SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-08, 03:03 PM
bippu-kun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys My name is Sakae from vancouver canada I have 2soarers right now
Old 02-24-08, 09:46 PM
soarer0007
Driver School Candidate

hey guys newbe on the forums ....... WHAT UUUUUP...!!!
Old 02-25-08, 01:19 AM
sgunitkc
Driver

Default Sc300 Or 400? Personal Preferences?

Hello!

I've actually been around this forum for a while, but I finally decided to register because I'm planning to get a sc300/400 in the next month.
I was pretty much settled on the 400 for stock power w/o any intense mods, but I've started to think otherwise due to gas mileage. So far, I've been pretty much happy with my '04 solara, but there just isn't any potential for any kind of mods (big or small) nor the power.

That's just the short background on where I am, but on another note, I just wanted to kindly ask everyone what your preferences are. Is it worth losing the extra gas for more horsepower? This goes to both sc300 and 400 owners. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-26-08, 08:18 PM
alotakoon
Driver School Candidate

Default Traded my Boost MR2 For an SC!

Been lurking around on this forum for a lil and wanted one since!! Hi..mMy name is Alan and I'd like to introduce myself to all. It all started when I first recieved my MR2. It was boosted and all but I really don't know because I was always more of a luxury kinda kid outta the group but I always stayed on top! Well as things went by..I started looking towards 4-door sedan sportlux and was getting very interested at the point...I was looking towards BMW 540i and thought..."I don't want a V8..." and then I saw on my local forum an SC300 was posted forsale..So I looked and saw then the SC300 was powered by a 2JZ-GE and fell in LOVE..NA-T FTW! and it turns out someone wanted to trade an MR2 for an SC300 =D

1992 SC300 5 Speed

Cut to the chase...PICTURES!!! by me.

Name:  scwheellevel.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  91.2 KB
Name:  screarlow.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  49.2 KB
Name:  scfrontlow.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  44.9 KB
Name:  scdoor.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  51.7 KB
Old 02-26-08, 09:05 PM
Mick
Pole Position

Good trade

Old 02-27-08, 11:41 AM
WAR Inc.
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. My name is Kene. I am two weeks new the sc300 game. I just left the dsm side of this great sport, and I am anxious to get this project going. I have a 94 sc and I just bought the Aristo motor and tranny to insta by next. that motor is heavy as hell. I will be doing the manual conversion sometime in the near future.
I don't have any pics at this time but I will get some.
Old 02-29-08, 01:26 AM
koji187
Rookie

Hey what's up everyone I'm new here.. I just picked up an SC300 about a week ago.. Got a great deal on it.. 1994 SC300 pearl white 5speed.. It's decent the paint/body but has a couple dents and the previous owner never took the bra off.. What a pain..

I've owned a 93 MR2 turbo, 72 240z, 05 tC, 85 corolla gt-s, and by far the SC300 is the most comfortable out of all of those, may not be the fastest, but it's comfortable and I love it!
Old 03-01-08, 05:59 AM
BlackLbl16
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys my name is Jordan and I have a green 92 SC300 with 168K on it still in great shape just minor wear and tear, I wish I had some good pics for you guys but im sure that will come later on anyway I love everything about the car the speed, the looks, and the ride, so much better then my 93 olds cutlass supreme anyway I've already received so much help through the forums already so thanks guys
Old 03-01-08, 07:44 AM
tcrow31
Pole Position

Sup guys...after many poor choices in cars i finally picked up a 93 sc300 after being convinced by a friend that i will be more than happy with this car. Its a green sc with 120k. It was a theft recovery car but it was not wrecked and nothing was taken out of the car. I was really impressed with the condition with the car so i had to scoop it up and the 3400 dollar price tag made it a steal. I should have some pics up in a week or so. In the process of washing clay baring, waxing and detailing the interior. Also dropping it and putting TT wheels on it.
Old 03-01-08, 08:02 PM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone, my names Ryan <-- Stoked new owner

I have a 92' Sc300 gold/tan 147k 5spd

I found it in Houston for $3900. It was taken care of, by the first owner at least. A Lexus service advisor at a dealer in Houston was cool enough to pull it's records, and go through them for me. It had quite a bit done including the
90k major service

It's not Aesthetically pleasing as I'd like it to be, but I can get it there.

These forums are an amazing resource, too.

Here are the issues I bought it with.

Check engine light- Rear knock sensor wire was damaged- Fixed
Front pass rotor warped- Fixed it
Badly needed tuneup- Completed myself
Leaking power steering hose- Waiting on the part
Steering rack bushing- Daizen kit ready to install
Pass window regulator-

I've added a couple thing's so far.

Toyota red coolant flush/full check by Bearden Lexus repair in Austin,Tx.
95 tail lights
Magnaflow mufflers
EBC green pads
Clarion stereo
Ceramic tint
Waiting on Sportmax 962, Yokohama AVS Sport 245/40/18,265/35/18, should be here this week.

Plans for it?

Sc400 rear spoiler- have this already
97-00 Front bumper cover
Tanabe springs/KYB struts
Supra brakes
Paint
Undecided about gte swap vs. na-t

Here's when I first got it.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...2/IMGP0636.JPG

And now..

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...2/IMGP0766.JPG

I'm going to install a 97-00 bumper cover soon. It's a straight car, but the bumper cover was messed up.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...2/IMGP0771.JPG

I also have a 1994' Sc300 black on dark grey and black interior- automatic 170k
Runs like a friggin champ..a/c blows cold,absolutely freaking heinous wheels.
I got this 94' by luck really. I was at a car lot test driving an Sc400, and I was talking about the Gte swap, and the owner looked up surprised, and said he had a Sc300 out back, and it wasn't even for sale. It started right up and he said $2500. Sold!! Drove it back to Austin.. hook line and sinker...got me!

Has some issues-
lady freaking managed to break both interior door handles! I have 2 ready to install
drive door panel hammered- Dark grey interior is impossible!
center console thrashed- I found a good replacement
both window regulators dead
EGR valve throwing code- I'm about to bypass it(gots the parts, but I'm lazy)

This is a straight car, don't know the history on it yet, but it seem's freaking solid. The a/c lighting is still perfect too. I might sell this car to a friend though.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...2/IMGP0725.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...2/IMGP0769.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...2/IMGP0770.JPG

Last edited by RyanV; 03-01-08 at 08:11 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-02-08, 04:27 PM
*hybrid
Rookie

Awesome forum. I'm running nowadays in a 92 1JZ SC300, T70 turbo, with a 97 front bumper, rear bumper, and sideskirts. My other car is a 91 300ZX HKS TT. Love bOoSt! great info here for anybody.
Old 03-10-08, 04:46 PM
Yahoo27
Driver

I've been a lurker for a year now, just picked up a 1993 Green Sc300 5spd with 190xxx miles, motor is running good but came with a few problems.

Problems when i got the car:
Heater not working
A/C
Shock/struts
brakes
exhaust leak
car doesn't drive straight
Driver side Headlight is an aquarium
Door locks button doesn't work
Reverse light doesn't work
truck supports

So far i fixed:
Brakes, needed new calipers,rotors,pads
Headlight, did the DIY
exhaust leak
got an alignment
recharged the a/c
discovered HCV doesn't work
and cleaned her up looks great

In the long run I plan on going NA-T, 97+ conversion, this forum helped alot and will most likely help in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-sc.jpg  
Old 03-11-08, 09:28 PM
speedrace
Rookie

Default First drive tonite in my SC300 5-speed -- what a car!

Hello to all -- After lurking on this forum for the last few weeks and reading what must have been a few hundred threads to educate myself about the Coupes --- I took the plunge !!!!

I drove and looked at both SC400's and 300's and then came to the conclusion it was a 5-spd 300 that would draw me in. Problem was that I had to look at so many that were poorly represented as being "mint" or "extra clean" that I was getting discouraged.

Then I drove the pearl white '92 in these pictures, and Man!..... what a difference! The car had full records, including the print-outs from all the Dealer visits --- was maintained to the hilt and even though it has 170K on it now it sure didn't look or drive like it.

A few years ago (3 1/2) a PO had Todd at TM Engineering fit Tanabe springs, Tokico dampners, a DST sway bar set, and new control arm bushings. The IS wheels look good (I think), and the interior looks like showroom condition.

All in all -- I'm extremely pumped about my purchase, and the 40 minute drive home just had me smiling with the stereo cranking (only thing is the stereo back-light is inop).

I did pay all of the dough (a bit more than $7K ) but the $4-6K cars I looked at couldn't even come close in comparison.

My 20 year old Son is into late 80's Supra Turbo's and has a 450 h.p. street car. It was his belief that the 300 has a mod path that he already is knowledgeable about, and so one of the reasons I bought this car was so we could work together on engine/chassis mods when I'm ready for...well....more fun.

I've had many sports cars, some even exotic like my F-car Cabriolet I take out on weekends -- but I gotta say I am way impressed with this car in its present state. You guys lit the flame as I read through your experiences.

My background is in Pro Motorsport -- like Indy Car, IMSA GTP, NHRA,and the open-wheel Formula cars I raced and prepped for years. So I feel the need for speed and handling improvements are going to be a part of the SC experience. Nothing too radical -- just enough to keep that smile going as I carve corners and steer against power delivery coming onto the straights.

Later -- I gotta go and stare at it for a while longer tonite.

Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-cimg0922.jpg  
Old 03-11-08, 09:32 PM
speedrace
Rookie

Default Another pic of my '92 300

Here's another shot
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-cimg0916.jpg  
Old 03-11-08, 09:37 PM
speedrace
Rookie

Default One more of the front view

Jeez!-- I wish I could send more, but damn!-- I gotta read the owners manual!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-cimg0924.jpg  

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!