 | 06:54 AM
TswSc300
Driver School Candidate

How's it going all, my name is Jon. Just picked myself up a 1992 sc300 5spd! Super excited as I've wanted one of these cars for atleast 10yrs. I'm in San antonio, Tx. I'm 27yrs old and my SC is in silver spruce metallic. Just picked it up a week ago today and I already have wheels awaiting tires(18" TSW willows) Whoever put the 15's on it before I bought it should be ashamed of themselves lol. Few months I plan to order a decent set of coil overs and that will be about it for awhile. Look forward to meeting some of yall if anyone is in my area. I hope I'm worthy 😁

Last edited by TswSc300; 10-23-15 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-24-15 | 04:31 AM
goodtogo
Rookie

Hey folks,

We bought a 97 SC400 pearly white 3 yrs ago from my GF's sister for about $3K . It's for our boy's first car ans college commute. It was only about 100K miles but it was not well maintained. We had to spend another $3K++ for mechanical, electrical, brakes, interior, speakers, tires, etc. Now at 140K miles, the engine is toasted. Currently, it's in my buddy's shop waiting either for either a engine rebuilt or swap. We still love the car though (power/styling/comfort). My boy dinged it a couple of places. So, I plan to have a paint and body refresh soon. Hopefully, a nice before and after photos by X-mas. Too bad the cool console car phone doesn't work anymore - it's so 90's.

Last edited by goodtogo; 10-24-15 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-26-15 | 10:11 AM
carguy62
Driver School Candidate

Default New guy

Hello Everyone,

I am carguy62 and just gt a 94 SC 300 with 194,000. I have always liked these cars since my co worker bought one new in 92. It was a 2 owner car the first had it for 16 yrs and the second for 5yrs. It is in great condition and i am enjoying it very much.
Old 10-28-15 | 08:01 PM
Barbonect
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone,
My name is Toni and recently aquaired a 94 SC400 with 36,142 miles on. This will be my 3rd car that I currently own.
The car is black with tan interior. It has all the options that were offered back in 94, even a corded phone . I'm the second owner of the. The first owner is an older lady - she's in her late 70's who I personally know for about 5 years. It was her "weekend" car as she has a personal driver during the week. The car came with all the manuals, keys, service receipts, original sticker price and even her temporary registration and her AMEX recipt form when she put down a deposit.
Anyway, the car hasn't been started in 3 years and kept outdoors under a carport. It will need a new battery, a set of tires and a complete tune up and the rear seat (grand kids decided to leave painting oil tubes without a cap on and they got all stained...)
No plans for it yet... I might keep it or sell it.

Last edited by Barbonect; 11-03-15 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-03-15 | 05:46 AM
Barbonect
Driver School Candidate

Old 11-08-15 | 03:34 PM
sc1uzfe
Driver School Candidate

Default Noob

Hello, I'm James. I just bought a 92 sc400 for 700$ with 213k, no trans fluid, no power steering fluid, interior is crap besides the back seats and the dash, pedometer needles don't light up, window switch is broken, few dents here and there but ultimately a screaming deal for 700$. My plans are to convert to 5 speed with either an r154 or w58 whichever I come across first which will probably be the 58, and then most likely supercharge it with the svt blower. Right now it sits on Varrstoen es7r's 18x9.5 front wrapped in 225/40r and 18x10.5 in rear wrapped with 245/40r. So far this car has treated me well as a daily driver and a beginners drift missile. I still can't decide whether i want to fix the interior or not I do like the stripped race car look but do enjoy the lexus feel, we'll see. I figured coming on this site would be good since I've owned many cars through the last 5 years and haven't been on any forums besides my first build which was a subaru and i am very glad to be far away from that scene holy ****. i have one picture of my car on my profile i do not know how to insert a photo in threads.

Last edited by sc1uzfe; 11-08-15 at 03:37 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff
Old 11-08-15 | 09:52 PM
Gearphreak
Driver School Candidate

I've got a 93 SC300 auto. When I got it last week, wasn't firing on all cylinders and had thick white smoke coming from the exhaust and reeking of fuel. I've got a 92 SC300 also I'm working on (runs fine), so, after changing 4 of the 6 spark plugs on the 93 initially (all of which were black & fouled out), and seeing that it ran no better, I decided to swap the ECUs just to test the theory (noting the part numbers were different). So...after the ECU swap, took the 93 for a drive and it fired on all cylinders, BUT still had the smoke and fuel smell issue. I sent the 93 ECU off to be repaired after discovering some leaky capacitors once I cracked it open, and after getting it back there is still no difference! What gives? Still not firing properly (noting the 92 ECU FIXED that issue), and still white smoke with a strong fuel smell.
Old 11-09-15 | 12:57 AM
Dah808kine
Driver School Candidate

Default Howzit from hawaii

Howzit my name is nate I'm from Hawaii, just cruising the forum for parts, builds, and fixes... ty
Old 11-09-15 | 10:34 AM
ScDan
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone i just picked up a 95 sc300 automatic gold in color with 140k its bone stock for now...
soon i want to get and install a new radio with an amp and sub , big brake kit from a TT and maybe some new wheels
later.. as in when i kill the 2jzge i would love to swap in a 1jz and r154 from a soarer.
Whats the deal with swapping badges i really like the idea. Where can i get some soarer badges? Ebay maybe? and is there a proper way to remove the badges
Any advice with the speaker wiring or any input on swaps 2jz vs 1jz and has anyone ever swapped in a 7m.
Thanks Dan
Old 11-09-15 | 04:32 PM
Swede426
Driver School Candidate

Hello,
This is my first post. I live in daytona beach and own a sc300 I've invested a lot of money in and I love it.
Old 11-10-15 | 01:49 AM
ghettoboy2
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, name's Note. You might know me from other forums as "ghettoboy247" and my other car from the track/show scene, the buddyclub racing honda fit. I had a 1994 SC300 back in 2004-2008 where I was piecing together everything for a Soarer Conversion; JDM Aristo Front Clip w/ MINE's built 2j from G-Speed (RIP), R-154 Tranny, JDM Soarer Wheels, etc... but I got rear-ended before I could start the swap so I ended up parting out and even though I repaired most of the damage on the car, found out the frame was tweaked so ended up giving the car to my uncle who needed another dd.

Fast forward to today, my dad's retired doctor friend offered him his old 1995 SC300 in Diamond White Pearl for $500 and yea... I has a new daily! Granted it needs a little work like upholstery, driver side tail light lens, climate control lcd (who doesn't right?), and the telescoping steering wheel won't go up/down but can still go in/out. Minor dents in the passenger rear is the only issue along with a good clay bar/wet sand/buff/wax job should restore most of the oem shine!

OEM Chrome Wheels have nice new Yokohama rubbers (comfy) and no engine/tranny leaks, noises, issues so I'm pretty stoked! Hopefully I'll be able to make it into a nice daily cruiser without going to crazy with it... i hope!

O yea, could definitely use a sound system but hey, it helps that I use to work for Al & Ed's right? Glad to be back on the forums!
Old 11-10-15 | 10:21 PM
oracio
Driver School Candidate

New member! Loving all these SC's

My 1992 sc300

Old 11-11-15 | 02:02 PM
zmds18
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys new here, picked up a 1jz swapped 92 SC a month or so ago.

Looking forward to cleaning the car up, making it classy, and fast.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!