SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-08, 12:02 PM
howat
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1998 sc300

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I'm very excited to be here. I purchased a 1998 sc300 less than 6 month ago. She had only 84,000k miles at that time.
I love this car so much. I'm here to learn as much as I can to maintain this pristine automotive pinnacle at its peak condition.
Thank you all.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-im000053.jpg  

Last edited by howat; 04-24-08 at 12:39 PM. Reason: picture
Old 03-27-08, 01:26 PM
Glibber
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Glibber

I bought my 1996 Lexus SC400 just last week. In 1997 I desperately wanted to buy an SC300 5-speed, but alas could not afford such an expensive slightly used car. I drove my 1995 Mazda Millenia until it started falling apart.
I saw this gently used 1996 SC400 with just over 70,000 miles. It has the high end sterio, moonroof, 12-disc changer, gold emblems. Anyway it is my dream car. My wife ran into a gal at the supermarket and they run an auto detailing/paint restoration business and were running a training seminar for paint restoration forks from around the US and Canada. They needed a car to work on that was dark, so I got a freebe.
I feel like the luckiest guy in the world- other then perhaps some of the younger club members who got their first Lexus SC before they were 20.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-sc400b.jpg  
Old 03-27-08, 01:27 PM
Glibber
Driver School Candidate

Default Additional Pic

Additional Pic
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-sc400c.jpg  
Old 03-27-08, 01:43 PM
Glibber
Driver School Candidate

Default Very clean Engine

Very clean Engine
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-sc400d.jpg  
Old 03-27-08, 02:43 PM
Brendon
Pole Position

Hi, I just joined today. I've been a member of the US Lexus Owner's Club forums for the past few years. Unfortunately they don't have a very strong 1st gen SC community. It seems like there's a lot more people here.

My car's a rennaissance red 1997 SC400. I bought it back in January. I used to own a 1998 Corolla in HS and first few years in College. I've been saving up my money to buy this car of my dreams and now I finally got it. I'm actually a bit sad to see my Corolla go . I sold it to my friend/sister's roommate. Maybe a few years from now I can buy it back from him. I just can't afford to insure 2 cars right now. I know it was just a Corolla, but I had some good times in that little car.

Anyways, I'm glad to have this beauty Lexus and I know I'll never sell it. I'll sell my apartment and live in a box before I ever sell this car. I'm hoping to mod it up a bit to make it a bit sportier handling. Aside from that, there isn't a thing I would change on this car. She's absolutely beautiful.
Old 03-27-08, 04:48 PM
sphy1005
Instructor

Originally Posted by RX400
I recently purchased a wrecked 1993 SC 400. I bought it for parts after researching the engine thoroughly. I drove it home to Tampa Bay from Atlanta and I truely enjoyed the car. Had it not been so smashed in the rear I would have considered keeping it. I have pulled the engine, and sold many things on line. In fact I have paid for the car so in essence I have a free engine. The plan is to put this motor and mate it with a 5-6 speed standard trans (working on an adapter now) then putting it in my 1988 RX7 Convertible. Toyota spent $400Mill developing this engine and I believe it is the perfect power/weight/size for my transplant. We shall see. I hope to learn from the other about wiring harness and computer issues. I hope the nature of my project does not make me a pariah. I am glad to be here!
Cool, hope you don't have too many fitment problems, i know they put the ls1 in there that runs great so lets see it. G/L
Old 03-28-08, 06:07 PM
SCotty P
Driver School Candidate

First Post I just bought a SC400 after my tacoma was wrecked. Its in real good shape(always garaged) gotta love that. I'll post some pics soon.
Old 04-01-08, 03:16 PM
Sakura_Pro
Rookie

My name is Greg, I have a 1993 SC300 with about 77k on the motor and 120k on the body. It was wrecked. I have replaced the pass side upper cont. arm, the pass side hub, I had to replace the struts as one was bent in the accident and got a deal on SC400 struts/springs. I replaced the inner and outer tie rods and the rack bushings. I have some 2.5GT-T fenders, and I picked up a V-Speed kit. My interior is gutted. The car is gold (mostly) I'm still looking for a pass. door skin so if you live in the phoenix area and have one hit me up otherwise i may save my pennies and get seibon carbon doors.
Old 04-01-08, 06:35 PM
32SC
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Brendon
Hi, I just joined today. I've been a member of the US Lexus Owner's Club forums for the past few years. Unfortunately they don't have a very strong 1st gen SC community. It seems like there's a lot more people here.

My car's a rennaissance red 1997 SC400. I bought it back in January. I used to own a 1998 Corolla in HS and first few years in College. I've been saving up my money to buy this car of my dreams and now I finally got it. I'm actually a bit sad to see my Corolla go . I sold it to my friend/sister's roommate. Maybe a few years from now I can buy it back from him. I just can't afford to insure 2 cars right now. I know it was just a Corolla, but I had some good times in that little car.

Anyways, I'm glad to have this beauty Lexus and I know I'll never sell it. I'll sell my apartment and live in a box before I ever sell this car. I'm hoping to mod it up a bit to make it a bit sportier handling. Aside from that, there isn't a thing I would change on this car. She's absolutely beautiful.
Your SC looks really clean from your sig. post some pics!
Old 04-01-08, 10:13 PM
z0rs
Driver School Candidate

Hi, new to the forums, and I don't have a lexus, but I will soon. I cant wait to get an SC. As soon as i pay off my Sti in about 6 months I will have my dream car. I feel like I'm cheating on my girl, because I'm in love with another car. Haha

But I'll be around the forums trying to learn as much as I can, esp. the easiest route in boosting the car.
Old 04-03-08, 06:14 PM
OneSickSC
Driver

Hey i just bought my Sc400 and second time in the toyota world i owned a 94 celica gt a couple of years ago....I have always owed honda's and wanted to try something different...and let me tell u this car is making me not miss honda's at all i love the power an RWD....i have some pics in my sig.....i will get some new pics up soon thanks!
Old 04-03-08, 08:45 PM
robzislazy
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, my name's Marc I'm helping my friend Robz get his sc300 properly swaped. I personally have an s2000 but since I'm doing this with my friend I hope to meet helpfull people!
Old 04-03-08, 11:23 PM
MexicanSC
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to say whats up! my names Eric, im the proud owner of a 97 sc300. love all the info this site has to offer. my cars stock for the most part, 5% tint 6000k HID and lowered on eibach's and i always forget what struts(supra springs and struts)....anyways lookin for some wheels for my car and ill be done with her!
Old 04-04-08, 04:59 PM
jmoney1698
Driver School Candidate

Default Jimmyz Sc400

hey whats up my names jimmy and i just purchased a 92 SC400.... when i bought it it was wreck n i felt that the car had alot of potential.... so i invested money to fix it...and also had it painted a copper goldish color... i put lexus rims on it but i dont know what lexus there from.... i bought em at a junkyard.. i mean they look good so thats all that matter plus there 18's... i put 5 inch monitors in the driver and passenger headrest with a dualav dvd deck.... n i threw a JL Sub where the stock sub went....it fitted right in due they were both 10's...but now im tryna use the stock amp but idk how i would wire it to the sub....i had to rewire all the speakers...well only the left and right one..the to back ones were alright... but so far its coming out good and im taking my time on it i got a picture of it when it came out of the shop that day soo ill try and post it up... check it out...
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lex1.jpg  
Old 04-05-08, 02:45 PM
Prinethea
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member from New Jersey

Hi All,

I've been reading the posts for a few months while I was looking for an older SC300/400 to buy. I have always liked the body style on this car and because the interior and exterior of these cars are timeless and do not look dated at all.

I checked out about 10 of them for sale in my area and just bought one last week.

What I wanted was: 1995 Dark Green, Mint Inside and out with about 100K miles on it in the 7K area

What I bought was: 1994 Gold, 60,420 Miles, Mint Inside, Need some bodywork for $4,600.

Although the color wasnt my first or third choice the gold/black trim combo is growing on me and I was seduced by the mileage, around here all the cars for sale had 100-200K miles on them. With low mileage I dont mind putting some money into the bodywork.

I know it sound like a made up story, but I bought the car from 83 year old Grandma who just passed last month. Her 93 year old husband sold the car to me, and because she had passed he had to sign as executor on the tittle and gave me copies of the death cert to bring to the DMV. The carfax showed she bought the car in 1997 with 30K miles on it and since then has put just under 3K miles a year. They were both retired and the husband had a Jaguar ( I guess that was the family car they took to bingo :-)

I am pretty excited about getting this car it took a while to find one I could afford and right before I found this one I thought it was hopeless.

Ahh, just so you know Grandma did pass quietly in her sleep. She was also losing her sight and the body damage was from hitting the barriers(repeatedly) in the parking garage for their condo. She also had a special medical permit for full out tinted windows, which I need to have removed in the fronts to pass inspection.

I added pics below for you all to see. The damage is on the rear quarter panel on the passenger side and above the fornt wheel well on the drivers side. (These pics were from the online ad and the angles do minimize the damage.)

Name:  LexusSideview.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  105.4 KB
Name:  LexusRear.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  117.7 KB

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

-Prinethea

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!