SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 06:52 AM
IndySC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Noob

Hello,

First off I would like to thank everyone for their information I would be lost without this site.

My name is Harrison I fell in love with Lexus a little over a year ago, I was lucky enough to get to travel extensivley in my friends 91 LS and then he got a 99 SC4 and I just knew I had to get one. So I did.... Green 95 SC4 with 190,xxx. I have already added 6k HIDs and 3K hid fogs my next purchase is 18" gs430 hybrid wheels. It would waste everyones time to tell you why I love it so much but I make sure to inform everyone around me that doesn't see why!!!

Hopefully in time I will have knowledgable information to add. For my first real project I would like to have my fogs turn with the car [sorry for lack of desciption] but like the main beams do on the 09 RX...

Once again thank you for all the knowledge on such a wonderful machine

Pics coming soon ....Im at work right now
Old 05-18-09, 10:06 AM
jordanchen
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone!

Im new to this forum. i have a red 93 sc400 and i love her. shes quick and shes a smooth ride. i previously had a 96 mustang 3.8 but i got tired of it and all its problems so i had to go with the lex. i will post some pictures soon and hopefully you guys can give me some ideas. i want to put on some new shoes and maybe add some engine stuff other than a short ram and new throttle bodies.

im from Marietta, GA and abo****ely noone around has a 400. i have seen a few 300's but theyre owned by old people or their lifted and have really big rims. im not about that i just want 18's and maybe even to drop the car if i can afford it.

so again ill be putting pictures up soon and i hope you guys enjoy!
Old 05-18-09, 10:13 AM
tsumetai
Driver School Candidate

Hello CL! The names Nick and i have a white 1993 SC400. It's in great condition currently but I am cleaning up the inside and making sure it runs properly before I start going crazy with the mods. I'm in Socal in the 818
Old 05-18-09, 01:19 PM
Coolwhip1
Driver School Candidate

Hey ClubLexus, just got a 1995 Lexus SC300 last week. Platinum on black, as stock as they come in execellent condition. A few minor bugs to work out but no biggie. Minor soft mods are to come very soon and then major ones there after. As I'm juggling a few projects at the moment. Glad to finally sign up after all these years of watching friends drive these cars, hope my experience is a great one.

And glad to be the 1000th post in this thread :P
Old 05-18-09, 02:38 PM
94sc400GRN
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone,
My name is Bryan and I have a 1994 SC400 that I purchased about a year and a half ago. I have been a lurker and finially have some pictures to post, as well as introduce myself. I have no modifications and the only change I have done is changed the wheels. I have 18" IS350 chrome wheels. I used to have a 2006 G35 coupe that I had to sell . I have to say that all-in-all this SC400 has been good to me. As of now, I don't have any plans for modification. Only to keep it clean and have it's normal maintenance. I love CL because it has been very informational...and there are some pretty nice looking SC's on here...
Old 05-18-09, 10:40 PM
AlannalA
Driver School Candidate

I posted something earlier in this thread but it didn't show out. may i know y mod?
Old 05-19-09, 09:44 AM
SuzydaLex
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone!
I just bought my 1993 SC300 last week from a friend. Looking through this thread and a few other threads, your cars put mine to shame! It needs quite a bit of work done to it...minor and major repairs.
I have pics, but I'm scared to post them here
Old 05-19-09, 11:49 PM
stephenz
Rookie

dont feel bad,Im in the same boat as you!welcome
Old 05-20-09, 09:05 AM
SuzydaLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stephenz
I suppose mine isn't bad for what it's worth, but I'm working on improvements.

Thank you
Old 05-20-09, 12:34 PM
bibeau689
Driver School Candidate

hey first time lexus owner here car is pretty decent but im still keeping my Cadillac for my daily driver
Old 05-20-09, 02:42 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by stephenz
hah I'm all stock, but it's still nice to drool over SC's that I didn't have to pay for
Old 05-22-09, 11:26 AM
auragurl
Driver School Candidate

Hey...just bought a 1998 SC 300, black onyx and love it so far. Will not do anything drastic to the car, but my boyfriend, on the other hand has ideas! He already threw his expensive rims on it the other night and the next morning, I put a little owie in one of em. He's gonna take some pics this Sunday...will try to post some pics l8r!
Old 05-22-09, 04:57 PM
DTC SUPER*
Driver School Candidate

Hey hey hey.

Name: Ernie

I just purchased a 95 sc400 from my co-worker. Long story short, I had him buy this car to help him build and put a 2jz in and well that never took place.

He got back into OFFROADING his trucks and well I ended up with a nice car.

its has 171k on it body is 9 and interior a 7, has coilovers and wheels on it.

I will post pics later.
Old 05-22-09, 08:57 PM
Freeman
Driver School Candidate

Proud new owner of a '97 SC400 in beautiful shadow-rose-quartz. At <96k miles in near mint condition it makes me pretty happy. I guess it's good to be registered, saves a little time on searching, but I'm still going to need some eyedrops to get through these threads.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I strongly enourage posting pictures of your ride
I tried to post some pic links and an introductory message in this thread yesterday but they never came through. They'll be along in time, though.
Old 05-23-09, 08:18 AM
easy1000hp
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone, glad to be on this site. I recently purchased a 92 SC400 from a friend. It is my first Lexus, and im rather pleased with it. I am from Springfield Mo. There's a couple of SC's in town, most of which appear to be stock.
I have big plans for the car this winter. I am going to put a GM LQ4 6.0L in it with a cam and other items to go with that... I also am going to build a GM 4L60E transmission to back it, of course it will get a very nice 3500 stall converter and all of the goodies to go with it. Oh did i mention the 6.0 will be turbo charged also...! I am going to run low boost and detuned until i get the rear end situated along with the possibility of a roll cage. Its going to be difficult, but it will get done. I'm going to try my hardest to make it quiet, so the locals don't know why they got beat by a Lexus!!!
But for now im just enjoying the 1uz-fe in it now. I have done a couple of things with it to help it out. I removed the intermediate resonator and the rear mufflers, but it still uses the stock tips out of the back. it looks stock, but sounds better!!! I am in the process of putting a "real" cold air intake on it, not the over-priced short ram that pulls in hot air from the engine compartment. I will post pics and part lists for it, and i will even provide detailed instuctions, and where to buy the parts from for half the price of a short ram when it is finished. A little diy, but worth it!
Again, glad to be here. The site looks really good! Will be looking forward to meeting people here.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!