SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-08, 08:05 AM
imagine-02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy yall!
I dont have a Lexus, yet. I have a Honda Accord. But, Im buying my friends SC400 from him. I think its a '95. Ill have to check. It needs work really bad. the passenger side door lock is broken. cant open it from the inside or out. the driver side door lock is also broken. cant open it from the outside. the windshield is busted out. most of the lights in the gauges are burnt out. the front bumper, which is a demon body kit, is broken up pretty bad. I love the AC body kit, but i cant afford a body kit that expensive. im only a high schooler with a low paying job. I know most of you on here dont like knock offs, but is there a knock off body kit of the AC?
Old 02-09-08, 08:31 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No knockoff bodykit of the AC and hope there won't be. Take care of the maintenance stuff before spending cash on bodykits/wheels/performance. Hope you are buying it for pretty cheap.
Old 02-09-08, 11:09 AM
imagine-02
Driver School Candidate

I got a quick question. He has another set of 17" rims off of a Solara that he used on his SC4 for about a month. When he took them off for the winter we noticed that the inner side of the tires were worn a lot worse than the rest of the tire.
Could this be from a different offset between the Solara rims and the SC rims? He did drift quite bit, so i was also thinking that might be why too.
Old 02-09-08, 11:14 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Could be alignment off, blown shocks, improper mounting of tires, or just from his drifting. Most Lexus/Toyota wheels have similar offsets so that is rarely the case. Post in the main forum for questions of shoot me a pm. We'll leave this thread for new member introductions.
Old 02-10-08, 02:36 PM
MJThompson
Rookie

Hey Guys,

My names Michael, I'm a 17 year old in Southlake, Texas. I've had my share of Sc's in my life and I must be honest. I'm completely in love with them. Here's a little shortened version of my automobile life. I grew up with my step dad and his 1995 Sc300. It was a 5 speed and I was completely obsessed with it. I used to do his shifting for him every chance i got. Little did I know when I turned 16 I received that car. I was overjoyed. I treated it with the utmost respect...(but you know you gotta drive it the way there meant to be driven sometimes!) A few months before it turned 17 on my way to school on a dark rainy day. A pickup swerved in front of me before a stop light and i rear-ended him. I was devastated. My dream car was totaled and I didn't know if i was going to get another car. Especially not another SC. So i worked and worked. I worked my tail off to rais around 3 grand when my step dad found an sc400. I begged and begged )just as any man would do for a SC!) Untill one day after football practice I pulled in my drive way and bam. There she was. To wrap a long story up. I own a 1997 Sc400 now. And I love it. Just a little peek into the life of me.

Anyways I've been following this forum for a while now and I figured why not get in on the action! I'll try and have some pics up soon for you guys to check out.

Thanks!
MJ
Old 02-10-08, 10:31 PM
SC3CHiCK
Driver School Candidate

Default New to Forum

I've got a '96 SC3 blk/blk 5spd. I Love Her! Named her the Black Pearl. Sorry guys, I'm a chick, so you'll have to excuse the gay things that I do. I'll try to keep it VIP though and get your input before I do any major mods. ThX
Old 02-11-08, 01:19 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome all, keep 'em coming
Old 02-11-08, 10:11 AM
TheCoupe
Driver

Default FNG.. Checking in

Let me introduce myself... '92 SC300 w/close to 300,000mi on stock block, 5-speed tranny, and rear diff. I purchased the car about 2yrs ago for way too much. The car was a "diamond in the rough"... the car was just plain nasty. Most of the interior was either missing, layerd with dirt, or just missing. I drove the car home using shop towels on the steering wheel and shifter. The car has many new pieces to include door panels, upper door panel, center console and shifter boot assembly. Here's a list of mods:

Ext.
JDM Sidemarker
JDM Griffin and "Soarer" emblems
97 Front end conversion... RIP my 92front end
IS350 Stocks
Lamin-X Headlight, Highbeam, Fog covers
Hids top(8K) and (3k bottom)

Int.
Supra TT Tan leather seats..Power seats..
98GS300 steering wheel
ES330 Rearview mirror... for the compass
Scion TC shift ****

Suspension & Brakes.
LS400 Big brake conversion.. Powder Coated Candy Purple.. HKS purple
KYB AGX shocks and unknown springs... the car sits very low, probably cut

Performance.
Injen Short ram intake
Flex-a-lite Electric Fan conversion
HKS Hipower universal muffler with 2.75 from the Cat back.

Futur plans.
Cusco Zero-2E coilovers w/Econ.. 5more weeks till they arrive
TRD Supra TT front and rear sway bar kit.
TRD Supra TT Upper Strut Brace
Various Exterior things.. I dont wanna ruin the surprise
Enkei RPF1 SBC
Last but not least... BOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSTTTT

Heres some pics of my whip.

Name:  SC300001.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  74.9 KB
Name:  SC300002.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  55.7 KB
Name:  SC300004.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  56.1 KB
Name:  SC300006.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  SC300010.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  56.8 KB
Name:  SC300012.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  58.5 KB

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-16-08 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-11-08, 11:27 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Clean car! Those headlight covers go really well with the paint.
Old 02-11-08, 04:34 PM
SOARER5150
Driver School Candidate

Hi My Name Is "bippu Drifter" Aka "soarer5150." I Have Been Registered For Awhile But Haven't Been Too Much Active On The Forum. I Own 1993 Sc 400 And A Gs 300. I Have Recently Got The Car Out Of The Paint Shop. I Had The Work Done @ 16 Customs In Gardena, California. The Original Color Was Midnite Blue But I Have Changed The Color Into Black Added With Gold Pearls. I Also Added 1998-2001 Vertex Body Kit Which Was Purchased At L-tuned In Carson, California. I Have Modified The Original Hood With The Uras Vent From Japan. The Sc Has Been De-badged To The Soarer And The Griffen Lion And Also Has The 1st Generation Advan 18' That Was Purchased @ Takumi Project. I Would Like To Meet Any Lexus Sc, Gs, Or Ls Fanatics Like Me. I Would Like To Have Bi-weekly Car Meets If Possible.
Old 02-11-08, 05:01 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

damn "theCoupe"

is that alien toes i see in the reflection of the third pic?? lmao j/k bro cars looking good see you at work on WEDNESDAY!! haha my day off.. i get to enjoy it at home sick with no voice...
Old 02-11-08, 06:53 PM
Douge
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, may pick up an SC tomorrow, dropped in to see if I could loot the Lexus SC brain trust before I make the purchase.

I have been a hardcore European car buyer for many many years, I am looking forward to checking out the Lexus brand.
Old 02-11-08, 07:14 PM
TheCoupe
Driver

Originally Posted by Douge
Hey guys, may pick up an SC tomorrow, dropped in to see if I could loot the Lexus SC brain trust before I make the purchase.

I have been a hardcore European car buyer for many many years, I am looking forward to checking out the Lexus brand.
Door hinges go bad... look at the fender if its dented in by the hinge ur gonna need the hinges. They are extremely expensive.

Oil leaks... the leak badly after awhile. The biggest one u have to look for is the Distributor O-ring, if its leaking and has been leaking for a long time its going to leak right onto the alternator.

Distributors...
After a while the distributor will go bad, at high RPM the distributor will lose its signal and cause the engine not to pass 4000rpm.

Door panels...
The door panel is divided into three pieces... Upper, Flat, and Handle area. Handle area or also known as the swich panel will crack because most people will rest their legs on it. Look for cracks by the speaker grill.

The upper part of the door panel will crack right in the center because people like to rest their arms there.. if its not broken now it will break later.

A/C system...
If the battery leaks acid past the tray.. its gonna leak on ur AC lines. They only come w/the High and Low lines bolted by a bracket.

the LCD may go bad on high mileage SC's, u can get replacement sets on Ebay. If u want one from a dealer prepare urself for an *** raping with a pinecone. EXPENSIVE.

My best recomendation is that if the interior is shot and the car is going to be a daily driver or not a drag car dont get it look for another one. Interior pieces are extremely expensive and in most cases not worth it. I made the mistake of picking mine up with a shot interior. If u need any help locating parts drop me an email.
Old 02-11-08, 07:25 PM
Douge
Driver School Candidate

Thanks bro, the interior is freaky minty. I saw some serious dogs but this one is excellent. I will look for the under the hood issues tomorrow.
Old 02-12-08, 05:53 PM
soarer583
Driver School Candidate

Hi all! Just joined the forum. I've had my Lexus for a little over a year now and have a 1J sitting around waiting to go in this summer. I just need to get all the necessary hardware together (engine mounts, water pump, spark plugs, etc.). Here's some pictures.
Name:  CIMG0483.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  88.5 KB
Name:  CIMG0011.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  119.1 KB
Name:  CIMG0195.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  79.3 KB

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!