SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-08, 08:25 PM
N1T3MARE
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

london07: Nice looking car. I like the red lips on the wheels and the exhaust.

Dee E.
Old 05-21-08, 02:25 AM
2JZ-300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody!

My name is Bryan and I really enjoy the SC300. I don't currently own one at the moment but am thinking about selling my 240sx for one. I've always liked the 2J's and not just because of the fast and the furious lol

My sister has a 93 supra with an NA 2J. She plans on putting a turbo kit on it, and I would like to do the same when I get an SC

The old Supra vs Soarer battle

Well anyways, I'm kinda new to the SC world, know some things about the 2j's and know nissans like the back of my hand

So thanks for reading and I can't wait to actually join the SC club
Old 05-21-08, 02:29 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JZ-300
Hey everybody!

My name is Bryan and I really enjoy the SC300. I don't currently own one at the moment but am thinking about selling my 240sx for one. I've always liked the 2J's and not just because of the fast and the furious lol

My sister has a 93 supra with an NA 2J. She plans on putting a turbo kit on it, and I would like to do the same when I get an SC

The old Supra vs Soarer battle

Well anyways, I'm kinda new to the SC world, know some things about the 2j's and know nissans like the back of my hand

So thanks for reading and I can't wait to actually join the SC club
Welcome Bryan.
Great choice for a new project car. You'll love it. The 240sx was actually my first choice for a while, until I came across the SC. I immediately fell in love. I think you will too. Sounds like you and your sister will have a pretty fun battle going on as well. Well anyways, ditch that Nissan and get yourself an SC! Now! Jk, but seriously, wise choice.
-Brian
Old 05-23-08, 07:57 AM
99BlackSC3
Driver School Candidate

Talking New to the forum

Hey guys, just picked up a 1999 SC300 Black on Black Auto (didn't want to wait to find a 5 speed). Been around the block a few times with other cars like the 350z and the S2000. I had a IS300 for a short time as well, so I am familiar with how the Lexus is crafted. Oh and btw, unlike most NOOBS I do know how the search button works. If anyone wants to direct me to a DIY on removing the A/C panel it would be a big help. My center bulb(s) are burnt out. I'll get pics up eventually. Thanks guys and i'm looking forward to my stay here.
Old 05-23-08, 08:01 AM
99BlackSC3
Driver School Candidate

LOL!! @ 2JZ-300, hey Bryan, it's VJ. Small world huh? I'm just getting around to joining myself. Let me know when you pick one up, you'll get addicted
Old 05-23-08, 10:13 AM
2JZ-300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 99BlackSC3
LOL!! @ 2JZ-300, hey Bryan, it's VJ. Small world huh? I'm just getting around to joining myself. Let me know when you pick one up, you'll get addicted
Hah

I had a feeling just by reading the user name that it was probably you

Have fun with your car man
and when I get one, we'll cruise...Maybe we can let brit cruise too....even tho its a mkIV

Old 05-24-08, 06:12 PM
Warm Pudgy
Driver School Candidate

hey everyone, just bought my self a '92 sc400 about a month ago, im absolutely loving it
ive wanted one ever since the first time i saw one a few years back
back when i had my camaro rs

it has about 155k
paid 5.1k
its black with tan interior

i can tell its been abused, and im pretty sure its been in a wreck, some of the body parts dont line up right
and i can tell the driver side rear quarter panel has been repainted
but the dealership i bought it from insists that it wasnt, and the carfax says it wasnt either, but ive been in a wreck before and it has all the signs of a repaired car
but over all, its in pretty good condition for being 16 years old

but oh well, ill baby it and fix it up
the engine and tranny seem to be running just fine, fast as hell

my goal is to have 350~400hp, id like to keep it as an every day car
maybe a twin turbo, or a supercharger

id like to install a lsd
but at the same time id like to keep the tranny an auto
i drive a manual f150 for work, and i dont care to shift gears that much, i want to keep it as a nice and easy car to drive

but ive got alot research to do before i make up my mind on anything
theres alot of info out there i just have to find it

if anyone knows of a thread someone or knows where i can find some info on what im wanting to do. id appreciate it a little point in the right direction

i do have one question right off the bat

if i installed a turbo or supercharger on a stock 1uz, would i need to replace any parts of the engine
how durable are the block/head/gaskets?
would it be able to take the additional pressure of maybe 8psi with out much trouble?
Old 05-25-08, 11:06 PM
SD LEX
Driver School Candidate

howdey. new SoCal member checking in. ive been in the shadows of many forums gathering vital info and such researching my latest build and thus came to CL on a recommendation.

i actually dont have a SC lexus although i have enough of one to be able to say ill be needing help from the CL community. here's my ride and whats going in it.

86 toyota pickup.

and my recently aquired 2jz-ge out of a 97 SC300

Old 05-28-08, 03:42 AM
chadds
Driver School Candidate

Hi, over the weekend I became the new owner of a '93 SC400. The car seems to have been very well taken care of. It's a 1-owner (a lawyers wife), dark green metallic, has 83k miles, and has all maintenance records from '93 up till now.

Everything on the car seems perfect, even the Nakamichi system with the 12-disc changer functions properly, although that system will be getting changed out for an aftermarket system next week.

I've always been a car guy, I'm 30 years old, and I've already owned over 30 cars in my life, with the majority of them being some type of performance car. My last few performance cars have been V8, 6-speed F-bodies, but now that I'm a bit older, I wanted something a bit more refined, and the SC fits perfectly.

The only thing I would change is that I wish I could have gotten a manual tranny, but it for me it came down to v8 & auto, or v6 & manual, and I decided to go for the v8.

I won't be getting to crazy with this car, as it will be my daily driver, but it will be getting a high end audio system installed very soon, and in the future I will do a few milder mods, with an exhaust that makes a bit more noise being at the top of my list.
Old 05-28-08, 05:12 PM
DrakeMK3
Driver

Hey everyone,

About a week and a half ago I purchased a '95 SC300 5 speed. The car has 174,500 miles on her, but I know that's nothing compared to what it can take and the car appears to have been reasonably taken care of. A little background information on me...I have owned several MK3 supra turbos and served as a moderator on supramania.com in the past. Having said that, the SC300 is just like an updated supra, so I am extremely content. I look forward to tastefully modding the car because I like to auto-x and just have a nice looking, respectable car. Here are some pics, however dirty she may be.

The car originally had some kind of gross-looking fart can, so I took her down to my favorite muffler place and had some magnaflow 14829's put on with a custom 2.25" exhaust. It turned out very nice and was exactly the look I was going for. Non-stock to the trained eye, but stock-looking enough as to not draw attention to myself.

Thanks for having me, CL!

-Drake

Last edited by DrakeMK3; 05-28-08 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-28-08, 05:51 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the community!
Old 05-29-08, 12:47 AM
sierrakid
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie

Well I found this site by mistake and I have to say that was a great mistake. I have a 93 SC 300 that I picked up in a trade from my
cousin. The motor is stock but I have done a little work on it. new Leather
seats front and Rear went with the Factory Deep green paint and 18in wheels. I love the car and I have big plans as long as my money stays right
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-ken-lex.jpg  
Old 05-29-08, 01:10 AM
sierrakid
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie

This Is what my 93 looks like now
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lex-wheels-3.jpg  
Old 05-29-08, 08:31 PM
sleepyguy6
Driver School Candidate

I have read the topics on the forum for a while and thought I would introduce myself. I have an 1993 SC300 and love it. Right now my car is having a 1JZGTE swap and I cannot wait for it to be done. WooHoo

Last edited by sleepyguy6; 05-29-08 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-02-08, 09:35 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just want to say hi

whats up everyone this is my second post on here my first was in the SC section asking a few newb questions , I just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Im buying a 97 SC300 with a 170k on it. Right now I own a 04 Tiburon and 240sx, but the Lexus is going to be my daily at the moment. I'm a LLLLOOONNNGG time member of newtiburon.com..........im one of the first few hundred members . I live in a place called ghettopee mass ..........................wow I'm making this sound like Im in AA so Im going to stop now, so

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!