SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-10, 09:51 AM
sxyboos10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default introducing myself

hey CL my name is Mac. i recently purchased my first lexus. Being so called lucky to get a 1992 lexus sc300 with a 1jzgte tt. i bought it in houston in january and drove her home to san antonio. I will be honest and say that i didnt get a flawless car. it has problems but considering it has some goods with the bads. well for the goods- hks 3" cat back exhaust, hks profspec boost controller w/ boost cut eliminator.3" tubing and large front mouth intercooler. i was fortunate to get it with the 96 polished supra wheels with the 17x9 1/2 rear along with the supra big brake upgrade.
for the bads:
my trranny is going out(but i have another one already), no power steering( but i have a new pump just need the hose), no a/c( the compressor just went out on me), and i believe the turbos are out cuz i get only 3 lbs of boost maybe( i have another set of stock twins but i want to just upgrade)
other than that i got dropped low on tein adjustable coilovers blacked out the tailights and cruise it for the mean time. i am a custom car audio installer so i am always busy. any suggestions let me know, i am open to any u got!!!!! thanks and hope to meet up with ya'll soon
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img00523.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img00522.jpg  
Old 07-04-10, 10:02 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Well installing a stereo in this will keep you even more busy. Throw the stock one in the garbage and upgrade to something better. JMO
Old 07-04-10, 05:06 PM
Lamar9875
Driver School Candidate

Well me and my sc400 took a trip 200 miles up to my dad's place car drove very fine, I had a seal and valve replace. Next week I will have the front main seal *I believe replace and the valve cover*, I say it was a very nice ride and very smooth. It doesn't have the same rims but I will be ordering newer ones this year, it's back on stock tires and rims which rub like crazy.

Name:  lexus.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  9.8 KB
Old 07-06-10, 06:37 AM
palexsc2jz
Driver School Candidate

Hi , my name is Fran I'm from Puerto Rico. I bougth an sc300 93 rolling chassis last Dec. Then buy a gs300 engine and a 700r4 tranny for D/D . The car still in the garage because I dont have much time to work on it. Got a T61 turbo and megasquirt that will be standalone. For now I'm searching all the info i can get to make tha car function like OEM because it dont have the stock ECU and the wireloom was modify for a aristo gte one. Any way I will post soon the project. Love CL ,there is a ton of info.
Old 07-07-10, 05:19 PM
IS300SS
Rookie

Default Late intro

Hey people my name is mike and i am a proud sc300 owner. such a sexy car... especially 97 plus bumpers!! a little heavy though but thats alright. cant win em all. oh and those door hinges wtf...

about 10 months ago i bought a black on black 97 sc300 with tein RA coilovers, 18" cheap-o rims, clutch, flywheel, hks blow off, front mount, 1jzgte with an R154. SO I WAS TOLD.

I'm big into DIY. I bought the car because it had an untouched 1jz, the small **** already installed and the good trans. So i thought lol.

I tuned it myself using a mapecu2 piggy back and put in a supra LSD. very fun, very straight forward. had it at 14.5psi but now my twins are going out.

went to replace my slave cylinder a couple weeks ago and what do you know... those ******* at "drag international" in ft. Lauderdale lied. Its a W58.

i guess thats what i get for trusting them!~!! it sucks.

oh yeah the car is a salvage title too... it was a mistake to but this car, but its oh so sexy.

anyways a friend wants to buy it for around what i got it for. 8k. AND he says i can take my diff, mapecu, and aem AFR gauge.

theres a pre 97 sc300 roller for sale near my house. has everything but the engine. I want to buy it and order a 2jzgte then do the install myself. trying to add it all up and figure out what trans id use for now. weather i can use the auto trans thats in the shell or it'd be cheaper just to order a 2jz with a w58 on it. V160 will go in a bit later. trans or single turbo first... ummm

tan interior... but I dont care I've decided i'd rather have a fast sc with tons of potential. rather have my sc300 lacking a front bumper, rear bumper, spoiler, tails and interior (thinking bout gutting it ) plus I dont know what hell that 1jz has been trough. I know there strong, but my twins went out really quickly. Oh and i pry have the stock w58 with 120k miles on it.

So thats all for my introduction!! I figured I need to make my introduction now that im going to be on here a lot reading up on the swap and asking about transmissions.
Thanks to anyone who reads all of this. I will most likey start a new tread once i price everything out.

Peace
Old 07-08-10, 04:16 PM
VanillaSC
Driver

Cool

Hey Club Lexus my name is Jacob and I just picked up my 95 SC400, it's my first lexus and I'm lovin this car already. My dad has a 2000 GS400 and I fell in love with it. I'll give a little bit of info about my new ride, the previous owner took really good care of it and it has relatively low miles for its age. So here's the 411:
1995 SC 400 White w/ Tan interior
Mods:
1997 Bumper and Side Skirts
HID headlights
Tein Coilovers
IS350 18" wheels
Pioneer touch screen head unit, JL audio amp and subs
Clifford Alarm

Future Mods:
Injen SRI
Ebay axelback exhaust
R1 Concepts rotors and pads front&rear
JDM Tail lights
Fresh paint at some point

Here's a picture and she is actually sitting a bit higher in the rear now about 2 fingers above the rear tires, I had the previous owner adjust the suspension and get an alignment done before I bought it. Let me know what you guys think!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh and I'm in Houston, TX are there any meets or anything for lexus owners?
Old 07-08-10, 05:32 PM
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone. Im chris. Ive ben on here for a long time but never really had much to say. Ive had my sc300 for a few years now. Its gone from mild to wild and back again afew times. i am working on istalling my body kit at the moment. i have done the 1j swap with a r154. then i singled that swap and had it all polished then blew it up. so had to go back to the n/a world until i rebuild. but like most of uyou. i love this car. and this site is awesome. id like to thank everyone that posted how tos and answered others quetions. ill try and post picks when i get time. thanks
Old 07-11-10, 12:45 PM
2jzosht
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up a new project, that will turn into my daily so I dont have to drive my MKIV all over. Its a 92 sc300 with 5spd and 155k miles, clean title no accidents. My Supra use to be a NA but now sports a 2jzgte from an aristo, I plan on a similar build on the SC. Name:  sandiego121.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  29.7 KB
Old 07-18-10, 03:16 PM
PhreakSC
Driver School Candidate

Whats up everyone, the name is Yusuf im new to the SC/Toyota game lol.

Just purchased myself a 93 sc300 with a 1jzgte cold ac, got it for a good price. The car was slid into a curb the damage the suspension in the driver rear so i just recently repaired it and while was at it put it on a set of JIC Magics and some staggered 18" SSI. Like i said this is my first Lexus/Toyota build, previously owned and built nissan's. Had a 540whp 300zx so im looking to build my SC similar hp range if not more. If anyone has any good 1jzgte or SC advice just pm me and let me know ill be starting a built thread here soon within the next week or so.
Old 07-18-10, 07:50 PM
snakehead
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My name is SnakeHead,I bought an LS 430 about 6months ago, I wanted a road/drift car so i bought a 5 spd 1995 SC300,I can not get over how great this car handels and drives, I can only imagine when i get the money to do the engine swap and suspension, I wish i would of gone this route before i spent$ $$$ on my 2 240sx$, The SC is luxury with Race wrapped in one. I might ask some straight up rookie a$$ questions so bare with me, I know where the search button is too.
Old 07-30-10, 08:04 PM
jvsc400
Driver School Candidate

My name is John and I just picked up a 93 SC400 with 197,000 miles. It's definitely a fixer-upper but I thought what the heck, it's an SC and it's only a grand. Lots of cosmetic problems I can take care of myself, but the only major concern is it certainly needs some (lots) of work on the front suspension. I'm not sure I can do that work myself, so it probably will soon be off to a mechanic to see what ballpark we're talking about to repair the front suspension and then we'll take it from there. Anyway, I've already learned a bunch lurking on the forum and searching for threads but I just wanted to stop in and say hi and thanks for all the great info.
Old 07-31-10, 06:08 AM
Mike1JZ
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Greetings dudes & to the Club Lexus forum. My name is Mike, I'm located in Melbourne Australia. First time post on this grouse forum/community. I found my TT Soarer (a.k.a. Sc300) in October '09 after I sold my NA 300zx. '93 model, Silver & real clean. Set me back $9000. It already the following - high flowed turbo's, factory sunroof, traction control, wind deflectors, tint all-around, front mount inter-cooler, full exhaust, Evolution side skirts, factory spoiler & rear wiper.

Since then I have also fitted,
- 6000k HID's
- Aftermarket black housing head lights & high beams
- Modified '95 tail lights
- Evolution rear bumper skirt
- Paint stripped door pillars / door handles & polished
- Removed spoiler
- Rear window replaced with no wiper
- Cusco coil overs
- Slotted rotors
- Front lip painted body color
- Calipers painted
- GTR style air ducts
- Wood grain inserts (keep in mind, mine was the pov-pack interior !)
- Leather gear shifter
- New 3" mufflers
- New badges
- Modified front bumper
- Momo 'Race' wheel with HKB cruise control hub
- Factory Black dash
- Flip-out cup holder
- Greddy turbo timer
- Manual boost controller, 14PSI

Once I buy some new wheels & the late model factory grille I think I'll be pretty content with the exterior. I am also going to attempt to fit my clear lens from my current eBay head lights to the factory head lights this month.

Hope to post some more in the future.

Cheers.

Last edited by Mike1JZ; 08-14-10 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-31-10, 03:33 PM
Specaiist
Driver

Greetings "Family".

Current STATS:1998 Lexus SC400
K&N Filter
Magnaflow Mufflers
Custom 2.5" Stainless Steel Pipes (Cat Back)
12k H.I.D Headlights & Fogs
18" Racing Hart Pro 5 (FOR SALE)
All Original Paint
Pioneer Avic-D3 Head Unit
Rockford Fosgate Amp 500/2
Rockford Fosgate 12" P3 Sup
Custom Built Enclosure
Alpine Interior Speakers
Pioneer Tweeters
Pioneer Back Up Camera
Custom Side Markers

Upcoming Mods:LS400 BBK
Tein Coilovers
Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors

Wish List: Roof Spoiler
Autocuture Body Kit
20x10.5 Rear Rim (TBD)
20x9 Front Rim (TBD)
(((For Now)))

Name:  LexPics008.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  52.7 KB
Name:  LexPics009.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  40.7 KB
Name:  LexPics001.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  52.7 KB
Name:  LexPics005.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  45.4 KB
Name:  LexPics010.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  52.9 KB

Last edited by Specaiist; 07-31-10 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-05-10, 10:37 PM
skipjagger
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hi im george bought a 92 sc300 did an auto to w58 swap on it a few months ago. trans is sloppy but it came with an extra motor i picked up (which i just got back from the machene shop). everything machined all nice nice hey. je 8.02:1 pistons stock ge rods stock crank(du) had the head ported and rebuilt. just bought a repair manual for the 2jj hopefully ill get it soon so i can start assembeling the motor! in the mean time the motor that was in the car overheated and blew a head gasket it was slow but still fun to drive. way better than my dd kia. ill get pics up soon, all gm sensors (i have a big stuff standalone) some headerthats for a coil on plug car so it has to be modified anyone wanna trade? its stainless

im a welder by trade, we build tube chassis for nascar circletrack modified series. anyone one need some welding done (mild steal or t6 6061 alum) ide be hapy to help for a small price i live in ct skipjagger@yahoo.com once i figure out this pm mumbo jumbo that would most likely work better?

i really like this whole deal verry helpful. i did the five speed swap myself very easy, a couple of hole saws a drill a sodering gun a good socket/wrench set heat shrink tubing all the trans stuff and your good to go!
Old 08-05-10, 11:34 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, Carlo here, just picked up a 1998 SC300, Renaissance Red, and loving every bit of it. It's everything i expected and more. I'm very exciting to start slowly upgrading this thing. First plans are a BFI, and center resonator delete. Maybe some new wheels. I'm excited to get into the whole Lexus community! Anyone in SW VA?

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!