SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 12:35 AM
95jdmsc3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, name is Terry and i just picked up a pearl white 95 SC300. Im sitting on 18x10(rear) 18x9(front) blitz Type 03 wheels slammed with Megan racing full dampening suspension and Soarer emblems. yellow fog lights and 30K HID's. Got 213K miles.

PLANS: full lip kit and new exhaust system. try to find a tan 3 spoke SC steering wheel and also upgrade to a gated shifter from the newer SC's.
Old 08-18-09, 12:38 AM
royaltyrsp
Driver

Originally Posted by 95jdmsc3
Hey guys, name is Terry and i just picked up a pearl white 95 SC300. Im sitting on 18x10(rear) 18x9(front) blitz Type 03 wheels slammed with Megan racing full dampening suspension and Soarer emblems. yellow fog lights and 30K HID's. Got 213K miles.

PLANS: full lip kit and new exhaust system. try to find a tan 3 spoke SC steering wheel and also upgrade to a gated shifter from the newer SC's.
welcome, and nice cop! pics?
Old 08-18-09, 12:40 AM
95jdmsc3
Driver School Candidate

i will try to get pics up soon.
Old 08-18-09, 02:10 AM
Lexscme
Pole Position

^welcome!! im a noobie also LOL
Old 08-18-09, 10:07 AM
TWIZTIDSC
Driver School Candidate

About 3 Months ago, I got a 1993 Lexus SC300 w/ a 5 speed. Everything is still stock besides my in-dash dvd player (thank you for the install guide). I absolutly LOVE this car. Needs a little work, I just purchased loaded calipers and rotors for the rear and will get to the fronts soon. Dunno exactly how many Miles are on her as the odometer says about 7000 miles. But for living in Buffalo NY, this car is CLEAN.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for all of the info that i already have gotten from this site.
Old 08-18-09, 05:16 PM
OMD
Pole Position

welcome guys!! i bet you will love this site as I have.. tons and tons on info here..
Old 08-18-09, 06:04 PM
GSuaz92
Driver School Candidate

Default Gabriel

Whats up, im 16 about to turn 17 and am looking into finding the right sc pretty soon. I am in highschool and am working and saving up for it as I have been for a while now , looking for a 5 speed, Dont really care about swapping motors or turboing it for now, may go NA-T in the future, late future. For now I would focus on working on the suspension,wheels, cosmetics, and a couple of engine mods to pick up a few ponys well anyways hopefully you all understand my situation and help me out when I need it...cant really think of much else to say but thanks for reading.. laterr
Old 08-19-09, 08:10 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally signed up after using my brother's login for a while ... 1999 Lexus SC400.... Whats up ya'll?

Looking forward to see you guys at local meets.
Old 08-20-09, 08:52 AM
WetLexus
Rookie

Hey Everyone, Just bought a '95 Sc300 about a week ago. Its bone stock and has the oh so fast auto tranny..... I did get a great deal on it though it was a flood vehicle that had absolutely nothing happen to the interior............hence the name "WetLexus". Car is running beautifully after i got all of the water out of the exhaust, gave it some motorflush, new synthetic oil, tune up, and of course seafoam hehe. Very excited about this forum and everything it contains Thanks a lot guys and gals!
Old 08-20-09, 10:08 PM
Berkut
Driver School Candidate

Default Me and my undoing.

Hello my name is Tristan, and I got my sc300 in May after my talon tsi was totaled. I love the car but it needs a few things IMO, a diet for one thing! Here she is and a pic of the intake I made for her.
Name:  Photo0279.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  86.9 KB
Name:  Photo0293.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  46.3 KB

My next plans are for tint, lowing springs, and exhaust probably. Then rims, and hopefully a new r154
Old 08-21-09, 12:06 AM
AEMxRACER
Driver School Candidate

Default Noob2themax

Sup yall? New to the forum, and the scene- dont hate. lol, Dallas/Plano area...holla back if youre from around here

been reading around the past couple days- just trying to learn as much as I can and check out all the MODed SCs. Just got mine maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. 1993 SC400 (sienna green?)- all ive done so far is minimal audio work. two JL W0s, TMA 500:1 amp, Pioneer exceleron head unit....

Currently the car is out of commision, engine is cranking but wont turn over, its in the shop- mechanic spent 3 hours today checking the electronics but couldnt find a problem. Forum member said check the Fuel Pump ECU, will do that tommorow.

pictures will come, courtesy of G photography lol, as soon as i get the car back

In the works:
JL 500:1
JL W3's
Alpine Double-din head unit
carbon hood
new head/tail lights
gauge cluster lighting

Im a poor man, lol, if anyone has suggestions on where to get items mentioned/cost-cutting measures, would be much appreciated
Old 08-21-09, 12:08 AM
royaltyrsp
Driver

Originally Posted by AEMxRACER
Sup yall? New to the forum, and the scene- dont hate. lol, Dallas/Plano area...holla back if youre from around here

been reading around the past couple days- just trying to learn as much as I can and check out all the MODed SCs. Just got mine maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. 1993 SC400 (sienna green?)- all ive done so far is minimal audio work. two JL W0s, TMA 500:1 amp, Pioneer exceleron head unit....

Currently the car is out of commision, engine is cranking but wont turn over, its in the shop- mechanic spent 3 hours today checking the electronics but couldnt find a problem. Forum member said check the Fuel Pump ECU, will do that tommorow.

pictures will come, courtesy of G photography lol, as soon as i get the car back

In the works:
JL 500:1
JL W3's
Alpine Double-din head unit
carbon hood
new head/tail lights
gauge cluster lighting

Im a poor man, lol, if anyone has suggestions on where to get items mentioned/cost-cutting measures, would be much appreciated
welcome! you put the audio work in before getting it running?
Old 08-21-09, 12:22 AM
AEMxRACER
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by royaltyrsp
welcome! you put the audio work in before getting it running?
Hehe- no royalty, sorry....that would be funny had i done that, lol, who needs to drive the car as long as it bumps right?

Nah, I put the system in about a week after getting the car, which was like mid july....the engine problem occurred on wednesday. Monday I was driving back from the country (im in Texas) and I ran over some gravel.....CEL turned on and traction control off, tuesday filled tank- CEL off traction control on....wednesday morning i get in the car and it wouldnt start. did some toying around to no avail, thursday morning i had it towed to the shop and after about 3 hours of work the mechanics still havent been able to find anything

I cant wait to put the JL amp in though, the W0's are marketed as absolute beasts and they definetly are, but the TMA amp cant handle em at 2 ohms, so right now theyre wired at 8 to prevent it from overheating, and it lacks a certain teeth rattling rumble that I go mad for....which i should actually ask- can anyone recommend an amp other than JL that would be able to handle the impedance of the 2 W0's at 2 ohms? ive been told JL is close to the only brand that would be able too- my favorite, just so expensive
Old 08-21-09, 12:33 AM
royaltyrsp
Driver

ohh ok, i see. haha, my bad.
Old 08-22-09, 08:43 AM
princeSC3
Driver School Candidate

Default hey

whats up im robert i have a 97 sc300 my goal is to make 1000hp to the wheels its gonna be a long and hard road but i will meet my goal

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!